It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did 'Family Guy' Go Too Far With Nazi 'McCain' Pin?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by hikix

I saw it, brought a smile to my face for the sheer audacity. But I believe that as long as they want to act like fascists then they should be reminded of what happens when a society like ours falls hook, line, and sinker for the philosophy that has brought us to World War twice so far, the reasons which are not as solid and concrete as we are taught to believe. Nor as polarized as advertised. At least not on a business level. Just ask Prescott Bush. They may not be Nazis yet. But boy are they good at it so far.

[edit on 20-10-2008 by projectvxn]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I know for a fact I've heard Obama likened to Stalin, Hitler, and other fascist leaders. They can all cry me a river. At least when Family Guy did it, it was for a comedy show.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
didnt see the episode, but i doubt it went as far as it should have... i mean, mccain IS responsible for a genocide of peoples [he authored the 1974 resettlement act]... but he is much worse than the nazis... he enslaves and eradicates people without the public realizing... at least people understand that the nazis are evil...

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I've watched Family guy for years and have always loved it. That being said, I thought this was a pretty tasteless jab. It wasn't even a joke. A joke has some truth to it and I just don't see why a Nazi would be for John McCain.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marcus Calpurnius
I've watched Family guy for years and have always loved it. That being said, I thought this was a pretty tasteless jab. It wasn't even a joke. A joke has some truth to it and I just don't see why a Nazi would be for John McCain.

since when do jokes need truth to them?

a jokes is anything that is outside the norm.
ex.
a man walks into a bar sits down and drinks. normal and not funny

a man walks into a bar get tackled by a midget who procedes to beat him until pulled the midget is pulled off by a giant in a santa suit. the giant says "sorry he gets angry around christmas time". the beaten man is confused about the beating and even more because it is march.

did this ever happen? probably not. but it was still funny (well to me it was). comedy is comedy jsut dont think about it too much and laugh. and IMHO i think that nazis would vote for maccain because obama is black and therefore "inferior" accoriding to their aryan philioshpy.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Hang on.

Fox news is stirring up controversy over... a Fox network show.

Is this news or advertising?

I watched it the other night (I love the internet.) and found the whole episode rather tame, really. The Surfin' Bird gag in the last one just about killed me tho...

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
For those that missed it, it's available at fox.com. I thought it was quite funny, and for anyone to get upset about a 2 second gag really needs untie that knot in their a--hole. The histerical thing is that FOX news is all up in arms about a show that aired on FOX!!! That's like MSNBC getting all pissy about something on an episode of Knight Rider!!!

And the winner of this weeks 'Get Over Yourself Award' goes to....

FOX News!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

If you want laughs then Family Guy is ok, but if you are looking to it for political guidance or responsible social commentary you will be sorely disappointed.

I think that's the real issue here. How much genuine influence does a programme like this actually have. Yes, it contains political satire but "guidance"? If Obama gets in and Family Guy is still being made in a year or two's time (I'm not saying those two possible scenarios are connected!), then see how Obama is depicted. If, as political satire, the show is worth its salt, then Obama is going to get lampooned/ridiculed also. That's the measure of good political satire. If it doesn't step-up to the government figures - whoever is in office - then it's bad political satire, and people shouldn't be losing any sleep over bad political satire.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 05:19 AM
link   
You really get a feel for what people see while you read a thread like this.

One poster hit the nail on the head, if you find it offensive, then you don't watch the show, I thought Peter Griffins creation of a scare Jew a lot more shocking, not shocking in a bad way, shocking that the show gets away with some of this stuff, without more controversy.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

files.abovetopsecret.com...

I can't ever imagine anything in a show such as this being offensive, if you can't laugh at yourself, then you shouldn't be watching as far as I am concerned, thats why there are more than 1 channel to watch, it's easy if you don't like then don't watch, finding it offensive, IMO is just an excuse to have a whine.

This show has a go at all walks of life, points out the obvious, and to be honest, without a hint of truth it just wouldn't be funny would it? as the saying goes, if the shoe fits.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
If you don't like the show don't watch it? I personally love Family Guy. And who cares if Seth is a nice man? Does it matter? And what's all the BS about people and Nazism? So they are elitist...so they are racist...I could come up with two horrible things about any group. People need to grow up and realize we have humor for a reason not just so we can decide who should be allowed to say what. My two cents.

BTW I didn't read all of the comments so if I'm mentioning things previously mentioned my apologies.

[edit on 22-10-2008 by MrDudle]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
What? THIS is offensive? Wait, what? In one episode a 16 year old girl is being buried. "She is leaving the world as pure as she came into it." The Quagmire bursts out of the casket and side steps off the stage. "Gigidy gigidy gigidy." Or the "Qaugmire isn't there an O in country?" And just about evert other part of Family Guy. Get over it republicans. Your Senator Prescott Bush gave Hitler MILLIONS during WWII. So having another Republican Senator associated with NAZIs is not that big a deal.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Did 'Family Guy' Go Too Far With Nazi 'McCain' Pin?

It's a cartoon, it just can't "go too far".

People who are offended by this, imho are extremists and they should get a working brain an a sense of humor.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I have the same stance that it is impossible for something on TV to go too far. If you don't like it, don't watch it.

I happen to not be able to stand almost everything on TV nowadays since it's all politically motivated, sexist, bullsh*t devoid of all intellect for the most part. it's all total crap designed to keep dumb people even dumber and occupied...as long as they pay their 100 dollars a month.

I don't watch it. That's how you don't get annoyed by something that bothers you. you keep away from it, or you keep it away from you.

There are times I want to punch someone in the mouth for what they say, but then I am reminded that regardless of what these bastards try to do to our constitution that as an American I am obligated to respect freedom of speech.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by hikix

Fox News is upset!!!! Their poster-boy Mcain has been attacked by a cartoon! I personally think its funny, but I dunno how this will impact the impressionable minds of Fox News Viewers.

There isn't really all that much to say, but this is a top news story on the Foxnews.com website. I would think that there are other news-worthy stories that deserve to be on the front page.

Has anyone seen this show.. if so what is your opinion?

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

I saw the clip; I AGREE TOTALLY. Bush, Cheney, Bush Sr., the "GOP" most places in the US with FEW exceptions ARE THE PARTY OF ADOLF HITLER. I said it and won't stop. IF you knew the truth, you'd see it too.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I love Family Guy, good for them - though I think they picked the wrong party.
Wait till the Simpsons Halloween special comes out - there's a scene where homer pushes the button to vote for Obama and it switches to McCain .. then he gets dragged away by the machine and says something like this wouldn't happen in america but maybe in Ohio.
I've only seen a little bit of it, it's a hoot.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join