It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large Triangle Craft Seen in Encino, CA skies 10/20/08

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Hi. Just found these forums.

I would like to relate what I saw Monday October 20, 2008.

Around 7:15 PM PDT, I was out on the balcony of my 2nd story apartment here in Encino, CA having a cigarette. Looking off to the southeast, I observed 6 to 10 dark red lights in a large triangle formation traveling at around the speed of a commercial jet from southeast to northwest. The lights were blinking strobe fashion.

Unfortunately I have a very large tree in front of my balcony so after about 30 seconds I lost sight of the object. Then, five minutes later ANOTHER one appeared in the exact location and approximate distance as my initial sighting. This second identical object followed the same path as the first, only this time it had one maybe two smaller objects following. I am uncertain as to whether the smaller objects were aircraft or not.

I did not get any photos or video of this unfortunately. I have spent the majority of the last 24 hours trying to find visual evidence similarto what I saw, somewhere on the net. I not only found some but the video is THE exact object I saw.

The video was shot by Diana Blackburn in November 2007 near Bakersfield, CA. Here is the google video link:

video.google.com...

I have been interested in UFO phoenomena for many years but could never say I saw something I couldnt explain. Now I can, and can also find evidence that others have seen the exact same object.

I read somewhere here I believe that some felt her video might have been staged. Well, from where I sit that video is real and seeing it after my experience sent chills down my spine.

If any of you live in southern cali, ask around and see if anyone near the Valley monday night saw anything in the sky as well. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   
if i'm reading this thread right, www.abovetopsecret.com... , the girl who shot that is a member of this site. some believe the video is a hoax.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Yes it appears that is the individual whose video I watched on youtube. I hope she reads this because I would be very interested in speaking directly.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
A few questions if you don't mind. (to corroborate and possibly link the type of sighting to others)

a) Do you mean a formation or a single large craft? Much like in Phoenix where officials claimed the lights were individual flares and many people contested this saying that the lights were all part of the same craft. (I know the title says Large craft, but you mention a formation, which leads me to think you are unsure, just wanted to know whether yu were or not
)

b) I'm aware there's a navy base in Encino of some sort, are there any Air Force baes near you?

That's all for now. Sounds like an interesting sighting. Pity about the lack of evidence. But beggars aren't choosers

[edit on 22-10-2008 by Oscitate]

[edit on 22-10-2008 by Oscitate]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Hi there. I'd be happy to answer these.

a) It was a large single craft, or they were (remember I saw two). When the second one appeared I ran in and grabbed some binoculars. It was a Delta wing body type similar to the B2 Spirit but this thing was enormous. Much too large to be a B2

b)The only base I am aware of is Vandenberg AFB farther north up the coast. The direction this was traveling would have put it a far cry from that area.

Hope this helps.

[edit on 22-10-2008 by Inistis]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I saw the same exact triangle shaped object over here in northern California around the same time of year. Same colors and all. The only difference is the one I saw was flying very low. I could see that it was made of a shiny metal. It followed me in my car on my way home in the back roads. It was around sun set. It was the strangest thing I have ever seen in my life. Thanks for the video.

[edit on 22-10-2008 by beyondtopsecret]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Beyond, what area were you near up there when you saw this and what time of the evening was it?

Oh and by the way, I just finished taking a look at google maps to see if I missed any bases and found something very interesting. If the two objects continued on their path northwest they would have eventually been very near the town of Bakersfield again.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I live in a very small town. The closest base is 100+ miles away from us. We rarely see any military planes/helicopters over here. It was around 8:00pm when it appeared. One thing I forgot to mention was that this craft made no noise. It looked like a kite gliding in the sky.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Update to my story:

Have spent another full day and into the night researching more about similar objects seen. Using the NUFORC.org database I am going through reports of triangular objects with strobing lights seen over the past two years in California.

There are surprisingly dozens. I am placing each account that matches mine into a spreadheet so I can at a later date attempt to put them into some interactive map. My hope is to somehow trace out a discernable flight pattern to this object.

One more intersting note:

The individual who queried me about existing air force bases in southern cal; I totally missed one that I now feel is the most significant:

Edwards AFB located in the Mojave desert approximately 150-200 miles from me almost due north. And guess who has a testing facility out there?

NASA-Dryden Flight Research Center. Below is the .gov link for this facility

www.nasa.gov...

This base is also direct due east of Bakersfield where Ms. Blackburn shot her video.

I'll have more on this as I get further down the path that I think this will take me.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I am a firm believer that the large triangle shaped craft, the ones that are as big as football pitches are ours i.e terrestrial. However, they were built with back engineered technology from UFO crashes. I believe that these craft can travel both in and out of our atmosphere. In fact I believe that they reside out of our atmosphere in and around space, they have an agenda but I don't know what it is though maybe project blue beam I am not sure. Time will tell.

Stranglely I have never heard of anyone being abducted by a triangular craft?

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
At this point I would not even begin to argue the origin of this object(s) technology. Being somewhat familiar with accounts of back-engineering I certainly think you can entertain this as a possibility.

But before I attempt to reach the top of the tree I'm planning to climb out on many of its lower limbs. The more I research this, the more I am firmly convinced that this has a very terrestrial explanation. I want to get that part of the mystery solved before moving on to even more.

BTW, someone has already done alot of the footwork here and gave this a name. They call it the California I-5 UFO Phenomenon. Ufoevidence.org I believe coined the phrase.

www.ufoevidence.org...

Addendum: Notice the date on this casefile. Well over two years before the Blackburn video.

[edit on 23-10-2008 by Inistis]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Might be a good opportunity to have a camp out near the base Inistis, might get the footage we've all been waiting for

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Interesting to be sure, but I wish that A) something would get caught on camera by someone with a steady hand, and an expert eye for camera work, and B) that some news crew would catch one on an HD capable cam. Sick of pixels. Hate pixels ... shouldnt have to watch blocks of colour. Its annoying.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
This topic has been discussed for about 1 year

Very informative existing thread here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I did not mean to make the topic about the Blackburn vid. I merely intended to point out her vid as a piece of possible visual evidence since I had none for my sighting.

I do have an interactive map now based on very similar sighting here in SoCal based on reports in the NUFORC.org database.

This map only represents a fraction of all the black triangle sightings I found from 2006-2008. I kinda suck at html but lets hope the little button shows up down here
If it does not then I will post it from a URL that I can host it from at a later date.

Edit----It seems I will have to host it somewhere. Until then, I will just note that from January 2006 to August 2008 I have recorded over 150 sightings that relate to my own.

I'll sign off this post for now and start a new one once I get the stuff up on the web somehow for folks to look at.

[edit on 24-10-2008 by Inistis]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Inistis, do some research on the stealth blimp, the air force had it on the drawing board in the early 80s. I would seem that they now have one or two of these at the base near you. I have seen the video and I don't know how anyone could think this is a hoax. The stealth blimp seems to be the most likely culprit. Chalk the recent Texas sighting up to the blimp as well. IMO.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Actually Pomp, this dog was already on that hunt
Excellent observation on your part. I like to rule out the most obvious explanation first and a lighter-than-air craft is what makes the most sense to me.

But being someone who was was into UFO phenomenon for years before I joined the ranks of witnesses, (some thirty-odd years), I ultimately will not rule out other possibilities. At least for now.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
There are parts of that video that seem unlikely for it to be terrestrial, most pointedly when it changes shape and expands. Thats not something you see even in advanced military projects.

I will tell you this.. to the OP there is nothing more exciting than finding a video that someone has managed to capture of something that you yourself have seen firsthand. It is almost as exciting as the first time you saw it. Just to know that hey! I'm not the only one that has seen this!
It's fabulous!

I hope you find more info on this.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I came one day too late. I drove my car through Encino one day earlier.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
couple of my fave quotes from the vid:
"That's SUCH a *BLEEP*ing UFO, dude"
(on the phone) "ya, we're trying to get abducted right now"
i lol'ed

Great vid, very interesting. I was at Vandenberg, AFB doing training for my job in the USAF in 2001. There was a flightline (very small one) that wasn't really used. I think I saw one C-130 roll off in the 3 months i was there. They do whats called "footshots" of missiles every now and then to test or launch satellites. I have seen civilian balloons floating outside the air space over the ocean to watch these launches. Nothing like a Zeppelin or Blimp though. Once again, great vid!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join