It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Callme paranoid but....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I think im being watched by the goverment! i know it sounds crazy but i think the goverment is listening to me over the phone. I mean they use i to catch crimminals but who says that they cant use it on everyone else??? Any input? i just want some answers.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
What exactly has happened to make you think this?

Anything specific?

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
nothing really happened toe me that supports this but im just saying What if? ya know? Whats stoping them from listening in on privat conversations.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
ok "PARANOID" (edit, oops)
Hey, you said to do so.
Just kidding.
Who isn't being listened to these days.
Funny though.
They are listening but are not "hearing" a word we say.

Tell tale click or buzzes perhaps.
Or is it the peak voltage on your carrier signal. Buy a ohm and voltage meter to check if you are not sure.
Anytime some line is tapped a discrepancy occurs in the idle signal.

[edit on 19/10/2008 by reticledc]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
^Paranoid.

They can certanly spy on you if you post on a public forum... keep that in mind.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I see what you mean... but im talking aout them listening in on phone conversations. like if im talking to my girlfriend i dont want them listening in. i know theres nothing wrong with it but its an invation of my privacy. Ya seeing what i mean?

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Eh, there was a primetime story just last night, I believe, featuring some NSA whistleblower talking about how NSA employees sit around making jokes about the "pillow talk" of average citizens. This stuff has been happening for awhile now.

The red flag for me was the governments OFFICIAL recognition of a warrantless wiretap program. That means it was going on BEFORE then, they just wanted us to KNOW ABOUT IT now. Hell, before Bush ever took office, if you were to mention the word BOMB on the telephone, it alerted the FBI (notes that this post just warranted such a flag)... And, if you mentioned enough trigger words within a certain amount of time, you were eavesdropped on. That was a reality BEFORE Bush. Now it is out in the open and you have NSA employees laughing about it on national television.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I wouldn't go so far as to say that the OP is paranoid (although that IS the case)... I am just glad that someone else realizes that they ARE watching you, and have been for some time... If enough people realize this, it won't matter that they are. They'll have a pissed off population on their hands and they'll have bigger fish to fry.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
ON simple thing, probably the only thing I know to keep intent ears from your conversations. Use code only the 2 of you know or just go over personally and stop using the phone.
I have on occasion used key phrases only "We" know about.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
It makes logical sense for the government to record all telephone calls, communications, etc., if possible, and store them securely in a big database somewhere.

That way, if and when public evidence indicates that someone might be a 'criminal' or a 'terrorist threat', they can get a specific warrant from whatever channels, and dredge up information from their database that they might find valuable.

By that justification, the people remain 'secure' in their privacy, as required by the 4th amendment, until a legal process justifies otherwise.

Whether the capability to do this already exists, or is being utilized, is of course a point of some debate.

But you're not paranoid for thinking it may be the case, OP. Just reasonable and forward-thinking.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
good idea i should use those ideas thanks!!

top topics

join