It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large Triangle Craft Seen in Encino, CA skies 10/20/08

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Oscitate

There is an Army, Navy and i think Air Force RESERVE Base (ALL 3 individual) less than a couple miles from all areas of Encino, Calif, as well as a former top secret Decomissioned Ballistic Missle Silo which still has tons of activity (corner of Victory BLVD and the 405 freeway). All of these military installations are located on Victory Blvd, along the removed rail road lines (now busway) between White Oak Ave and the 405 Freeway. The railroad used to be support for all of the bases. Most are reserve and Armory duty now as well as repair support facilties for our current fighting forces (repair facility for Hummers and Heavy truck vehicles). There is no air vehicle travel to any of them in any way now (no runways etc.). All of these facilities, as well as the decomissioned Silo are in the Lake Balboa Park Facility. This aree isn't old, but has some amazing history.. Google it.
Although their are no military air craft support in any of these military sites, there is the Van Nuys Air Port About a mile from them. Over the years, we have seen every imaginable type of military craft land here, from jump jets, Stealth to the A-10 Warthog, most of the unusual aircraft come in when a public airshow is going on... Lately we have seen a lot of really low flying gunship/helicopters.. which is very unusual for this highly populated area. We have never seen anything which is so obviosly armed over this area... Besides the Presidents helicopters when he comes to town......
Being so close to the airport (not just this one, but 4 commercial airports including LAX and a couple private fields) it is not uncommon to see something unusual as old fighters and experimental planes buzzing the sky. But it is hard to see something that you could not identify as a plane.
For teh peron who mentioned it... Edwards AFB is about 70 miles away, although the shuttle shook our windows a few weeks back.. not much to do with our are in an LA Subberb.
I spotted something very unusual several weeks ago. Small, Round and looked to be silver. Stayed almost in place for a couple hours before I lost site of it. Judging from Contrails of military craft, it was MUCH (MUCH) higher. Very unusual, but since I have never seen one, I am explaining it as a daylight spotted star.
I have never spooted anything I could not explain, but I would love too!
Hope this helps explain some info..
Ed

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Hello all.

I've been searching for some place to share a sighting of three large brownish red lights flying north over Turlock Ca.

It was Saturday night 12- 20-2008

I couldn't tell what shape the craft was because it was so dark in the sky.

Those three red lights in a triangular configuration seemed very large and were the only lights I could see on it.

It flew no faster than a jet in my opinion. It must have been a bit lower in the sky then most jets fly because those lights were so large.

I've been a crew Chief in the USAF and I don't know what purpose large brownish red lights serve.

Anyway I thought to share. I'll bet that it's a military craft but, why no standard lighting?
No strobe lights like all the jets I know of have.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
I've been searching for some place to share a sighting of three large brownish red lights flying north over Turlock Ca. It was Saturday night 12- 20-2008 I couldn't tell what shape the craft was because it was so dark in the sky.

Those three red lights in a triangular configuration seemed very large and were the only lights I could see on it. It flew no faster than a jet in my opinion. It must have been a bit lower in the sky then most jets fly because those lights were so large. I've been a crew Chief in the USAF and I don't know what purpose large brownish red lights serve.

Hello,
Considering I was in that area (Modesto & Hughson) on the 19th, 20 and 21st, I would be very interested in hearing some more specifics concerning this observation. Is it possible for you to email at the address located below my avatar (on the left here of the post). Since you have been a crew chief in the USAF, you should be able to share information that many might not have factored in IE:

* Time
* Relative Altitude
* Distance from your POV
* First observed in the (East/West/North/South)
* Trajectory
* Relative size
* Weather Conditions
* Other Air traffic
* Strength/Lumens of the lights
* What drew your attention to it

That will work to start with, anything else that you can think of would also be appreciated.. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Johnny

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

I know what you want as for information. I didn't think to do the right things when I saw it. My bad.
I was having a laugh as I thought "I had just seen my first UFO."

I was enjoying a sit by my deck stove ( small wood stove ) and It was after 9 pm. What drew my attention was it was close to me relative to any other air traffic I have seen from my deck. I couldn't miss it as it moved into my peripheral sight

I had the impression by the distance between the red lights that it was triangular in shape and not as high up as normal air traffic should be. Mind ya it's my opinion it was a large craft. I have no reference for size or speed.
It was a dark night so no back light of the moon or stars that I remember.
Clear sky as I recall.

It was to the east of my pov heading north at a reasonable jet aircraft speed.

I first caught sight of it as it came into my view from behind my trees and it flew north. .

It was an instant connect because it seemed so close and well, large red lights in a triangular configuration .

I mean they seemed very large in diameter in relation to what I assumed must be the width and length of the craft. My perception I know but they seemed very large.

I can tell the difference between marker or formation lights and those brownish red lights. Those lights were much larger than formation or position lights and they had to be on the bottom of the craft from what I could tell.

What it reminded me of was LED type light. It didn't seem to be light bulb kind of light to me. Again my opinion but that's all I have to offer.

I apologize for not doing the right things by making a record of what I saw at that very moment I saw it. I hope others won't make the same mistake.
It would have been nice also to have had the video camera at the ready but who knew?

Thanks for allowing this to be shared.

Ernie_b

Feel free to contact me if I can be of more help. My email is recorded I assume.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join