It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did 'Family Guy' Go Too Far With Nazi 'McCain' Pin?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Did 'Family Guy' Go Too Far With Nazi 'McCain' Pin?

www.foxnews.com

The animated sitcom 'Family Guy' is no stranger to controversy, but on Sunday night the show went into uncharted territory as it seemed to weigh in on the presidential race by likening the McCain/Palin ticket to the Nazi party in World War II
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Fox News is upset!!!! Their poster-boy Mcain has been attacked by a cartoon! I personally think its funny, but I dunno how this will impact the impressionable minds of Fox News Viewers.

There isn't really all that much to say, but this is a top news story on the Foxnews.com website. I would think that there are other news-worthy stories that deserve to be on the front page.

Has anyone seen this show.. if so what is your opinion?

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
lmao i found that hilarious. family guy always pushes the envelope and if it was nazis with pins that offended you then these people obviously havent watched any other episodes.

Stewie (to one of the prostitutes at Cleveland's house): So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway

Quagmire: Hey there sweetie, how old are you?
Connie: 16.
Quagmire: 18? You're first.
Connie: Mom!
Quagmire: I like where this is goin'! Giggidy, giggidy, gig-gi-dy!

jsut a small portion

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I have been a fan of this show since it first began and I can tell you with complete certainty that this isnt even close to the worst thing the writers of this show have done...not by a long shot.

Four words......greased up deaf guy

(not the worst either..but one of the funniest)

Nuff said

[edit on 10/20/08 by BlackOps719]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Everytime family guy slips in its ratings they come up with one of these about some controversial subject.

Political correctness anyone?:p

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I am personally a 'South Park' guy myself... but Family Guy def has it's moments. I hope they replay this episode cus i forgot to record it

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by xoxo stacie
Everytime family guy slips in its ratings they come up with one of these about some controversial subject.

Political correctness anyone?:p

The words "Family Guy" and "Slips in its ratings" don't belong in the same sentence, at least not anymore.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I guess the RAF should be upset too since the show implied also that the RAF was composed of closeted homosexuals.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I think it was top notch!

The McCain camp won't be too happy about it and to be fair, could you blame them.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
I am personally a 'South Park' guy myself... but Family Guy def has it's moments. I hope they replay this episode cus i forgot to record it

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
The First Rule Of Family Guy...

...is Family Guy never goes far enough.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
i have it recorded and can't wait to watch it. thanks for the short clip though. i personally think they may have some motive behind it, but its just basicly for fun.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Harmless fun.......Until they depict Obama as a black panther or god forbid a terrorist, THEN it will become an issue.

[edit on 20-10-2008 by ExistenceUnknown]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Did anybody notice Stewies voice is dubbed over? It doesn't sound like Stewie at all, it sounds like someone trying to sound like Stewie. I wonder if they changed the script at the last minute...?

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Personally I don't think Family Guy is all that funny. It got old pretty quickly. On a side note Seth MccFarlane is not a nice guy, quite a jerk.

I don't see the big deal though, its just tv show. Its make fun of everybody. They just do stuff like this to get people to talk about the show. controversy pumps up ratings.

[edit on 20-10-2008 by drock905]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
As soon as I saw the episode had Nazis in it I expected there to be a jab at McCain or Palin or both. It's a tired and predictable easy out for comedians and writers that seems to coax out reluctant laughs almost by a sense of obligation on the part of the viewer. Especially when political in nature. When I saw it the first reaction I had was that these Nazi comparisons for just about anything other than genocide are getting tired and have long lost their value. The second reaction was disappointment in that I was expecting a smarter joke. Even a gun-crazed Palin in one of the fighter planes missing her would-be target because she was too busy gunning for cutesy woodland creatures down below would have been both more funny and more intelligent. I know I was watching Family Guy. My expectations were way too high.

I like Family Guy for what it has done to South Park. Family Guys formula of offense-nostalgic reference-offense-song-nostalgic reference has made South Park seem infinitely more intelligent and thought out which quite often it genuinely is. I was happy when Fox brought the show back but halfway into the first "back from cancellation" season I knew in my heart it was better off canceled. At least then I could have the fond memories of when I thought it was entertaining.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I have the family guy star wars special dvd and on the back of the imperial cruiser in the movie there is a big Bush/Cheney flag.

That was funny as hell.

So I am not shocked by this.

Family guy is great fun to watch.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I love Stewey!!!! I live and breathe for that show. Its my highlight of the day!!!!

I'm a HUGE Stewey and Rupert fan, yes i am!!!

Calm down, they have also ripped into Hillary Clinton, Bill, and many others!!!

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
oh god it was hilarious, anyone who finds a mccain/palin button on a nazi's shirt offensive should start looking into the past few hundred years of American politics and the governments involvement with numerous unspeakable acts.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Matter of fact they had an entire episode in which Bill Clinton sleeps with Lois, then Clinton and Peter become friends, end up going out and getting really high, getting the munchies and then trying to catch a pig to eat raw.

If you want laughs then Family Guy is ok, but if you are looking to it for political guidance or responsible social commentary you will be sorely disappointed.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join