It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Footage of UFO over Maine

page: 1
1

log in

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Ok this "seems" to be new to the forum, I did search and couldnt find anything so.....

Now first impressions you are going to say "jet" or "missile", just as I did but you should keep watching, the video also tells you when to pause to get a good shot, actually I paused regularly and to be honest, its quite bizarre.

Later in the film it appears to be some kind of Jet, but a very odd looking one and the trails its leaving are quite, well, odd I suppose, when you get to about 4.18 in the film you will see what I mean.

I mean I think jet, but watching the film I can see why the person found it weird, it is highly irregular. I mayb not have seen a lot of missles but I have seen a hell of a lot of jets (I lived next to Leuchars RAF base) going through all sorts of manouvers and ive never seen anything quite like that.

Maybe someone can give a clearer explanation but watch the film all the way through, it has some very interesting moments! Even the very last minutes when it looks like the last footage is plane and simple jet trails, theres a little puzzler at the front of it


Its probably normal, logic suggest so but its certainly very cool.

The pilot must be suicidal


Can someone do som screen caps and put them in the thread? The closeup of the early trail which looks like its being made by two balls is very odd, and of course that major burn trail later in the film.

www.youtube.com...




[edit on 22-10-2008 by silver6ix]

[edit on 22-10-2008 by silver6ix]

[edit on 22-10-2008 by silver6ix]




posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Some guy with shakey hands filmed jets all Summer and posted the
jittery footage on YouTube. I couldn't stand to watch more than a
couple of minutes. Was there a "UFO over Maine" segment? That's
the thread's title after all.



posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
It looks like a four engine jet leaving contrails. The color is due to a low (setting/rising) sun.

What do you find unusual about it? At 4:00 you can see similar parallel contrails to the left of the subject.



posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by carewemust
Some guy with shakey hands filmed jets all Summer and posted the
jittery footage on YouTube. I couldn't stand to watch more than a
couple of minutes. Was there a "UFO over Maine" segment? That's
the thread's title after all.


well if you didnt watch you wont see. I did say watch the whole film, there are some very good closeups and some very screwed up trails.

I thought the same which is why I said if you are going to judge, watch te film.

My first thought was jet but if you actually watch it through it will give you a few puzzles for sure.



posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
It looks like a four engine jet leaving contrails. The color is due to a low (setting/rising) sun.

What do you find unusual about it? At 4:00 you can see similar parallel contrails to the left of the subject.


At 4.46 you can see a close up and you cant even see the plane at all, just a bloody great splurges of yellow. Ive never seen a trail like that and Ive watched hours of Phantom and Tornados doing manouvers and training, in day and night. Or stop it at 4.28, very cool image.

[edit on 22-10-2008 by silver6ix]



posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Nothing really new, i've seen this video on here before.

I might add this. I live in San Diego, CA. When airliners are going over the city from North to South, I notice that their contrail stops when flying over Miramar Air Station which is a no fly zone in low altitude. I work just north of the base.

Just seems kind of odd because the contrail starts again after it is South of the base.

I've seen this on many occasion. Maybe someday I will record this.



posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by malignant_tumor
Nothing really new, i've seen this video on here before.

I might add this. I live in San Diego, CA. When airliners are going over the city from North to South, I notice that their contrail stops when flying over Miramar Air Station which is a no fly zone in low altitude. I work just north of the base.

Just seems kind of odd because the contrail starts again after it is South of the base.

I've seen this on many occasion. Maybe someday I will record this.


What do you think of the 4.28 trails?

To get that kind of explosion of trails the pilot would need to be diving at maniac speeds. Ive seen a lot of jet trails from RAF fighter jets in manouves, but the trails are about a foot behind the jet, occasionally when banking of nose diving you will get a wing trail but that trail at 4.28 is just crazy. You cant see anything of the jet at all and ive never seen a jet obscured completely by its own trail, my understanding is thats impossible.

At point it just looks like a fireball. If anyone can point to a video of a fighter producing that sort of trail ill be amazed, its nuts.

MAYBE for a few seconds you could equate that trail to when the afterburners are fired in certain air conditions but its a burst trail, that pilot seems to be nose diving in a way that would be suicidal.

[edit on 22-10-2008 by silver6ix]

[edit on 22-10-2008 by silver6ix]



posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
It all kind of depends on the humidity levels as well.

Here is a good read to help explain

mynasadata.larc.nasa.gov...



posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by malignant_tumor
It all kind of depends on the humidity levels as well.

Here is a good read to help explain

mynasadata.larc.nasa.gov...


Its not the trails behind that im puzzled about its actualy engulfing the entire aircraft, that ive never seen in any way shape or form. You can always see the jet.



posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
most likely a mirrored effect. light reflecting off of water vapor renderering the plane invisible for a bit.



posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Anybody who can't see the jet in the video may want to get their eyes checked.
The body and wings of a plane are clearly visible to me, even without my glasses




p.s. This cap is at exactly 4:28

[edit on 10/22/2008 by eaglewingz]



posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by malignant_tumor
most likely a mirrored effect. light reflecting off of water vapor renderering the plane invisible for a bit.


Must be hellishly effective, if you go frame by frame say 1.25 to 1.35 the plane must be invisible completely because all i can see is two balls.



posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
black lines = contrail shadow on higher cloud deck...

the sun is low on the opposite horizon on that footage.



new topics

top topics



 
1

log in

join