It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Vindication of President Bush

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Because of the liberal bias of the managed media most people don't know that on July 5, 2008, the Associated Press (AP) released a story titled:
Secret U.S. Mission hauls uranium from Iraq.

The opening paragraph is as follows:

'The last major remnant of Saddam Hussein's nuclear program a huge
stockpile of concentrated natural uranium reached a Canadian port
Saturday to complete a secret U.S. Operation that included a two
week airlift from Baghdad and a ship voyage crossing two oceans.'

Instead of protecting his own interest and defending himself while being called a liar. Bush kept it quiet to protect the troops guarding the uranium from being attacked and stolen by terrorists. Meanwhile the democrats are laughing at him calling him a liar and the the war unjustified. Whoops - truth is he's a hero for keeping his mouth shut.

It appears that American troops found the 550 metric tons of
uranium in 2003 after invading Iraq. They had to sit on this information and the uranium itself, for fear of terrorists attempting to steal it. It was guarded and kept safe by our military in a 23,000-acre site with large sand berms surrounding the site.

So yeah Saddam was developing Nuclear weapons and the war was completely justified as he was a mad man. This is vindication for the Bush administration, having been attacked mercilessly by the liberal media. Now that it is proven that President Bush did not lie about Saddam's nuclear ambitions, one would think the mainstream media would report the story. I wonder if Obama would have had the back bone to stop Saddam and then keep his mouth shut? - I really doubt it.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Bah this has already been covered here

Of importance is this post

This isn't the vindication of bush, not even close. He pushed the US military into Iraq for his own class interests, nothing more.

Edit to add: The media isn't liberal, its centrist, and it sides with the right a hell of a lot more than it sides with the left.

[edit on 22-10-2008 by InSpiteOf]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Wow. That was worth all the death and destruction, for sure.

While yellowcake alone is not considered potent enough for a so-called "dirty bomb" — a conventional explosive that disperses radioactive material — it could stir widespread panic if incorporated in a blast. Yellowcake also can be enriched for use in reactors and, at higher levels, nuclear weapons using sophisticated equipment.

Oh yeah. And where is all that sophisticated equipment? Oh. Right. There was none of that. Oh well.

That definitely makes ol' W a hero in my book. Can't imagine how we ever doubted the putz.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
hahahaha this is the funniest thing I've read in a while, keep on living in that bubble of yours!

Are seriously been serious?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
having uranium
making nuclear bombs
has nuclear weapons

are 3 massivley different things

was it weapon grade uranium?
did he have the equipment to weaponise it if not?
did he have the equipemnt to manufacture a working nuclear warhead
did he have the equipment to utalise a working warhead

i have a couple of bottles of bleach under my sink it doesnt prove im making hydrogen peroxide explosives

having uranium isnt the same as having a nuke although you could stick it in someones food and give the radiation poisoning if you really felt mean about it

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

Interesting information. I'm not a fan of Bush for various reasons but if true, this makes him a little better in my eyes. I'm no expert on uranium and the war but that is commendable IMO.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by noobfun
having uranium
making nuclear bombs
has nuclear weapons

i have a couple of bottles of bleach under my sink it doesnt prove im making hydrogen peroxide explosives

having uranium isnt the same as having a nuke although you could stick it in someones food and give the radiation poisoning if you really felt mean about it

Theres only 3 steps to making a nuclear bomb. Yellowcake is the product of the uranium extraction (milling) process; early production methods resulted in a bright yellow compound, hence the name yellowcake. The material is a mixture of uranium oxides that can vary in proportion and in color from yellow to orange to dark green (blackish) depending at which temperature the material was dried (level of hydration and impurities). Higher drying temperatures produce a darker, less soluble material. Yellowcake is commonly referred to as U3O8 and is assayed as pounds U3O8 equivalent. This fine powder is packaged in drums and sent to a conversion plant that produces uranium hexafluoride (UF6) as the next step in the manufacture of nuclear fuel. The product UF6 is placed into steel cylinders and shipped as a solid to a gaseous diffusion plant for enrichment. At this point your ready to go.

So to say this doesnt mean anything your deluding yourself obviously you dont buy that much yellow cake unless you are planning weapons production.Hardly the same as bleach.

Ps Iran as at stage 2 they have the centrifuges and already producing UF6. And they are building th diffusion plant.

[edit on 10/22/08 by dragonridr]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Why dos anyone hold onto the one topic of a minor bs story about WMD's...

Saddam did seek them, of that you can be sure, at least at one time.

And Saddam was, a crazy guy, he was a butcher.

The real issue is us Still being there and for so many years while the economy sinks...

getting him out, even if a few exaggerations were told was a decent move...

The handling of the place from that point, that's debateable... I will say Iraq seems to be doing better and if it works out okay, well, okay... but, that depends on war with Iran or not and what happens

and that's the real reason we are stuck there... and the only thing that was a big mistake...

we know and they are right, that if we leave, Iraq will fall to Iran in an hour...

and that is the REAL scandal, why no one realized that... before the invasion...

wmd's no wmd's... minor blunder, useless to even mention it... Saddam himself was a wmd, he could do the same work with rifles and line ups that a bomb can do from a distance...

Not anticipating we would have to stay there and spend Trillions... because of Iran... and then just, sitting and making no decision in regards to Iran... is even worse, because, they are winning a war of Time...

Take action or Don't... loose the war or fight,

But we knew the Iranina s were after it... years ago and have done nothing so far to deal with it...

Other than waste money

Iran is the real blunder... a complete failure to access the region appropriately and how long we would be stuck there...

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

You should cite information that you copy from another website. It's obvious that you are not smart enough to know these things, so don't try to make it apparent that you do. Please.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr

So to say this doesnt mean anything your deluding yourself obviously you dont buy that much yellow cake unless you are planning weapons production.Hardly the same as bleach.

Ps Iran as at stage 2 they have the centrifuges and already producing UF6. And they are building th diffusion plant.

wait so you dont need to build a warhead that will detonate it correctly? i think its a bit more difficul then pour it in the end of a missle

then you need to mount that warhead on a device so you can launch it at the enemy so again

how long does yellow cake last? is this fresh stuff or old stuff

again did he have the facilities to convert yellow cake to usable weapon grade material?

did he have a warhead capabale of detonating it to make a nuclear explosion?

did he have a delivery system to launch it?

this could be old stock depending on teh shelf life of yellowcake, and yellow cake can be used not just for nuclear weapons cant it

cut the drama stick to facts, was he capable of using this for anything other then poisoning folk and making none effective dirty bombs in the state it was in? and did he have the facilities to take it beyond this measure

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   

wait so you dont need to build a warhead that will detonate it correctly? i think its a bit more difficul then pour it in the end of a missle

then you need to mount that warhead on a device so you can launch it at the enemy so again

how long does yellow cake last? is this fresh stuff or old stuff

again did he have the facilities to convert yellow cake to usable weapon grade material?

did he have a warhead capabale of detonating it to make a nuclear explosion?

did he have a delivery system to launch it?

this could be old stock depending on teh shelf life of yellowcake, and yellow cake can be used not just for nuclear weapons cant it

cut the drama stick to facts, was he capable of using this for anything other then poisoning folk and making none effective dirty bombs in the state it was in? and did he have the facilities to take it beyond this measure

Shelf life what do you think it is milk? wow that was silly any way you don't need a delivery method other than some fool that's willing to strap a nuke on his back. Again its not hard to make a bomb they have plans on the net refining it is the hard part and with money its not all that hard. As for other uses of yellow cake its either used to make refined uranium or by product spent uranium which has great armor piercing capabilities.

But if you think an oil rich nation was looking for more energy in the middle of an embargo and couldnt even feed his people thats all most laughable.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Shelf life what do you think it is milk? wow that was silly any way you don't need a delivery method other than some fool that's willing to strap a nuke on his back.

hmmm no shelf life

so this very well could have been old material left over from before the first gulf war where we destoryed his nbc weapon creation and storage facilities

i seriously have to question how easy it is to just make a nuke with some plans you found on limewire

if it was this easy then why were people smuggaling them in and out of other countires when all they needed was google ?

so we have possably very old material, again no working or even partially working detonation method and no goggle is a dream not reality of finding plans

no facilities to in anyway improve they yeild of said yellow cake to anything near weapon grade

and a backpack nuke is CONSIDERABLY harder to make then a bomb(easiest) missle warhead (second easiest) unless iraq's have a super human ablity to run around with a thousand pound nuke strapped to thier back

so how does this show the war was valid on the active WMD's ready to go?

a sidewinder missle is in no way dangerous(except stubbing your toe on) if it is sat on a runway with no launch or detonation systemn available ... and iraq's nukes are even less of a threat

again the only use this has in its current state is poisoning someone pullonium style, making a truley pathetic dirty bomb

maybe if there was a bunch of certafuges in the room nexxt door ready to go then you have the remotest hint of an argument

**scarry huh i can ask a silly question and as if by magic a sensible answer appears thats tells me what i need**

[edit on 22/10/08 by noobfun]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Thank you very much Whammy, you've know idea the hole in my heart that has begun to close and let the liberals rant as they always do desperate reaching for such far out excuses to hang on to every ounce of their mis-guided infatuation with saint Obama and their obsession for loving the hatred they won't ever admit they are wrong for about George Bush. I owe him at least that much of an Apology and the liberals I owe nothing but my loss of respect for their stubborness and sinful arrogance

You are truly a man of God someone who I know is welcome in the arms of Abrahams Bosom.

hee hee

Great stuff whammy
www.fdnylodd.com...

[edit on 22-10-2008 by MAINTAL]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by InSpiteOf

There are a lot of things that Bush did right, and he'll not get credit for them until much later. One thing about it, we haven't been hit since, and we've been stacking up an entire rack of Muslim fanatics.

The thing a lot of folks seem too dense to understand is that these ignorant yahoos will come to you. Where do you want them to come to? Syrian fanatics can walk across the border and fulfill Islam's second greatest pillar. Other countries close proximity encourage them to come and meet their Allah.

A wise warrior will meet them on terrain outside their own city.

And as far as vindication, if you're not from the United States, we really don't give a tinker's damn what you think about our President, what you like, don't like, or prefer. Complain about your own country. Take Canada for example, that's one screwed up mess!

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   

having uranium
making nuclear bombs
has nuclear weapons

Oh quit trying to make it less than it is by making it sound more than it is. Just consolidate the whole Idea and ask yourself would someone like Sadamm want to create a nuclear weapon when they knew Iran was trying to and they hated each other?

Here again you do the same thing YES it was Yellow cake and that is what the do with that and why the CIA was talking about yellow cake back then and yes all he needed at best was a "dirty bomb" to blow a hole 3 miles in circumference if he used just three suit case sized DB's

Tell you what slick, try buying a half ton of fertilzer and rent a uhaul and see if you don't get followed around a lot by black Roadmaster or Crown Vics, . you're silly sometimes guy, this is some big news if you stop and think about it. I guess that wouldn't bode well for your Atheist agenda Bush SR not considering them citizens and all like he said eh.

Something the size of a golf ball in lake Erie would take out everything for fifty miles or more from what I have read of that stuff

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   

hmmm no shelf life

Did you not read the article? Why would they be sending it to canada to fuel a NPP otherwise

i seriously have to question how easy it is to just make a nuke with some plans you found on limewire

More sarcasm? Or is that something you read in the article because I missed it if it was.

if it was this easy then why were people smuggaling them in and out of other countires when all they needed was google ?

so we have possably very old material, again no working or even partially working detonation method and no goggle is a dream not reality of finding plans

You haven't concluded it was old in the first place. Do you know what the half life is for uranium? 240,000 years for weapons strength and yellow cake isn't that far away from it.

no facilities to in anyway improve they yeild of said yellow cake to anything near weapon grade and a backpack nuke is CONSIDERABLY harder to make then a bomb(easiest) missle warhead (second easiest) unless iraq's have a super human ablity to run around with a thousand pound nuke strapped to thier back

Man you just don't get it but if ya got to dismiss this as nothing, you got the freedom to do it but I am sure glad we got that stuff out of there because with that much of it, and Iran ready to go at it with sadamm. No telling whose hands they could have been in but I trust Canada a hell of lot more than I do Iraq or even the UK these days.

so how does this show the war was valid on the active WMD's ready to go?

The war was valid without the damn wmd's just by the 71 UN violations but I guess you think we should have waited till they were on the precipice of nuking Israel or US?

a sidewinder missle is in no way dangerous(except stubbing your toe on) if it is sat on a runway with no launch or detonation systemn available ... and iraq's nukes are even less of a threat.

They are now and how in the hell do YOU know they didn't already have that worked out too since we didn't know they had the yellowcake?

This is ridiculous I am even talking to someone so worldly naive.

Dude Thank your lucky stars and get over it, the temptation alone to brag to the world dubya was right is impresses the hell out of me that he kept this under his hat.

**scarry huh i can ask a silly question and as if by magic a sensible answer appears thats tells me what i need**

Yeah, they are silly questions and the answers you simply just don't want to agree with regardless of their validity or potential for various other possible scenarios many would have had their wheels spinning to bring to fruition

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
And as far as vindication, if you're not from the United States, we really don't give a tinker's damn what you think about our President, what you like, don't like, or prefer. Complain about your own country. Take Canada for example, that's one screwed up mess!

I'm glad you speak for your whole country. Frankly, your Governments actions effect much of the worlds stability, and if I wish to voice my displeasure with those actions on a public forum, I will.

As for the topic at hand, Bushes policies have wreaked economic and social devastation in more than three countries and he and his party should be held accountable.

By the By, Canada may not be perfect, but at least we aren't evicting our citizens at record rates.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
As the article said the factory in Tuwaitha had old nuclear waste, reactors, and left over fuel from Operation Opera and the Gulf War. It had yellowcake that was under the supervision of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) that was, at the latest, dated 1991. Saddam had a French-made reactor in Tuwaitha in the 80s and people thought he was going to make weapons so we bombed the crap out of it along with Iran and Israel. How does that vindicate Bush when we stumble onto dated yellowcake that isn't even recent?

Wasn't the reason we went into the current war because we thought he was making weapons NOW? So stumbling on an old factory that had been bombed years ago isn't exactly "finding WMDs" unless of course you were grasping at straws.

[edit on 22-10-2008 by davion]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
reply to post by InSpiteOf

There are a lot of things that Bush did right, and he'll not get credit for them until much later. One thing about it, we haven't been hit since, and we've been stacking up an entire rack of Muslim fanatics.

No proof it was muslim fanatics
Em Bush went into Iraq what was that got to do with the Al CIAEDIA. Aka CIA......

The thing a lot of folks seem too dense to understand is that these ignorant yahoos will come to you. Where do you want them to come to? Syrian fanatics can walk across the border and fulfill Islam's second greatest pillar. Other countries close proximity encourage them to come and meet their Allah.

A wise warrior will meet them on terrain outside their own city.

What was that about
fanatics this and fanatics that, you sound alot like George Bush. Keep it up sir.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
All of the bits and pieces of Saddam's chemical and biological warfare equipment came from the United States to help Iraq fight against Iran.

550 metric tons of uranium? I'd like the link to this story. That's an awful lot of uranium, and I doubt Iraq had the capability to process uranium into the required plutonium.

In the mean time, Iraq's infrastructure has gone to hell and there's seemingly no way out for the United States to win this war or even the war in Afghanistan.

Seven years after the Afghan invasion, that country is back to producing 90% of the world's opium supply and flooding the warlord coffers with heroin money.

I understand that a minority of Americans don't like foreigners criticizing your president, and that you don't care if we make comment.

But I'll continue to make the point that Bush and his puppet masters have seriously screwed up your country.

And if you're happy to live with the delusion that he was good for the US while the rest of the world's 6 billion people sit back and gawk at your pigheaded ignorance, please, continue to do so.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join