It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creative Ways To Make Money?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I was just curious, what type of creative ways have you all come up with to make money? I've researched SO many home business's in the last several months and it seems like they're all scams. Which is really sad.

So I'm curious what other ways a person could make money in this fading economy..

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

First, get rid of ALL mutual funds. You can get much higher rates of returns on commodities (silver, gold, oil) and rental real estate.

Also, this 700 billion dollar bail out has provided us savvy investors with the opportunity of a life time. I'd say that within a month, you're going to be able to buy bad loans from the banks for pennies on the dollar.

Of course, there no such thing as a 'guaranteed to get rich quick' scheme. It's impossible. People that offer these programs are offering them so that they can get rick quick off the suckers that pay them.

It all boils down to education aka, financial literacy. How many of you know how to read a financial statement? Exactly. A good place to start, just as I did, was with Robert Kiyosaki's books.

I started with the book 'Rich Dad Poor Dad', and after thousands of dollars spent on furthering my education (not just with his programs mind you), I now command a multi-million dollar real estate portfolio all around the country. The best part is, I've spent barely any of my own money on my investments. Behold the awesome power of education and leverage. Good learning.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
well creative to me sounds awfully like illegal.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Have you ever researched running your own business from home?
Do you have a hobby that could make you money?
Are there classes you could take to learn a skill or trade?
Is there a need where you live, for a product or service that you could supply?
I took a business course 10 years ago..and I just now found what I want to do. It's been a long process for me.
I realized that I don't work well for other people..I like to be boss.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
lol I don't think I work really great for bosses either. I mean, I do okay. I am a great team player and all that, but so many things factor in that bother me. Not having enough time with my daughters is a big one.

Great ideas though. I have looked into a lot of the home based things. Most of them like to do the whole, "Try Our 30 Trial And You'll Be Amazed!" and then they say in addition to the start up fee, if you're willing to pay $299 for the lists, you'll do better, another $2000 for a supervisor position, and so forth. All scams. I hate it. I know there is tons of money out there just waiting to be claimed. I want to be in the middle of it! ha ha

So what else? I know there are some awesome ideas floating in the heads of the people here. I don't want to take them, I just want some starting points for myself. I'm not saying give up your invention ideas of course. lol

And Mr. Tesla... lol It's not illegal. It's taking advantage of the free market in America. And btw.. you should have a lot of amazing ideas since you're a Tesla fan. lol

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
LOL

I check for home businesses all the time. Whatever you do, stay away from 'THE RICH JERK'.

Its sooooo darned convincing to join up for a mere $10, how can one not take the chance??? He reassures you you pay the 10 and he will give you a business that will have you rolling in dough. So i paid the $ and then you are referred to another website which tells you that in order to receive shipment of this HUGE OPPORTUNITY, you have to send $175.00
and become part of this club.

THE BIG JERK INDEED.:shk:

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I have a website that I recommend to many people that I speak with who ask if there are any work-at home positions that I know about. I am a recruiter - so my job is finding other people jobs. I was also a 'virtual' recruiter for many years (which is working from home).

The site has telecommuting/work from home jobs of all types - and so far appears to help some people. I assure you - it is not a scam nor am I trying to scam anyone. I have used this site myself to find freelance writing jobs.

Work From Home

And my recommendation to anyone trying to work at home is:

1) Do your homework on any companies offering such things (check BBB, Google them, Search for complaints against the company...etc).

2) Do not expect to make $$ for doing nothing.

3) Have some skills that are required by the company for the position they are offering (i.e - technical writer position - have tech writer skills; customer support - have alot of customer support background - like a major call center or vendor or national/intl firm...etc). You cannot expect to get a job (of any kind) without at least meeting the company/opportunity half way.
If you've been a baker all of your employment life... you (most likely) will not get that job as a medical transcriber.

If you go into this work at home option prepared to work - you will find the right places and opportunities.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I don't like working for other people either. Most jobs that I've had, I always work my way up, so I can be in charge, or I go over the bosses head, cuz they're a big idiot. I've worked from home ~so to speak~ for about 12 years now. I have had a couple of outside jobs during that time in order to keep the $$$ flowing. The first time that I decided to do something on my own, I put an ad in the paper to do housekeeping & miscellaneous domestic duties. I did pretty well with that, but it got old. I've delivered phone books a few times - Easy work - decent pay. I very briefly tried to be a phone sex operator, but it REALLY creeped me out. I've sold stuff on Ebay & other sites, but it's really hard to make a significant amount of money unless you're a BIG seller. Right now, I do mystery shops, audits, & merchandising (as an independent contractor). It took me a while to find legitimate companies though. I am getting a little tired of it. Many companies are paying less for more work.

I bore very easily. I wish that I could just get a different job every week. I'd settle for every month. Someday I plan to win the lottery. I guess I better start playing.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
See, the thing that boggles my mind is when I watch those stupid infomercials late night on tv. All these people showing off their millions they got from ideas that just "popped up". The twisted part is that while I know that's not the entire truth, I know there is some truth to it.

Within our minds lie the ability to do so much. To be so much. To gain greatness, and even to purposefully lose it. We are amazing creatures with a lot of intelligence we can put to use. Be it for good or bad.

So with this in mind... why is so much of the wealth in this world, owned by such a small amount of people? Why aren't the rest of us creating amazing things, and doing amazing things? I've wondered if there is merit to the Law of Attraction. Is that the answer we're searching for? Just think positive all the time, and suddenly checks will start "popping up"? Guess it's worth a try...

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
My first business was a service business. Have cards printed and walk into almost any Real Estate office and ask for the property mgr.

Ask the PM if they have any vacant props that need cleaning, painted, screen doors fixed, any repairs. Go to small RE outfits because they more than likely won't have their own crew.

Be prepared to go to work. You can worry about your handyman license later.

Good luck! The entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well in America!!
Anyone that's not afraid to get their hands dirty can make a LOT of money.

[edit on 23-10-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
whaaa,

Wow.. that's a really great idea. I am not so mechanically inclined, but I have tons of friends who are, and who that info could really help out. Thanks a ton!!

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

My pleasure ET. This gig will truly surprise you. In one year my partner and I had a crew of 6, a secretary and an office.

One doesn't have to be very mechanically inclined to paint. That is what you will be called on to do mostly.

A word of warning, from experience, don't have your crew have to call you at the bar. We destroyed a 250K a year business. Sometimes it's dangerous when poor boys make to much money, to fast. Good Luck with whatever endeavor you decide on.

[edit on 23-10-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
lol.. I can see why that would have a downside. The amazing thing is that my family is great at those type of things. And we all love to do remodeling and so forth. I couldn't work on the appliances, but my family can lay carpet, paint, install things, etc. Seriously.. that's an amazing idea and I'm actually surprised I didn't think of it sooner. lol

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Well, I've done some more research on this subject, and I've come across some very interesting ideas. I found a woman named Maria Andros, not sure if any of you have heard about her, but she's termed herself, "The Video Marketing Queen." Regardless of if what she's selling is something interesting... she has some amazing ideas.

Using the power of video, she puts her "market" out, and it gets way more responses than just having a simple website. I did some research and YouTube is up nearly 31% from a year ago. People are more visual and will watch a video before they will read an entire website. (unless you're from ATS, in which reading is awesome!) lol

Either way, I'm going to start implementing this into my ideas. I'll let you all know how it works. She uses a combination of YouTube, Myspace, Facebook, and even Twitter. Get's her name and ideas out there. So I strongly recommend anyone who wants to make some good money, start putting your ideas onto video, and using the other pages mentioned.

Good luck.. and if anyone has any other ideas.. feel free to share!

top topics

join