It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantis = Gods of the Sumerians?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

hahaha thats easy - first of all we're constantly finding pyramids around the world so thats our civilisation saying they were there already.

of ancient civilisations saying they were already there? i've read that in so many books over the years - alot of the south american pyramids were supposed to be there already as well as the ggantija temples in gozo/malta islands and even the pyramids of egypt are some reports of them being there and even being built by enoch.
en.wikipedia.org...

and these are just mysterious pyramids and temples all around the world that no one knows for sure what they were really meant for.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

sorry for late reply i've been away

yes, i've also seen some lame attempts to cut these rocks and they were useless just cutting the limestone! they still dont say how everything else was done including carrying these huge monoliths.

and also that picture of wind erosion - looked just like wind erosion - it was a definate horizontal pattern:

but my picture is completely different and is a vertical pattern:

your arguement would make alot more sense if civilisation was older than we think - our only dates are based upon artifacts dug up whats to say we're not older?

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

actually they changed the stories a few times and thats just the theories from our generation.

and also how they moved the stones is also a mystery with just as many theories.

i just dont see the logic that they went to all this trouble and effort to build a tomb - when theres no way it would have been completed by the time the king died and not to mention theres hardly even been hardly any bodies found in these pyramids - so how can u call them a tomb just because a couple of coffins were found in a few of them - if you walked into a bombed village and came across a big building and in one section you found a coffin - you wouldnt think the whole structure was built for that person even if it does sound like an easy answer.
if you told me it was a holy temple used everyday then thats something more believable.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

no i said that there were pyramids just like the egyptian ones in nubia that were constructed around the same time as the egyptian and mesopotamia ones as well a few others around the world according to credible sources - but i won't believe them till they find a more precise form of dating objects.

but the pyramids around the world - why did people all around the world - i mean ALL over the world - have this sudden need to start building ridiculously large and unneccassary structures all of a sudden? they are so similar (ppl point out the differences but when you look at them all in a whole they're so similar on so many levels) but scientist give them so many different purposes. no where else in history has everyone from all continents subconsciencelessly decided to construct pyramid shaped structures.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamasita
no i said that there were pyramids just like the egyptian ones in nubia that were constructed around the same time as the egyptian and mesopotamia ones as well a few others around the world according to credible sources - but i won't believe them till they find a more precise form of dating objects.

Would you settle for the names of the kings being inscribed on them? That's how many of them are dated (and matched with later histories written by those people ("kings lists") saying that so and so reigned during this time.)

but the pyramids around the world - why did people all around the world - i mean ALL over the world - have this sudden need to start building ridiculously large and unneccassary structures all of a sudden?

They didn't.

They were built at different times. The Mesopotamian ones were built of mud brick and are a bit older (and more like towers). The Egyptian ones are dated in part by the temples in front of them, the material in the tombs, and so forth. The Mayan ones weren't built until about 1000 AD... and so on and so forth.

they are so similar (ppl point out the differences but when you look at them all in a whole they're so similar on so many levels) but scientist give them so many different purposes.

Uhm... different purposes?

In general, they're either tombs or temple mounds.

no where else in history has everyone from all continents subconsciencelessly decided to construct pyramid shaped structures.

I think I missed something here... not sure what you mean. Pyramids around the world weren't built at the same time, and they're not building the same shape.

Was that what you were saying? I'm tired and not sure.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   

actually they changed the stories a few times and thats just the theories from our generation.

Could you give me some examples?

and also how they moved the stones is also a mystery with just as many theories.

There's a lot of theories among laymen (including one I saw about geysers). The Egyptologists (who are able to read the inscriptions) have always pointed to what the people wrote and to their tools in saying how they were built.

i just dont see the logic that they went to all this trouble and effort to build a tomb - when theres no way it would have been completed by the time the king died

Actually, it was. At least one king built 3 pyramids... and the pharaoh was "god descended to earth" and the people would do anything for their god.

and not to mention theres hardly even been hardly any bodies found in these pyramids

In the Egyptian pyramids there's been several mummies, plus funeral accessories and things like that. In other pyramids, no (except China, where they find intact burials.) If you want to count the earthen hills as pyramids, then there are bodies in the mounds in North America (I've seen them, personally, in an excavation) and in Europe. None are in Mesopotamian ones because those weren'' built as graves.

if you told me it was a holy temple used everyday then thats something more believable.

It wouldn't be believable if you went inside those. It's a tiny room, about as long as 5 people lying down head to toe and about 3 people-lengths wide. There's no ventilation. 10 minutes in there with 10 people and 4 oil lamps and you'd be passing out from heat (and this problem was reported in early travelers' accounts of the interior chambers.) With the sarcophagus (stone coffin) in there, it's barely enough room for 10 people to stand in.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I and other people have envisioned people of Atlantis to have silver hair and extremely outworldy ocean like crystal blue eyes. We did not know eachother but we all had the same vision of standing on a beach overlooking the ocean and we all described the same image of what they look like. Weird.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

ok first of all no one knows exactly when any of the pyramids were built so i'm not going to even go there - they really could be any age but the point is that in our history of humans being on our planet - it was all of a sudden pyramids started jumping up all within a few thousand years and i bet most were built within a few hundred yrs. i have never believed that the south american temples are that young - but thats just my opinion.

now i most certainly do NOT believe the dates just because they found a kings name graffitied in a pyramid - that doesnt say anything to me - if i found a magnificent building like that and i was king - i'd claim it as my own too!
i'm sorry but that is not proof but a silly notion. if you want to believe in something that ridiculous thats fine but i thought everyone with a brain was outraged ova their forms of dating.

theirs been a few proposals of what the pyramids are for - tombs, temples, mark summer/winter soltice, worshipping and even sacraficial sites - and thats just to name the most popular ones.

basically scientist no nothing at all about the pyramids - they say they do but they dont really have any tangible evidence at all.
and what really annoys me is when they pull out pictures or stories as proof but throw away the rest of the story as unbeleivable myth!

and a pyramid shaped structure is exactly that a pyramid shaped structure. and all i get news reports are about "new pyramid discovered"
i've read that headline countless amount of times.

dont even know why people are arguing with me - you dont have any real proof so why are you arguing? you've got nothing! everyone with a brain knows that - your just giving me theories.

this is just turning into one of those stupid debates you find yourself with a christian - if this is going to go in circles - i dont have the time its ridiculous - if thats what you believe in thats great you go for it - but why are you trying to make me believe your quite unfathomable theory? i said it before - it makes NO sense and has NO evidence. in fact this thread has just proven to me that there is less evidence than i thought there was!

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

i didnt write down examples because you urself provided examples - this is really getting ridiculous - everyone knows this!

dont even start about the egyptologists - i have no respect for them whats so ever and wouldnt believe a word that comes out of their close minded money hungry mouths.
but i'm supposed to believe their translations but u urself told me not to do that! funny how evidence is sifted out according to wat it will fit with.

you do know how long it would take just to make one pyramid dont you? you do know it would be alot of work dont you?

actually i cant even believe you said that - ur telling me that 1 king built 3 pyramids in his lifetime? if thats wat you meant i'm not even going to continue debating with you because that is the most farfetched story of them all!

see as i said hardly any bodies found compared to the literally hundreds n hundreds of pyramids - tomb my booty.

so ur only saying that the mesopotamia ones werent for tombs because no bodies were found there - well stop everything now we have proof!

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by meadowfairy

actually from wat i've pieced together it seems the atlanteans were the aryan race who were known in history as the red-bearded man and sanskrit people of india claim to be their ansestors.

i think the white hair and blue eyes is pre concieved idea of how they were imagined to look by fiction writers.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   

now i most certainly do NOT believe the dates just because they found a kings name graffitied in a pyramid - that doesnt say anything to me - if i found a magnificent building like that and i was king - i'd claim it as my own too!
i'm sorry but that is not proof but a silly notion. if you want to believe in something that ridiculous thats fine but i thought everyone with a brain was outraged ova their forms of dating.

In the interests of following the ATS motto (Deny Ignorance) I have to say here that you need a little education before you go on and on about what is true and what is not regarding ancient constructions.

The above quote is only one small example of how blatantly and innocently you display your own ignorance here on this board.

The graffitti found in the relieving chamber over the King's Chamber in the Great Pyramid at Giza was found in a room that had been sealed since the pyramid was constructed.

Not only that, but there is no question that many of the marks found there - painted on using red ochre - were painted on the stones before the stones were put in place.

This is known because anyone with eyes and access can see the marks in between the stones extending too far back for any brush to have painted them.

This fact has even been attested to by that idiot Graham Hancock. It cause him and Bauval to re-assess their outrageous theory that the Great Pyramid was constructed in 10,500 BCE.

Now they say that the plans for the pyramid complex at Giza reflect some memory of that ancient time period.

Still as ridiculous, but that's just my opinion.

Pretty much everything else you say is wrong as well, but, baby steps and all that, you know.

Harte

[edit on 11/3/2008 by Harte]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
hahaha that is funny that you say i'm uneducated? your the uneducated fool! how bout instead of just arguing for the sake of it you actually bring some evidence or go away i'm sick of replying to you.
It's quite apparent I know what i'm talking about and even more apparent that you have no idea you just follow what you were told.
So do not insult me and in fact if you even try to again I will retaliate - i'm getting quite sick of peoples attitudes on here for a site that is supposed to be on conspiracy theories.
So if you dont like what I have to say or my opinion then go away coz I couldnt care less - your just a close minded fool to me.

Mod Edit: Please Review the Following Link: Courtesy Is Mandatory

[edit on 2/12/08 by Jbird]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
This is information I compiled from my research and it explains alot of history that always bothered me.
Again for you slow ppl I was not there I do not know what happened but this is my conspiracy theory. you dont like it then go to another site.

If you go find where civilisation, religion and writing began - you'll discover the Sumerians. But thats not all they invented - not by far - they started agriculture, laws, money, maths, medicine, marriage, proper clothing, building major structures, musical instruments, the wheel, the basic organisational structure of culture - basically everything and all in a period of a few thousand years - not long enough for a natural incline of evolution. How did they do this? Well they say that their gods, the Anun'naki taught them everything and even made them - us.

According to the Sumerians the solar system was a little different such as many planets being on their correct axis. But most strange of all was the placement of the planets. See back then Earth didn't quite exist, instead was a water planet called Tiamat, which was located between Mars and Jupiter. This all changed aeons ago when Niburu (just smaller than Saturn; has a large elliptical orbit around our sun of 3,600yrs; means 'the planet of the crossing' and cuniform sign is the cross although because of its atmosphere it has the appearance of horns protruding) crashed into this planet knocking it into its current position, creating Earth, our moon and the asteroid belt in one swift hit.

Niburu's dwindling atmosphere meant searching the immediate universe for gold. Fortunately (for them) they found a good source quite close to them - Earth. So about 445,000yrs ago a group of the inhabitants, the Anun'naki, a reptillian race quite like us in physical form believed to be a result of cross contamination of planets during the collision, departed for Earth to escavate the much needed gold.

The Anun'naki where regarded as gods for their technological advancements and devices, angels for their flying abilities, magicians for their knowledge and demonstration of physics and and in the bible they were known as the Nephillim meaning "those who descended from heaven" not those who were cast down. They also had extremely long lifespans (quite expected for a planet of their size and orbit) which was about 120sars which equals 432,000yrs - which is why you find king lists of ancient civilisations all over the world with such long rulings and you see as they breed with humans and you have the demi-gods (semi-gods) with diminishing lives. You'll notice that the main gods of the Sumerians are actually the same gods of other countries - such as in Nubia (modern day Ethiopia) - Anu ruled; in Egypt Enki was Thoth and Marduk was Ra and in Greece you'll find the children of the gods in the Titans and the Olympians.

So the leaders of this group is Anu, the father (meaning sky); Ea/Enki, the eldest son (meaning lord of land); Enlil, younger son (meaning lord of air); Ninhursag/Ki, daughter (meaning lady of the foothills - mother of earth or lady of birth) and Marduk, Enki's son. Its interesting to note that there were many wars later on between the decendents of the sons as Enlil, the younger sibling, was heir due to illeligitamacy issues regarding Enki. Then the inquisitive Marduk who was a son of Enki's, became like a student to ageing leader, Anu and became successor. All the wars you read about in the bible, Greek mythology, Indian bible, Mayans etc were actually the wars of the demi-gods still arguing over who was rightfully entitled.

For awhile it was just the Anun'naki and their helpers and lesser gods the Igigi to extract the gold when they hatched a plan to create the perfect workers - slaves that would not only work for them but worship them as gods and to teach them as they saw fit.

Enki and Ki were in charge of designing these workers and after an array of failed attempts, they finally succeed by mixing 20% of their reptillian genes with 80% of our homo sapiens and they invented Adam. It was when Eve was created in an effort to let them reproduce that caused the havoc. But it was here that the Adam and Eve story was originated and the 7 Day Creation Story.

However when the humans learnt to reproduce their sexual appetites were ravenous and they were basically like animals but having intercourse for their gratification meaning the streets were full of people going at it and not quiet about it either! Of course this ended up angering the Anun'naki - so much so they decided to wipeout mankind.

Enki, feeling remorse for his creations, he went against Anu and the rest of the apparent Council of Deities, and decided that man would not suffer total annihilation. He told Ziusudra by either instructing him to build some kind of a boat for his family, or by bringing him into the heavens in a magic boat. This is apparently the oldest surviving source of the Noah's Ark myth and other parallel Middle Eastern Deluge myths.

Because of the survivors, it was agreed by the Council to let the remainding humans live on their own so the Anun'naki were given lands to rule over and to teach each of their cities enough knowledge to take over rulership as a king til their return.

It was from the Sumerians that we also get measurements - especially time - with numbers such as 1, 10, 60, 90, 120, 180, 360 - From the Anun'naki. And the pyramids of the world including the ones in South and Central America - just like the Ziggurats of Mesopotamia that the Anun'naki specically liked to live in.

And if you want to get a better understanding of the Old Testament, swap Enki and Enlils names' with Lord and Abrahams'.

Hope I didnt leave anything out - done it by memory so feel free to add anything.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Off world beings did land on this planet to try to "uplift" the people of this world, but in an error of judgement those in power split into rightous and unrightousness camps. However before the days of this there was a place called dilmond, and like atlantis, it was a place of great learning and it also sank into the sea because of a great failure.

www.urantia.org...

If the truth of everything you ever wanted to know was right there in front of you, would you even be able to understand what it was you were looking at?

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
And pertaining to the "legend" of Atlantis....

Atlantis may have been found. However and obviously (because it's such a recent discovery), more research needs to be done in the under water location these ruins were discovered in (Bimini and Cuba) to determine their origin.

Reference THIS report for further details about the Bimini discoveries. It is very interesting to note that the design of the WHITE MARBLE buildings discovered here have distinctly Mediterranean features - all existing within a Caribbean location.

Focusing our efforts on the one small exposed area, we were astonished to see a triangular, well-polished slab of stone that appeared exactly like the apex at the top tip of a roof on a temple. It was about 7-feet long and its thickness is unknown. The triangular stone was embedded in sand but we were able to confirm that it was at least three feet thick. After cleaning this stone of sand and debris, a beautiful, somewhat ornate slab was revealed. Several small pieces off the edge of this apex were removed and brought to the surface. It was white marble, gleaming like quartz in the sun. Several beams, some as long as 15-feet were found, with one end disappearing into the sand. In addition, columns, polished building slabs, and many smaller blocks were found. Small samples revealed that these were of the same type of white marble.

It's a special note to understand that white marble comes from the Mediterranean.

Reference THIS website's side scan sonar report for details on the discovery in Cuba. This report illuminates a real possibility that METALLIC structures exist under water off of the Cuban coast.

"It's possible there could be metal because sometimes the darker the image, the more dense the material. But again, this is only hypothetical and would need to be verified by visual probes, by an ROV (Remote Operated Video) and cameras and good lighting. The area is quite extensive, spread out over several kilometers and we've barely touched it in terms of video probes."

Plato, wrote in his Dialogue called the Critias about the destroyed continent of Atlantis and its walls covered by metals:

"The stone which was used in the work they quarried from underneath the center island, and from underneath the zones, on the outer as well as the inner side. One kind of stone was white, another black, and a third red, and as they quarried, they at the same time hollowed out rocks double within, having roofs formed out of the native rock. ...The entire circuit of the wall, which went round the outermost one, they covered with a coating of brass, and the circuit of the next wall they coated with tin, and the third,m which encompassed the citadel, flashed with the red light of orichalcum (copper or copper alloy).
"...In the center was a holy temple dedicated to Cleito and Poseidon, which remained inaccessible, and was surrounded by an enclosure of gold. ...All the outside of the temple, with the exception of the pinnacles, they covered with silver, and the pinnacles with gold. In the interior of the temple the roof was of ivory, adorned everywhere with gold and silver and orichalcum; all the other parts of the walls and pillars and floor they lined with orichalcum."

Interesting finds, both of them. I'm hoping that the next few years ahead will reveal the origin of these discoveries.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkspARCS

yes I find it quite distressing that people put the supposed location of Atlantis in the Meditteranean - It is obviously from the Atlantic ocean and the age of its disappearance matches with the time of the great deluge.

there seems to be alot of evidence pointing towards the area of the Carribean Islands as well as South America - which could be just the survivors of Atlantis.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

obviously not because how many people read every word of the bible but ignore the numerous stories regarding aliens.

but are we even capable of understanding? maybe we need to use more than 10% of our brains before we can even contemplate trying to understand the equations of our forefathers.

or maybe we just need to translate everything from the start again - if thats even possible now.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   

reply to post by Incarnated

or maybe we just need to translate everything from the start again - if thats even possible now.

Ummm.. No. Read the Urantia book. It is the truth. It was sent to tie everything together. It will answer just about any question anyone has if they are willing to dygest the knowledge.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   

If you go find where civilisation, religion and writing began - you'll discover the Sumerians. But thats not all they invented - not by far - they started agriculture, laws, money, maths, medicine, marriage, proper clothing, building major structures, musical instruments, the wheel, the basic organisational structure of culture - basically everything and all in a period of a few thousand years - not long enough for a natural incline of evolution. How did they do this?

Not true. There is evidence for agriculture, for example, that predates the Sumerians by 5,000 years or more.

There are "major" structures that predate the Sumerians by that many years as well.

Originally posted by mamasitaWell they say that their gods, the Anun'naki taught them everything and even made them - us.

There is no such word (Annunaki) in the Sumerian language, so I seriously doubt "they" ever claimed this.

Originally posted by mamasitaAccording to the Sumerians the solar system was a little different such as many planets being on their correct axis. But most strange of all was the placement of the planets.

Astronomical tablets left by the Sumerians indicate otherwise. They indicate a reasonable knowledge of all the planets that can be seen with the naked eye.

Originally posted by mamasita See back then Earth didn't quite exist, instead was a water planet called Tiamat, which was located between Mars and Jupiter. This all changed aeons ago when Niburu (just smaller than Saturn; has a large elliptical orbit around our sun of 3,600yrs; means 'the planet of the crossing' and cuniform sign is the cross although because of its atmosphere it has the appearance of horns protruding) crashed into this planet knocking it into its current position, creating Earth, our moon and the asteroid belt in one swift hit.

There exists no such story in any Sumerian mythos, though the battle with Tiamat is certainly part of their mythology.

Niburu does not mean "planet of crossing" in Sumerian.

Originally posted by mamasitaNiburu's dwindling atmosphere meant searching the immediate universe for gold. Fortunately (for them) they found a good source quite close to them - Earth. So about 445,000yrs ago a group of the inhabitants, the Anun'naki, a reptillian race quite like us in physical form believed to be a result of cross contamination of planets during the collision, departed for Earth to escavate the much needed gold.

Yes, the spacefaring morons dreamed up by Sitchen, who were technologically advanced enough for space travel but knew nothing of excavating, themselves shoveling the overburden by hand to reach the gold they supposedly needed, until they realized they could create humans and make them shovel for gold.

One is led to wonder why they didn't invent the backhoe?

Originally posted by mamasitaThe Anun'naki where regarded as gods for their technological advancements and devices, angels for their flying abilities, magicians for their knowledge and demonstration of physics and and in the bible they were known as the Nephillim meaning "those who descended from heaven" not those who were cast down.

Again, the Sumerians had no gods called "Annunaki." I believe you're thinking of the Anuna, which were not gods from heaven, but were underworld gods.

Hope I didnt leave anything out - done it by memory so feel free to add anything.

As you see, I have taken your advice.

Originally posted by DarkspARCS
And pertaining to the "legend" of Atlantis....

Atlantis may have been found. However and obviously (because it's such a recent discovery), more research needs to be done in the under water location these ruins were discovered in (Bimini and Cuba) to determine their origin.

Reference THIS report for further details about the Bimini discoveries. It is very interesting to note that the design of the WHITE MARBLE buildings discovered here have distinctly Mediterranean features - all existing within a Caribbean location.

Focusing our efforts on the one small exposed area, we were astonished to see a triangular, well-polished slab of stone that appeared exactly like the apex at the top tip of a roof on a temple. It was about 7-feet long and its thickness is unknown. The triangular stone was embedded in sand but we were able to confirm that it was at least three feet thick. After cleaning this stone of sand and debris, a beautiful, somewhat ornate slab was revealed. Several small pieces off the edge of this apex were removed and brought to the surface. It was white marble, gleaming like quartz in the sun. Several beams, some as long as 15-feet were found, with one end disappearing into the sand. In addition, columns, polished building slabs, and many smaller blocks were found. Small samples revealed that these were of the same type of white marble.

It's a special note to understand that white marble comes from the Mediterranean.

Why, yes, white marble does come from the Mediterreanean area.

It also comes from everywhere else in the world (practically.)

In fact, many sculptors claim that the finest white marble on Earth comes from Alabama, in the USA:

Quarry manager Vito Verzura is leading the development of Alabama Marble Co., a small but growing operation that hopes to repopularize what its fans call the hardest, whitest marble in the world.

Source: Alabama marble called whitest in the world

"It's a special note" that white marble is also quarried in Georgia as well as in Vermont.
Not to mention a thousand other sites around the globe.

But let's just say that the marble pieces found off Bimini are from Europe. What does this mean regarding Atlantis? Wasn't Atlantis at Bimini, or no?

Was it in the middle of the Atlantic? Then the white marble could have as easily come from the western hemisphere.

The fact is, the area around Bimini has seen a lot of shipping traffic over the last 500 years, and it's well-known that pieces of ruined ancient buildings were once used for ballast in ships heading for the new world, particularly Spanish and Portugese ships.

The likeliest source, then, of this marble is simply the discarded ballast from trade ships a few centuries ago, though I'll admit that it could have come from a marble supplier whose ship sank in the area.

Re the Bimini road, that has to be the most-studied piece of beachrock on the surface of the Earth. Let me ask this, if the beachrock is the remains of a harbor, or other construction, then why has there never been any ancient stone constructions found on Bimini itself? Obviously, at the time the "harbor" was "constructed," the island itself existed. Why have no ancient dwellings, or even ancient campfire sites, ever been found there?

Don't think they haven't looked, because they have. You know who hasn't looked for this evidence though? The A.R.E. as represented by Dr. Greg Little (PhD in therapy from the University of Memphis,) his wife, and Bill Donato, apprentice archaeologist.

Now, ask yourself this. Why hasn't this group, which has claimed that the Bimini Road is part of the ancient realm of Atlantis, ever searched the island of Bimini itself for more evidence?

The answer: they already know they won't find any such evidence and they already know what that will do to their Bimini cash cow, of course.

Now Paulina Zelitsky's Cuban adventure has never had any follow-up to speak of, so I can't really skewer her and her husband, who BTW are professional treasure hunters (salvage is what they call it.) They made their "find" while working for the government of Cuba, got temporary interest from the Smithsonian (or was it National Geographic? I forget) who, once they calculated the cost/benefit ratio backed out of the deal, and they tried to further explore but their submersible malfunctioned. So they say, anyway.

Pending further investigation, then, I think it may be prudent to withold any final judgement on the Cuba thing.

Harte

[edit on 12/2/2008 by Harte]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
One added comment

On Sitchin's pyramid fraud claim. A good thing to ask is when did Sitchin examine the chambers and signs he says were faked?

If he didn't examine them personally I would wonder just how he arrived at that conclusion as in his books he doesn't cite the published studies of those chambers and those marking. Gosh he didn't go there and he didn't read the studies.......one wonders, LOL

One rarely runs across a Sitchinite these days

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join