It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prof: 'Taser-proof vests put cops in danger'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal
Now they want to give the police/military forces lasers and sound weapons to use on civilians.

Wait until they start solving problems using a form of rapid induction hypnosis. A specialized sound or action that places the subject in an immediate submissive/suggestive state.

The thought police...not for condemning your thoughts...but for the cessation of them for a limited amount of time.

You think I'm exaggerating...

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kwapp

IMO these things out to be sold to old women and pregnant women and children under 10 as that is who the nazi-like military trained police/military forces use them on most.

Wow that's the most retarded statement I think I've heard this month.

These devices are deadly in some cases, dangerous in most

Drinking water can be dangerous too.

Speaking of dumb statements

If you think that is a fair comparison then you have not been paying attention.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
All I can say is LOL. Seriously, you carry tasers in place of pepper spray or a baton. then you taser people willy nilly because it is more easier then talking to them, trying to reason with them, looking at the situation from their point of view.

Now someone invents a way to protect against the tasers, they somehow twist it round to make the public the bad guys. Make assumptions that people will begin to taser police in the head/neck... Just how many stories have you read about a cop getting tasered full stop?

Since tasers are exotic and expensive, a real criminal would go for a gun over one any day, it is more effective, scares and intimidates easily, not to mention the street cred is higher by a million times.

Also the point of body armour and stab proof vests is also valid, what is to stop someone aiming for the head/neck in either situation?

The media is just looking to ban and outlaw the ownership of any taser/stun products by civilians, just as they are looking to outlaw firearms. Think outside the box people, there is always an adgenda.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saf85
All I can say is LOL. Seriously, you carry tasers in place of pepper spray or a baton. then you taser people willy nilly because it is more easier then talking to them, trying to reason with them, looking at the situation from their point of view.

Yeah, because all people cops deal with are reasonable and calm and actually let the cops do that.

Is this you, Saf85?

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Kwapp

Umm no I do not stutter

Anyway that cop was an ass with the way he handled that, also talking like a condecending prick.

The cop is typical lazy ass cop, he makes no attempt to calm the guy down, diffuse and take control of the situation, expalin anything (other than the obvious mail in procedure on the back of the ticket...). He just lets the guy hurl verbal abuse at him, happy and content for the situation to escalate. Maybe he was taking pleasure in knowing he is causing the guy emotional distress, sounded it at the end of the video lol.

Anyway I am not painting all cops with the same brush, I have encountered many nice cops before (heck once they let me off for speeding over 90mph, mainly because they had no hard proof or anything on the car camera to prove I was doing that much lol. They just happened to be parked up in a carpark opposite a round about, see me come towards the round about really fast, break hard and the nose dip down on the car, pulled me cos they though I may have stole the car since it was 2am, let me go with a warning rofl).

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Oscitate

The issue is that a lot of cops(not all) are sadistic bastards who get off on causing pain. They think they are above the law. I was present when 3 cops, weighing a total of at least 700 pounds tased a schizophrenic man who was out of control. (I tried to stop it, but I was told to leave the room. They were going to "talk" to him. Five seconds after the door was closed, the man was tased.) It would have been a simple matter to physically restrain this man, place him in handcuffs, and allow the nurses to medicate him. (Yes this man was a patient on a psych ward, and the police were called before I arrived.)
As God is my witness, if I am ever in that situation again, they will not get near a patient with a taser, a handgun, or a nightstick.
(No one in their right mind would get near a mental patient while carrying a handgun. You put everyone in danger. When I suggested they place their weapons in lockup, they just sneered and said no way.) Like I said, they are sadistic, cocky bastards, who are too lazy to really do the job.
Want to know why they tased him? They said he spit on them, which constitued assault.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by kettlebellysmith
The issue is that a lot of cops(not all) are sadistic bastards who get off on causing pain. They think they are above the law.

It's called pain compliance. Pain is a basic human instinct. Even the dumbest of people who do not cooperate know that PAIN BAD. PAIN BAD.

When dealing with someone who is resisting arrest, or won't cooperate, pain is the only way to get them under control. That, or shooting them dead until they drop to the ground motionless (maybe flop around a bit like a fish.) That is the other way to get them to cooperate.

What do you think, that we can just ask people to cooperate "pretty please with sugar on top"?

You need to step outside and experience the real world sugar, LOL.

To be honest, I doubt there's many cops that actually want to cause pain. We would much rather everyone just cooperate with us and save us a LOT of stress. But the majority of people we are dealing with aren't the sharpest tools in the shed any way. (After all, smart people usually don't go around committing crimes to begin with, since anyone that has a decent level of logic knows that CRIMES BAD. CRIMES, BAD.).

I was present when 3 cops, weighing a total of at least 700 pounds tased a schizophrenic man who was out of control. (I tried to stop it, but I was told to leave the room. They were going to "talk" to him. Five seconds after the door was closed, the man was tased.)

The only thing bad about the taser is the vast majority of the American public misunderstand it and how it works.

Ask just about any one on the street, and they will describe the taser as Dr. Evil's death ray which will fry you to a crisp while your hair sizzles and your eyes bleed.

It's fear, very unsubstantiated fear. People fear what they don't understand, it's basic, primitive human intellect. And most people don't understand the taser. It's really sad, because the taser is an EXCELLENT tool which has made the world a much better place and has literally saved millions of lives since it's use, but because people misunderstand it, it might actually be banned one day, and we will go back to more primitive ways of dealing with criminals. Sad.

When you shoot someone with the taser, two little tiny darts stick into the person's flesh. It feels like a pin prick. Then, comes the electricity, which locks your muscles up and doesn't allow you to move at all. This is why the taser is so good, we can taze someone and very safely get them under control without causing them any pain or injuries.

What's so bad about that?

The other option is going back to more primitive ways of getting someone under control, like the nightstick. Do you know how we use nightsticks? We use it to quite literally break someone's kneecaps into a million pieces. That is how it is used. Is that what you want?

Here is a video of a judge willingly getting tased in a court case against the PD (criminal was suing the PD for the taser use, so the judge volunteered to get tased to see who he should side with).

That's not so bad, is it?

It would have been a simple matter to physically restrain this man, place him in handcuffs, and allow the nurses to medicate him. (Yes this man was a patient on a psych ward, and the police were called before I arrived.)

It's easy to be an armchair quarterback. I'm sure if it was "so easy" to physically restrain him, why wouldn't they have just taken the easy solution instead of making more work for themselves?

You underestimate how determined a mental patient can be. If there's a will, there's a way...

[edit on 22-10-2008 by Kwapp]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join