It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the world fine the way it is? Hear me out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
now im just going off of a basic overview of how things seem to work on this planet, without getting deep into any mass conspiracy theories and what not.

now although their are, have, and will be those who just seek to have their way and only their way, regardless of what needs to be sacrificed, the game of life seems to be playing out like it should.

people on this forum, and including myself at times, are constantly wanting to know the who, what, where, why, when, and how of everything, and thats healthy, and we should.

but even though it is a horrible sight to see others starving, when im eating a pound of wings in my living room, or others getting raped and sold into slavery, when im sitting in my room looking at the latest video game trailer, its just life.

how else are humans suppose to learn without this type of chaos and destruction. you cannot create without first destroying. i think if anything, the so called, "elite", and true behind the scenes leaders of this world, are merely trying to keep the ball rolling, and will sacrifice anyone to achieve this goal.

you want to legalize all drugs in america? cool, now what do you do with all those people who will inevitably lose their jobs, directly because of this, or indirectly? you know people will eventually start complaining about all this funding still going to law enforcement, when its not needed anymore, and they will have to start letting people go.

this is a way of life thats trying to be maintained for the world to keep functioning, and if people want something different, there would have to be a massive global step up on human conscience, moral, etc..., because as we stand now, we function best being treated as we are treated.

i mean, nature even gives you a nice analogy. look at the human body, and without any external stimulation, or achievements through meditation or anything, one of its top tier, physical/mental, peak functioning times is under stress. people experience enhanced strength, stronger focus, etc.... under stress. point being, if you dont push us, we will not evolve. hence why there are only a handful of humans out of the billions, who have achieved miraculous feats through means of their own sheer will, and not because their running from a lion, and their body is forced to kick it into overdrive.
its not that we need to be whipped to listen, its that we're refusing to listen any other way.

look at children. regardless of all the blah blah, if you discipline your kid, and let him knows whose boss by slappin that booty, he/she will listen better than if you smile and hand them a cookie, and ask them to do it, as if its a choice.

so although i dislike the state of many things on this planet, the truth seems to be that at this point in time, and for a while now, its the only way to keep this ship moving at a steady pace. to much freedom causes chaos, to little freedom causes the same.

i asked my friend last night. i said, "if you were part of 11 other elite who pretty much ran things in the world, speaking for the usa alone, would you put the true power in the people?". his answer was no. i was having a discussion on the illusion of democracy. hell, at one point, if you were not a landowner, and or educated, you were not even allowed to vote, but now any redneck, or hoodlum can make any ignorantly based vote they want.

i mean, there is no conspiracy to that thinking, just pure common sense. would you put the power into a people who will spend 300 dollars on a blackberry, and then be mad when they cant operate it, when all they need to do is open the manual. would you put your trust into a people who for the most part will live and die never challenging what they were taught as children and young teenagers? would you entrust that power into people who would rather put their hand out, then find a way to get what they need?no, that sounds stupid.

i believe, that until humans step up their mentals, the world as you see it, will continue to be the world as you see it, until something big destroys most of us. its just how our behaviour is wired, hence why people are always stuck in love/hate relationships, etc.. there are so many other natural metaphors in the world i could use, but you get the point.

you want aliens, alien technology, cures for diseases, then your gonna need to step your game up. look at life as a game, and in a game, your not allowed to the next level until you have proven yourself, and just because you think you have proven yourself, you may not have, and even if you have, maybe you will be let to the next level, if your skill level is that high, but if your advancement depends on the skill level of a billion other people, than unless your far above average, you will be stuck with the rest of the suckers.

the world of the elite is for those whose desire to always out do what they just did, outweighs there desire to just be like the guy next to them, out of fear of being left behind, or leaving someone behind. whether your a rapper, master of seduction, internet billionaire, etc..., its because you stepped your game up, and never stopped, even when people might have suggested you should. well, maybe some were born into it, but still.

i just feel like, yes, in general the world could still be better, but our basic instinct is that we seem to thrive off of pain, failed relationships make for a better next relationship, throwing a rod in your car will make you want to understand how your car works, failed business ventures will make you want to research more before doing, etc.....

none of you here can say that, without war, famine, etc..., you would still be thriving for a better world. you only know of a better world because these negative things exist.

maybe its like what the agent said in the matrix about giving humans a better world, that was pretty much perfect, but we rejected it, we did not like the illusion. maybe it was not because we're animals, but for the sake of our own evolution, we need these negative things to exist.

i believe there is a point we can reach that is almost 100% percent bliss,but with the large amount of people in existance now, and everyone having to be pc to everyone elses culture, beliefs, etc, it wont happen.

i feel like, the best thing you can do, is become a golden wolf amongst the sheep. cant help others if you cant help yourself

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
the funny part is, you probably skipped down to read this reply, and the mere fact that most people here will not read my whole thread because it is to much writing, only really strengthens some of my points.

ants cant save other ants unless they unite and overpower, because millions of ants all working selfishly for themselves, will always get over powered by one single unified boot. become the wolf, than maybe you can begin to change the sheep, but dont expect all sheep to be so open to what the wolf has to say, for in their minds, a sheep who turned wolf, is no longer a sheep, and no longer one of them, regardless of the wolfs intention

[edit on 18-10-2008 by jimmy1200]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I read your entire post: both of them.

I totally get what you are saying.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
thank you. appreciate that. no offense to anyone who does read it by the way. i thought it made sense to me, but we'll see what everyone else has to say

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmy1200
i asked my friend last night. i said, "if you were part of 11 other elite who pretty much ran things in the world, speaking for the usa alone, would you put the true power in the people?". his answer was no. i was having a discussion on the illusion of democracy. hell, at one point, if you were not a landowner, and or educated, you were not even allowed to vote, but now any redneck, or hoodlum can make any ignorantly based vote they want.

The founders worked under this belief.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness

So those 12 might not desire to allow it but those 12 should not be running the USA. The people of the country should and all voices heard. Does sound like how today's world is being run though.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmy1200

I just read your entire posts. I agree almost completely with you. Very good.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Nah, sorry but thats just stuff you might tell yourself if you want to sleep better at night as far as it being "ok". That 12 people should be deciding everything for everyone etc. I guess it might be fine for you eating your lb of chicken, but ask the people starving and getting raped how they feel about it.

I just got a $20,000 a year raise this week to make up for the inflation and such while other people are losing their jobs and retirement and have to make up fro the loss anyway they can, but that doesn't make whats going on ok with me. I might be doing well, but other people aren't.

However, I do think we are on this planet as a school. I was oblivious to things until GWB started doing what he did after 9/11. It's a school to where we can learn lessons and better things. So maybe it is supposed to happen this way, but that doesn't mean it's ok. It just means it's something for us to learn from and fix. If you will allow 12 people(no idea if that is true btw) to rule over the planet, then you pretty much deserve it. But the moment someone has sense enough to say - hmm, this isn't right and provides a real solution, then it is no longer deserved.

Although the lesson seems to be one in manipulation these days. I myself don't really "feel" controlled. I get the money I need from work, but I don't really ask for more than I need even though I could probably get it. I could easily just ignore whats going on and not have a care in the world. I don't do anything illegal, and I'm not suffering. But I do know what is going on, and I think I'd be a pretty horrible person to just ignore it.

I do think it is worthless to try and take over with force. I think that is dumb dumb dumb. Doing that isn't going to change anything other than the people in control. The only thing that can be done is for the people to learn the lesson and move on to the next one. If they don't, then they will keep getting the lesson until they do. It's pretty much that simple.

So I disagree that it's "ok", but I do agree that it is this way for a reason. If you will eat it, it will be feed to you. Don't like the meal or whats it's doing to you, then learn to feed yourself. If someone is happy eating McDonalds, and other things that "taste" good 3 times a day, it's their lesson to learn that it wasn't good for them.

[edit on 18-10-2008 by badmedia]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Many of your thoughts are out of touch with reality.

What if the system created by these 12 people are what actually keeps everyone in their current state?

Let's begin with drugs. War on drugs - takes a ton of our own tax dollars to keep this war going. There's the origin of the drugs, such as Columbia or Afghanistan. There are guerilla wars fought over control of the resources. Then there's the transportation to the states, people sneaking the drugs to our land with expensive means. Then there's the Stateside dealer who wants his cut, the crooked police officers, then the smalltime streetside guy making his cut also. By the time this drug gets to the user, it's so dang expensive he has to steal to keep buying more. Then you have territories fought over in our own cities by the Stateside dealers. It's a tragic system that begins with our own tax money that in the end pays for the crimes. Yes, your tax money funds drug-related crime.

The system uses mankind's biggest weakness against himelf, greed. Make people want new things every other day and then buy it all again next year because your original purchase either stopped working or is outdated. In the meantime we are using up valuable resources and destroying our planet and using the cheapest labor possible to turn the biggest profit possible. In the end, the poor must lose. We are paying more and getting paid less. There will be a breaking point, which we may be headed for.

Do I know the answer? How to fix it? I wish. Something is not working and blaming ourselves is a good start, but allowing ourselves to just live with it because we're screwed up is a bad answer.

edited for possible bad word? not sure what's considered bad here.

[edit on 18-10-2008 by AHostileMe]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

understandable. but

Nah, sorry but thats just stuff you might tell yourself if you want to sleep better at night as far as it being "ok". That 12 people should be deciding everything for everyone etc. I guess it might be fine for you eating your lb of chicken, but ask the people starving and getting raped how they feel about it.

that number 12 means nothing, just an example. it could be 300 for all i know, or 1. of course the people starving and getting raped will not bother with my logic, for emotion will always trumph the logical and rational mind, for good, and for bad at times. emotion is a powerful tool to overcome, and in my personal opinion, can never be overcome. people use emotion for helping to achieve spiritual enlightenments, and some people use emotion to get stuck in abusive relationships.

its somewhat unfair to ask the one starving or getting raped, to understand my logic, for they probably wont, and i would come off as nothing more than insensitive, which is not true. im sympathetic, and in some cases, empathetic to what many go through, but i cant allow emotional situations to negatively affect me, i must learn and proceed.

i think we all have a natural programming we're born with to keep us from turning into emotionless robots, but at times in life, you need to seperate your emotion, deduce the situation, seek the better and bigger picture, and move on. you must become a systematic robot at times in life. you can be to "human" at times, depending on your definition of such, but i think most reading this get my point.

I just got a $20,000 a year raise this week to make up for the inflation and such while other people are losing their jobs and retirement and have to make up fro the loss anyway they can, but that doesn't make whats going on ok with me. I might be doing well, but other people aren't.

well, that agrees with some of my points. that although we dont like it, and its horrendous at times, you would know no difference if famine, disease, hatred, was not put on a silver plated and shown to you. our very evolution as a species depends on destruction. kinda weird. im not saying your suppose to be cheering for destruction, as i put it, i still believe a more peacful world can exist, but your wanting for change is based on your knowledge of whats wrong. our disgust for the things we see that are horrible, is kinda a love hate relationship deep down.

However, I do think we are on this planet as a school. I was oblivious to things until GWB started doing what he did after 9/11. It's a school to where we can learn lessons and better things. So maybe it is supposed to happen this way, but that doesn't mean it's ok. It just means it's something for us to learn from and fix. If you will allow 12 people(no idea if that is true btw) to rule over the planet, then you pretty much deserve it. But the moment someone has sense enough to say - hmm, this isn't right and provides a real solution, then it is no longer deserved.

i understand, and given the age of technology that we do live in, i think it might be destined that we fix it, but then again, maybe technology has given us false hopes also. problem being, most people on this forum at least, wonder why people limit themselves when there is so much information out there. a quick google can head you down a thought path you never even new existed. you could hear the word quantum, google it, and keep going from link to link reading stuff all week, and by the end of that week, you will be like, where have i been living.

the thing is though, there are still many without access to the internet, contrary to popular belief. not all countries are as open with the internet as we are. we're very lucky. basic fears of getting viruses, worms, spyware, etc.., keep many from exploring the vastness of information on the internet, and just the general lack of seeking information.

if anything, the internet has been only beneficial for a small amount of people. those who already had the knack for research, and the ticking mind that was able to not take everything that first read as fact.

also, what is right or wrong. there were times in human history where people would have young wives, and indulge in homosexual behaviors as the norm, but now it is shunned against. so who was wrong? you know, i know many of you have maybe never thought of this, but there is no explanation as to why anyone of you was not born a couple centuries ago, in some random tribe in africa somewhere, with an underage boy lover as your assistant. one nanotwist could have you in those shoes, and it sounds disgusting, but it makes you think, whats wrong, and whats right.

wrong and right as most of you know, right and wrong are culturally enforced belief systems,and for the most part, most of us are just well programmed, zombies, until we start to question.

do i believe we should go back to underage marriages and frivolous homosexual sex, well, i dont care about the latter, enjoy yourself, but the first thing, no.

point being, how would you, or any of us know, without having some omnipotent consciousness over the planet, know that the millions that die, are not beneficial to keep the billions still kicking.

Although the lesson seems to be one in manipulation these days. I myself don't really "feel" controlled. I get the money I need from work, but I don't really ask for more than I need even though I could probably get it. I could easily just ignore whats going on and not have a care in the world. I don't do anything illegal, and I'm not suffering. But I do know what is going on, and I think I'd be a pretty horrible person to just ignore it.

you could easily quit your job and live in the woods, but you wont, because you are being manipulated. im not talking bout mass electromagnetic brainwashing conspiracies, but your own instinct attracts you to what will get you what your programmed instincts want, and the fastest. quitting your job, and living in the wild without a care for the touch of a woman, fast food, bumpin music, etc..., goes against the whole of your being, and you will not do it. you are being manipulated by your beliefs, which program your being.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by AHostileMe

got ya

The system uses mankind's biggest weakness against himelf, greed. Make people want new things every other day and then buy it all again next year because your original purchase either stopped working or is outdated. In the meantime we are using up valuable resources and destroying our planet and using the cheapest labor possible to turn the biggest profit possible. In the end, the poor must lose. We are paying more and getting paid less. There will be a breaking point, which we may be headed for.

your right. they could make cell phones with capabilities that would keep the average buyer busy for a long time, without a need to upgrade, but thats not how things work, we have to feed them a little, and then keep feeding them, abusing our basic human weakness, "greed", because people cant just stop at texting, theyre gonna need talk to text or something.

here is the kicker though, if we didnt abuse that weakness, and give people more than they need, as to last them over for long periods of time without the need to re-up anytime soon, or upgrade, whatever, then how many jobs would be affected, who much of the economy would be affected in the usa, and worldwide.

we cant start selling the phones for 600 dollars a pop, but keep the cost of living the same, but then we cant make cost of living cheap, cell phone plans cheap, and a phone cost 600, when japan might be doing the opposite, because then the other countries will get mad at us for creating such a lush environment that is causing people to leave their country for our country, causing the collapse of their economy.

see how this is all starting to connect. again, im not saying its okay, like you should pop popcorn and smile at chaos because its inevitable, and i wish it could be different, but in a world as big as ours, with the way we act now as humans, we are very limited in our options for heaven on earth. im more throwing this out there to make people think and seek to question what they have been taught, and seek to continue to try to change the minds of the ignorant, even if it may cost you a friend or two, not to read this, sit down and be like, oh, the world is screwed, but it works, whatever.

but could i have false hopes myself. how do i know this is not how its suppose to work. i actually dont even think we have gotten started yet. we cant have unity until the hundreds of belief systems out there start to breakdown and unify, and or, people just end up seperating themselves, like, this country is for christians, this part of town is for gnostics, etc..., and they just live peacefully amongst each other, believing what they believe.

that will eventually crumble though, it always does. im running my brain in circles. lol!

well, i believe regardless of the capitalist greed out there, there are aspects of our world that could get a serious upgrade, without completely destroying the yin and yang of the world, but we have become so far seperated from our emotions, other than self gratifying emotions, that a happy world only sounds like idealistic garbage.

when is the last time anyone here, or that you know, has dropped a bucket of tears from seeing a starving child on tv. you usually click back to your show because it depresses you, not motivates you, but let your boyfriend get caught cheating, and now the world is about to end, forget the others being put through more hell than you.

im not saying im above many here in that aspect, but its a thought.

heaven on earth. hmmmmm, sounds boring. i dont think humans would cater to that for to long.

matrix!

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
You are thinking inside the box, as if the only way to survive as mankind, in the sense of all humans on the planet, is to sell mostly pointless things for money. I'll leave it at that.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
i mean, there was trade before the whole money system got ta rolling, but it was inevitable, and until goods can be created out of thin air, or the demand for "pointless" things deminishes, than thats just how things are going to work, and even if they stopped, they will probably start back up again. i dont think im thinking in the box, im just sticking to the reality we're given, and the said path reality is going to seemingly stay on for a while

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   

its somewhat unfair to ask the one starving or getting raped, to understand my logic, for they probably wont, and i would come off as nothing more than insensitive, which is not true. im sympathetic, and in some cases, empathetic to what many go through, but i cant allow emotional situations to negatively affect me, i must learn and proceed.

If you can't look at things from all perspectives involved, then you are by default making a biased argument. Maybe if you one day understand the true nature of things, you would understand that it is you that is starving and getting raped.

i think we all have a natural programming we're born with to keep us from turning into emotionless robots, but at times in life, you need to seperate your emotion, deduce the situation, seek the better and bigger picture, and move on. you must become a systematic robot at times in life. you can be to "human" at times, depending on your definition of such, but i think most reading this get my point.

I'm a programmer, logic is what I get paid for. I know a picture that is so big that the universe is static.

well, that agrees with some of my points. that although we dont like it, and its horrendous at times, you would know no difference if famine, disease, hatred, was not put on a silver plated and shown to you. our very evolution as a species depends on destruction. kinda weird. im not saying your suppose to be cheering for destruction, as i put it, i still believe a more peacful world can exist, but your wanting for change is based on your knowledge of whats wrong. our disgust for the things we see that are horrible, is kinda a love hate relationship deep down.

I don't see myself as a human. I see myself as a conscious being. I don't care about "our species".

also, what is right or wrong. there were times in human history where people would have young wives, and indulge in homosexual behaviors as the norm, but now it is shunned against. so who was wrong? you know, i know many of you have maybe never thought of this, but there is no explanation as to why anyone of you was not born a couple centuries ago, in some random tribe in africa somewhere, with an underage boy lover as your assistant. one nanotwist could have you in those shoes, and it sounds disgusting, but it makes you think, whats wrong, and whats right.

Whats right or wrong is based on the perspective and if you are infringing on another persons free will. People who try to make social choices for other people are wrong, no matter how many wives or whatever sexual behaviors anyone may have. It is an arrogant attitude that says "I have the right to tell you how to live". If the underage boy's free will was being infringed on, then it was "wrong".

point being, how would you, or any of us know, without having some omnipotent consciousness over the planet, know that the millions that die, are not beneficial to keep the billions still kicking.

It doesn't take an omnipotent consciousness over the planet. It's pretty simple. If you want freedom, you have to be wiling to give it to others. That is the true price of freedom. All you need to do is put yourself in the other person's shoes to know what is right. If you wouldn't want to be treated the way you are treating that person, then it's obviously wrong.

you could easily quit your job and live in the woods, but you wont, because you are being manipulated. im not talking bout mass electromagnetic brainwashing conspiracies, but your own instinct attracts you to what will get you what your programmed instincts want, and the fastest. quitting your job, and living in the wild without a care for the touch of a woman, fast food, bumpin music, etc..., goes against the whole of your being, and you will not do it. you are being manipulated by your beliefs, which program your being.

Been homeless, slept under bridges and all that already. I without any help worked from that to being an executive in a company. I get what I want/need. I know the "secret" of the universe.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   

i mean, there was trade before the whole money system got ta rolling, but it was inevitable, and until goods can be created out of thin air, or the demand for "pointless" things deminishes, than thats just how things are going to work, and even if they stopped, they will probably start back up again. i dont think im thinking in the box, im just sticking to the reality we're given, and the said path reality is going to seemingly stay on for a while

If you are talking about the farce ending of zeitgeist and the "money-less" resource system, then I'll agree with you. Money is simply a symbol of value. The resources have all the value, so that project venus stuff is bunk. Supply and demand determine the value of the resources, and you can not get around that.

If I sell a chicken for $1, and a cow for $10, trading 10 chickens for the cow is the same exact thing. So a resource based system is crap.

But that certainly doesn't mean the current system of debt is right either. It is also a form of economy slavery, no different than the resource system.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   

i feel ya, but on this

If you can't look at things from all perspectives involved, then you are by default making a biased argument. Maybe if you one day understand the true nature of things, you would understand that it is you that is starving and getting raped.

i can look at things from many perspectives, but im just kinda addressing one thing, as to not bounce around to much. my argument may be somewhat biased, as many of peoples arguments are, but i like to think i have still been somewhat open and consistent on my replies.

what is the true nature of things, since you imply that you know.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
The true nature of things is that we are all 1 being. That our consciousness or as quantum physics might say, the "observer" is the god within us. We have taken on a limited perspective for experience, because to be omnipotent and all knowing means the entire universe is static, nothing changes ever etc. All things are known, so there is no "new day" to go into, it's merely a repeat.

So when you say - oh those guys can just deal with it. It's actually YOU that is feeling it. And when you understand that, then people like Jesus actually make alot more sense.

John 14:20 - At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

Why do you think he tells you to love your neighbor as yourself? Why do you judge not, yest YOU be judged? Because you are judging yourself.

We are all connected. We are all 1 being. The universe is 1 big static bit of "material", where the reality is based on a limited perception/perspective. Each perception/perspective it's own unique experience. As another person made a thread about earlier, life is a dream. Because what is a "dream" other than a time when you have a limited/different perspective from this "reality"?

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Hi,

In reading all of what you had to say, the following seems to be inconsistent with the rest of your views.

I don't see myself as a human. I see myself as a conscious being. I don't care about "our species".

If you see us and everything as one, regardless of the packaging, why wouldn't you care?

top topics

join