It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army scientists 'deployed in UK'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
hello

ive justfound this and im not sure what to make of it...shouldnt they tell us what they are doing or have been doing?

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by alienesque

Its Britains version of what America is doing, as in scaremongering people to fear bio-terrorism. All aimed at making people give up liberties and rights without a fight.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
So they tell you they have been deployed..then say repeatedly.. then go totally off subject when asked why and what for...weird sounds like america's gov's secret sessions ...

we cant answer this or that in this manner/ aka wait till the press is gone then we will tell you.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I expect they deploy when there is a suspicion of any possible hazmat/terrorist situation. They could even be deployed for training.

I'm sure this has been happening for years. There is also no hint in the story that the deployment of these teams has increased recently at all.

Business as usual....

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Its called planting a seed, designed to make you aware of something and let your fear take over.

Is it just a coincidence American officials mentioned the same thing? it told you what the scientists field is even.

Ask yourself this, at the time the MP's were being told, did there just happen to be a reporter on scene to report this? or did MP's release this information for a particular reason?

[edit on 21-10-2008 by Horus12]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
This sounds to me like a normal, reporting to Parliament scenario, These things happen whenever a question is asked high up in the Government, and I'm certain someone can back this up.

Its the way the British Government works out kinks, and ensures readiness in case of a major incident, its no good reacting after the event, and with the history of terrorist activity here in the UK, it seems to work pretty well.

Basically, the person in charge of all the logistics and manpower has to know who does what when and where, who to call, what needs to be readied, and what actions need to be taken, and all this has to be co-ordinated, and action taken before the Cobra team even meet.

Its called good planning and disaster management, and is perfectly normal most of the time, thousands of people are involved, who then manage their own small part of the bigger picture, Scientist from all branches are involved at a lower level, but all are well trained and are well drilled as to what their rolls would be in certain events.

Similar to what happened after 9/11, with all the emergency drills that took place in different cities and different scenarios, making sure everything that wasn't there when the WTC fell, with this planning things like the Police and Fire, Paramedics, and anyone else who matters, won't be caught out again.

I promise this is normal procedure and not a scare tactic of any kind, we don't do scare tactics in the UK, they have a habit of backfiring, and cause bigger problems, preparedness at its best by the best, thats the goal.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

You are completely correct there are no scare tactics no dark forces, just ordinary people trying to do a good job :-)

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

I think mostly this is correct. There are elements of the secrecy that are bothering . Of course, some of the "mock scenarios" must be run in secrecy, but surely not all. And why don't Britains' Ministers know how many there are and what their capabilities are? Seems a little over the top not to inform your own government of your capabilities in times of crisis. Who is it then that controls and oversees these units?

ColoradoJens

new topics

top topics

join