It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War With Iran - After Obama or During McCain?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
So what do you think?

After Obama wins the election, but before the inauguration?
Or during first few months of McCain term?

It's inevitable.

Even though I did see positive signs that the West wants to help Iran set up nuclear power, under the Wests watchful eye..

But with Russia's helping hand in it all, I'm sure it won't fly..

I am worried, but just wondering how soon this will happen.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I think war with Iran is inevitable. It won't be started by the US, but it will be started by Israel. The president is going to have to put America up to back Israel.

When it comes to issues like this there is absolutely no difference between the D's and R's. This is one of the situations that Biden was talking about earlier.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by xbranscombex

I'm worried about the situation too. I really dont know what our actions should be. I fear that helping Israel will doom us as a country...as our hated rivals will hate us even more. On the other hand...heck...i really don't know. Whatever happens...it's going to be bad. I think everyone can agree that eventually something is going to have to happen. They are never going to suddenly be buddies and friends.

Maybe there is a grand scheme to it all...that government insiders know about...but won't tell. Bidens strange remarks about Obama certainly helps raise that question.

It's alot to think about. Most of the world is tied together financially..but smaller countries being blown to bits wouldn't have as strong of an impact compared to if the major powers of the world (US, China, Russia) were in the fray.

So much going on in the world...it's mindboggling to try to see a way out of the turmoil that is happening here and all around us.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
So you're saying war with Iran is inevitable then, Obama would just give them 8 years to finish their nuclear program?

Do you seriously think that Obama will be making the decisions when he's president.

Agenda setters like George Soros will be running the good ship USS America. Obama will just be wheeled out for foreign dignitary visits and public speeches.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
my biggest fear is that the whole thing is set up for an 'event' to take place, either after Obama is "elected", or after he takes office.. Biden's announcement is propaganda for the public to think it will be 'terrorists'..

.. then, the kicker: a nuclear attack (of their own design, possibly in Los Angeles), blamed on the Middle East, which will prompt public outrage and the true beginnings of WWIII by nuking Iran; Martial law and and potential Chinese takeover on our mainland, as our economic system would be then be completely down the toilet..

again, this is my worst-case scenario fear -- I certainly hope and pray it doesn't go down that way; 911, the Katrina fiasco, and the ridiculocity in Iraq have all been 'tests' for this; these events simply didn't ignite enough outrage among the American masses, therefore the powers will feel confident to follow thru with their 'final solution', killing millions of us and financially raping the rest of us into squallor..

it's such a helpless feeling: what do we do? what can we do?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I disagree. I don't think war between the U.S. and Iran is inevitable. Iran plays an excellent and cleaver game of cat-and-mouse, and yet I'm fairly certain the rulers there have discerned exactly how far to push, how to put off the IAEA, how to play the game. I'm fairly certain Iran doesn't want to be bombed by anyone. I think they will continue to dance the nuclear foxtrot and continue to verbally count coup on nations they perceive as their enemies. All the global players know that to make an offensive against Iran is to begin the third world war. That is why Iran has conducted negotiations with Russia, China, North Korea, and a myriad of other nations. They play the game supremely, and I have to give them props for that.

Also, once Iran has nuclear weapons, that doesn't mean they will suddenly go on the offensive. That just makes them part of the nuclear club, still not necessarily a player. They are vulnerable now, and so they strut and bluff, and world opinion holds nations in check. It's currently a win-win for Iran. Thus, you can discount (IMO) any "new" items that claim that Iran is planning to attack anyone. No, they can only survive if they are the attacked one, the victim.

I wish the U.S. and other countries would adopt a seperatist stance. It would mean trouble for much of the rest of the world, but, oh well. I think there is a slim chance that if everybody has the toys of thermonuclear distruction, then perhaps, maybe, just maybe, they might not be used.

I'd feel better about that if I were certain that Iran's President weren't looking forward to armageddon.

So, I don't think it's a done deal. I think the ball, however, is completely in Iran's court. If they continue to play the game well, no war.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by xbranscombex
It's inevitable.

I don't understand how you phrased the question but I agree with your statement 'it's inevitable' because we are ALREADY at war with Iran. We are at war with them, by proxy, in Iraq.

top topics

join