It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flightless Bird American Mouth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I am posting in BTS so I hope this works as I don't understand the whole thing. But I wanted to post this amazing song by Sam Beam of Iron and Wine - absolutely beautiful and poignant.

Have we lost our American Mouth?

www.youtube.com...

ColoradoJens

[edit on 22-10-2008 by ColoradoJens]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

check it out for a nice break in your day. I realize the one line potential but I'm tossing it out again.

ColoradoJens

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Showing no shame, I throw this out again as I wonder if anyone else finds the lyrics poingnant to todays America. I understand Mr. Beem's look may fool you - wait till that voice opens up - amazing!

CJ

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
i find it amazing flightless bird perhaps taking on the symbolic bald eagle it sounds like a coming of age for a man from the 60s? he has to cut his hair to grow up so to speak and when he looks through his authority figures his peers when he looks thru their eyes they are blind to the happenings around them oblivious and unable to provide proper guidance the government is overly involved he grows older finding himself without purpose too fat n lazy too apathetic to care about the rats he's achieved the "american dream" or an empty shell of what it used to be. those that are alert take no action.
im very happy that someone has brought this realiztion to the forefront that we dont do half of what we're capable of. Beautiful song with insightful lyrics and a soothing melody i recommend it to anyone

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   
that's beautiful I love it ! I added it to my favs
I'll have to check out more of his songs yay a new artist to like!

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by invisiblewoman

Thanks for the comments annonATS and I'm glad you liked that one invisiblewoman. That dude has one amazing voice. Iron and Wine is great live.

CJ

new topics

top topics

join