It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantis = Gods of the Sumerians?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Sorry if this has already been posted but i dont come on here often and have just gotten into the subject of the Sumerians and find it absolutely fascinating.
Just throwing some questions around - obviously no one can answer with absolute definaty, so just theories would be interesting.
Was Atlantis a city for the "gods" the Sumerians talked about and gained their independence from?
If you look at the persian gulf near where ancient Mesopotamia was, a section of water branches into the land - sorry i cant include a picture yet - downloaded too many docos and exceeded my limit but its on googe earth.
Where are the ancient goldmines and evidence of aliens being here for I think it was 445,000yrs - does anyone have any ideas?
Does anyone know the name of the other Atlantis?
I am trying to find the origins of Sumerian language and writing but I can not find anything - it seems to have just appeared. This goes for the whole civilisation. I am aware of their legends and find them fascinating, but would like to find proof of civilisations before them or even evidence of ancient gold mines. Everywhere I read has conflicting information as to even which millenium they arrived!
If any one knows of any good sites and information regarding the origins of the sumerians (a previous civilisation such as atlantis) it would be greatly appreciated

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
The other Atlantis?

You wouldn't be talking about Lemuria would you?

That is all I can think of.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

thats the one! i knew it started it Le - thanks for that

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mamasita

Sure, happy googling.

I will check back to this thread to see if you have found more to post!

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Oh one of my favourite topics!

Ok, my "theory" is that Atlantis existed as an advanced (compared to others in the world at the time) civilisation for about 10,000 years. Their final end came between 1980 and 1990 BCE - so about 3000 years ago

The Sumerians on the other hand existed as an advanced civilisation about 5000 years ago.

So did the 2 civilisations pass paths? I think so, but they did not seem to pass on much info to each other.

The 445,000 years ago you refer to is when the so-called gods of the Sumerians - the Annunaki first came to earth from another planet (Nibiru).

The Atlantians had their own pantheon of gods more akin to Greek gods (Apollo etc.)

Their chief god was Atlas. The Sumerians chief god was Anu.

The Atlantians (20,000 soldiers) helped out Troy during the 10 year battle of Troy. It was at the end of the battle when they were heading home that they found they had no home left! So they went up the Nile and tried to take Egypt. To cut a long story short, Ramses I defeated them and enslaved them. The Egyptians tell this story of the “sea-peoples” in great detail.

This should give you a time reference. Sumeria was long gone by this point in history.

Lot’s more but that will do for now

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
When it comes to Lemuria, it was imagined as basically a missing continent, sunk beneath the waves.
It's existence was based off of a poor understanding of plate tectonics at the time.
According to plato, Atlantis was beaten back by the ancient Athenians, based on the time frame, before they really founded Athens and became a City-State.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by WatchNLearn

Was Atlantis in the Pacific or the Atlantic, or neither?
What Aztec sun god age did the island sink?

1. Tezcatlipoca
2. Quetzalcoatl
3. Tlaloc
4. Chalchiuhtlicue
5. Nanauatl/Tonatuih (present age)

www.aztec-history.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
wheee, also a topic of interest to me.

my theory is, the atlanteans were reptilians.
i don't think they flew here, i think they came from here. this is their home planet. i have photographs of artifacts from the iraq museum in baghdad and from egyptian archaeologists, not to mention texts from these cultures that seem to suggest exactly what i'm saying.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by WatchNLearn

Thats exactly what I was looking for. So you say that the atlanteans seemed to have a greek link?
I was also just reading last night that atlantis and athens were constantly at war and athens conquered them?

And I agree about the sumerians and the atlanteans - they dont seem to have much of a relationship but their origins have to be linked.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

i just read last night that the sumerians said their "gods" had reptilian skin and that the god enki sometimes patrolled beneath the waters - maybe thats why atlantis is surrounded by water

and pictures would be great!

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Check out this thread I started a while back.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Medusa the Gorgon and Tlaltecuhtli the Aztec earth goddess look like they're the same being. The New World and Old World crossed paths ages ago.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by lostinspace

yes there is evidence of cultures and civilisations crossing paths and divulging information to each other or have a mutual "friend" or god. I'd love more information on this.

I am very interested in the time line of our ancient history and the connection between the pyramids all over the world and how africa asia south america and europe are linked.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   
okay.

From Enki's sumerian city of Eridu, circa 4000 BC

Front View

source
oi.uchicago.edu...

Side View

Close up of head, side view

source
oi.uchicago.edu...

From sumerian UR

source
oi.uchicago.edu...

source
oi.uchicago.edu...

More Sumerian and Ubaidian reptilians

From Abydos, Egypt

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamasita
Just throwing some questions around - obviously no one can answer with absolute definaty, so just theories would be interesting.
Was Atlantis a city for the "gods" the Sumerians talked about and gained their independence from?

Hello, Mamasita

Quite a bit is known about that area of the world and there are some very good resources son the gods of the Sumerians. Here's an excellent site that answers many questions:
history-world.org...

Wikipedia's summary is also good:
en.wikipedia.org...

As to your first question, the answer to this is "no" -- as you can see when you read the tablets about their religion and cosmology. They had no concept of a city, Atlantis, and no legends about a city that sank under the waves... particularly a city of gods. Nor did they have legends about attacking ancient Athens (because the Sumerian civilization ended almost a thousand years before Athens rose.)

You might also go back and read Plato on Atlantis. I think that some of the things you are talking about are "channeled information" on Atlantis that came into vogue after 1920 -- quite jarringly wrong when you compare them with what Plato said.

Where are the ancient goldmines and evidence of aliens being here for I think it was 445,000yrs - does anyone have any ideas?

Absolutly none. And you'd have to ask yourself why aliens with vastly superior technology and robotics suddenly swoop down to Earth and create lifeforms to mine gold ... lifeforms that aren't durable and are cranky and cantankerous and have to be fed... rather than using robots to mine many of the stars who have a core of gold (true fact!) or picking planets with higher concentrations of gold.

Mines really were sort of "open pits" and "short tunnels" until fairly recently.

Does anyone know the name of the other Atlantis?

There wasn't one. There's no evidence in any ancient writing (other than Plato's fable) that it existed.

I am trying to find the origins of Sumerian language and writing but I can not find anything - it seems to have just appeared. This goes for the whole civilisation.

You're probably hunting the wrong sites. There's a lot known about them and about previous cultures of the Levant (search for "Levant"). Meanwhile, you can start with the Wikipedia article, which gives a nice summary:
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 20-10-2008 by Byrd]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

thanks for that information, and I always read wikipedia for unbiased information.
Ok so goldmines are out but what about all the pyramids all over the world? Theres no way ancient people went to all that effort with their primative tools - not to mention the fact that they all say they were there when they arrived.
I know this is a vast subject but i'm trying to tie it all together.
Atlantis and Sumeria don't mention eachother but they have to have similar origins. And about the Athens fighting with the Atlanteans the information is on this site (dont know how to quote yet)
atlantis.haktanir.org...
As for the language - I found a great site dedicated to ancient languages:
www.ancientscripts.com...
which says that Egyptians, Sumerians and Mayans were taught to read and write by their gods. Chinese is a little more complicated but basically they learnt to write as a means to communicate with the heavens.
And how did the Sumerians know so much about the solar system including the colours of uranus and neptune? And how our planet was smashed in a collision creating our moon?
In fact why would ancient people spend so much time dedicating their lives to astronomy when they had more things to worry about like staying alive and defending against invading allies?
And isnt it weird that we're "bush men" for hundreds of thousands of yrs n all of a sudden pow suddenly talking and writing and inventing agriculture and laws and wheels and buildings - and for no reason - it would take a slow gradual rise to b able to do that. They had to be taught.
Why isnt this subject being taken seriously by academics - there's obviously something there.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

thanx for the pictures they are absolutely unreal!

I havent much gotten into the reptilians but they are just as i imagined them to look.

When I heard that the homo sapien's dna was mixed with the anun'naki i knew they would have to have elongated faces and other features to make up humans as we see today so thats very interesting to see.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 04:55 AM
link   
There is another interesting charachter of the ancient world worth invesigating - Akhenaton. He was the father of Tutankhamun and was the first to introduce a monotheistic religionm which was very odd for his time. But more strange was his appearance. He had a very elongated head and kneck, very high cheek bones, large lips and almost feminine hips and pot belly - very "un"-Egyptian looking.

As for mines, the Atlantians were master miners and there is a large sum of evidence that demonstrates that they regularly mined parts of North America. The local Indians still tell a story of tall, red-headed and bearded "sea" men that came to mine. They did not mine gold but rather anther precious metal they called Orichalcum. It was this metal that provided them their vast wealth and power. Image below

There seems to be a similarity between what is now known as the "Etruscan Couple" but which is in fact Atlanians and Akhenaton.

Try and get your hands on "The Destruction of Atlantis" by Frank Joseph. This book alone will answer many of your questions.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by maasita[/url]

I think you'd be better of spending some time researching the technology and knowledge of the ancients, as well as their capabilities before trying to say definetly one way or another they could or couldn't do something.
As for why it was so important to study the skies... the heavens showed when to plant, when to harvest, gave indications of storms, and served as directions when out on the sea o in the woods.
Writing became important as people start building bigger cities and needed to start keeping track of things, like people, supplies, and designing better living arrangemtns.
As for why it's not taken seriously... it is. But keep in mind, until we stoped being bushman, we had very little time for creativity. When we started domesticating animals, and growing our own plants, then we could kind of hang out and try things.
Then how many stattues of cat, dog, fish, and birds gods do we have in relation to the reptillian ones?

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

actually i have researched their technology and they had none to make those pyramids. we hardly do today. the only metals they had was copper maybe they made it a little stronger with tin but it is still basically soft copper.
fair enough looking at the skies for weather patterns but why the stars?
and of course writing is important - my question is where it originated from and how it did so so quickly.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Theres no way ancient people went to all that effort with their primative tools - not to mention the fact that they all say they were there when they arrived.

That's an opinion, and you are welcome to hold an opinion.

However, I disagree and the evidence shows that I am far more likely to be right than you are.

Originally posted by mamasitaI know this is a vast subject but i'm trying to tie it all together.
Atlantis and Sumeria don't mention eachother but they have to have similar origins.

Given that Sumeria is known to have existed, and that Atlantis is not known to have existed, I don't see how you can draw this conclusion.

And how did the Sumerians know so much about the solar system including the colours of uranus and neptune? And how our planet was smashed in a collision creating our moon?

The Sumerians had no such knowledge. Not in the least.

Originally posted by mamasitaIn fact why would ancient people spend so much time dedicating their lives to astronomy when they had more things to worry about like staying alive and defending against invading allies?

Studying astronomy was part of staying alive in that the positions of heavenbly bodies can help determine when to plant and when to reap, for example.

The ancients were obsessed with astronomy (astrology, really) because they believed that the sky had some influence over events on the Earth. Many non-thinkers today still believe this nonsense.

Originally posted by mamasitaAnd isnt it weird that we're "bush men" for hundreds of thousands of yrs n all of a sudden pow suddenly talking and writing and inventing agriculture and laws and wheels and buildings - and for no reason - it would take a slow gradual rise to b able to do that.

It was a slow, gradual rise. And nobody knows how long we were "talking" before this happened.

In fact, it's thought that many of Man's precursors may have been able to communicate with a spoken language.

Harte

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join