It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican HQ Manager's Home Shot Up Over McCain Signs

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
And the liberals on ATS, the Obama supporters maintain that the Republicans are violent? I submit the following:

LONGWOOD, Fla. -- The home of a Central Florida Republican headquarters manager was shot up and damaged over his support of Sen. John McCain, the man told police.

Rog Coverely said several pellets pierced his Longwood home. Coverely showed several spiderwebbed-holes in the front windows of his home.

The Republican manager said he is convinced he was targeted because of new McCain signs he added around his home.

Source: www.local6.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
This does not and should not reflect on Democrats.

I certainly do not believe that anyone has the right to intimidate another according to his vote.

Edit to add...

(You starred that?!?!!? And not a tolerance post?? And you wonder why....)

[edit on 23-10-2008 by Grafilthy]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Typical, if your a lib you have freedom of speech and others who disagree should shut up. There tolerance is always amazing.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Haha I bet Republicans shot it up to take the heat off their hate mongering lot. I bet I could post 5 occurances done by Reps for every one done by Dems.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by anotherdad

I love that the very next post exemplifies what you mentioned. Wonderful.

Label them 'hate mongers' then wish them death. Nice.

First one to cry 'racist' wins. Ready....set.....go!

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I bet....if I looked.....I could find the whole lot of yous sayin' "Them lib-rullz wanna takes our guns way"......

.....and now it's...."them lib-rullz is shootin at us!"....

Have some cake er' eat it please.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by damwel

OK then GO! post them. The republicans will post 1 for 1 and see who lasts longest.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Grafilthy

You dont have to look. I'll say it. Obama is running on a desire to reinstate Clintons AWB only tweaked (tweaked to be more strict and simultaneously more comical) which would make every one of my guns with the exception of a WWII M1 Garand illegal.

P.S. these people shot the house with PELLET GUNS.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grafilthy
I bet....if I looked.....I could find the whole lot of yous sayin' "Them lib-rullz wanna takes our guns way"......

.....and now it's...."them lib-rullz is shootin at us!"....

Have some cake er' eat it please.

More standard demo tactics.

a) anything (legal or not) is OK as long as it gets their message across.

b) start throwing insults if left with nothing else to say.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Damwel

Damwel, if it where Republicans they would have used paint ball guns so everybody could see the hits. Its the Dems who hide everything!!!!LOL

Zindo

[edit on 10/23/2008 by ZindoDoone]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I would hope that the man's home was not targeted for his political views, but that is certainly how it seems (according to the article). As we draw closer to the election, I am more and more concerned that supporters on the losing side will not bow out gracefully. I have seen a number of supporters of both candidates and they can be remarkably zealous and impassioned. It is easy to imagine them taking to the streets and instigating a fierce contention on or after election day.

Now, to the real purpose of my post--re:the replies within this thread: The most visible conservative members on ATS are a continual embarrassment to anyone with conservative leanings. I consider myself a right-leaning libertarian (leaning toward traditional conservatism and far, far away from current GOP conservatism), and I cannot believe how incredibly doltish some of your comments have been and continue to be. In this thread alone, you draw conclusions from posts that in no way coincide with the poster's actual intent. Either you are intentionally misrepresenting your opponent's words or you're allowing partisan feelings to severely muddle your judgment. I don't know which is worse.

Examples, you ask?

anotherdad: "Typical, if your a lib you have freedom of speech and others who disagree should shut up. There tolerance is always amazing. lol:"

--nothing in the linked article or postings by liberals within this thread can be taken as evidence that the "typical liberal" desires "freedom of speech and others who disagree should shut up".

thisguyrightthere: "I love that the very next post exemplifies what you mentioned. Wonderful.
Label them 'hate mongers' then wish them death. Nice."

--Who here "[wished] them death"? damwel's post follows anotherdad's, and I don't know how on earth it might be construed in that fashion. I don't see any posts here that might be. Please clarify.

centurion1211: "More standard demo tactics.

a) anything (legal or not) is OK as long as it gets their message across."

--None of the replies in this thread, indeed any replies I've come across on ATS by democrats, have suggested that they feel that illegal activities are okay "as long as [they] get their message across".

Really, where are you people getting this stuff? Do you even read what you've written before you post? And to think, you're starring each other's ridiculous statements.

I would think that with the reigning perception of conservatives right now, you all would be trying your damnedest to foster a respectable profile.

[edit on 23/10/08 by paperplanes]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
I bet I could post 5 occurances done by Reps for every one done by Dems.
That would be great. I will be waiting your examples.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
reply to post by Grafilthy

P.S. these people shot the house with PELLET GUNS.

It wa probably a shotgun and they found pellets from it.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by deathhasnosound

I was guessing it was a pellet gun because whenever an actual gun is used the news likes to show pictures of the scary thing and repeat 'gun gun gun' as much as possible.

It's only a guess though.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
www.drudgereport.com...

New headline.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Shooting a bunch of inanimate signs is trivia compared to Bush
and the republicans bankrupting America and bombing innocent
children and civilians in shock and awe Baghdad.
Insecure gun happy morons shoot up signs everywhere.
It's as common as Sarah Palin's lack of intelligence.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Them there are warning shots
signs of things to come.

I'm a non violent Democrat, but .............

People are sick and tired of all things Republican, and even 11% of Republicans are voting Democratic.

For all we know that could have very well been one of the 11% (MSNBC figure) Rep[ublicans now voting Democrat.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by anotherdad

Jesus christ man.

There's some tolerance for ya. Yes we can carve 'B''s into peoples faces?

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I strongly expect some teenage punks were involved in this. BB/pellet gun shootings tend to be a kid thing. The neighborhood kids may have had a beef with him.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

And they call us Nazi's and intolerent. This is disgusting. wheres the outrage on the other side. Or did this have to be done because the individual was brainwashed and disagreed with what was wanted.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join