It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It is illegal to vote wearing an Obama tshirt

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I have been voting for twenty years, and the first time I voted here in Kentucky, I heard of the no electioneering law, because where I grew up in good ol boy county, laws like this were needed! All she had to do was take it off and turn it inside out.

Know the law folks, what a shame a vote might be wasted due to someone's tshirt!

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I find that her alone wearing the shirt would not be a big deal.

But if I went to an election site and seen 300 people with shirts for one side or the other it would be intimidating and it may scare someone into voting another way or not voting at all.

"Here to vote today brother? but where is your shirt?"

We could look at it like it is just one handicapped lady let it slide. But people getting special exceptions to laws is one of the reason we left Europe anyways isn't it? So lets not open that can of worms again.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
It is against the law, I don't care which candidate you support (in most states) campaigning within 100 ft (sometimes more) of the polling place. I live in Georgia and it is the same way. I will say though they seem pretty selective about the signs they "overlook"
around the polling place where I vote and drive by every day. While there are people from both parties that must have paced off the legal distance and placed signs right on the line. There have been signs for republican local office candidates regularly placed right out in front of the place that stay there all day sometimes. This was regular during early voting. It seems like they are doing a better job or there are people who know the laws and remove them as it gets closer to election day.

<< 1   >>

join