It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army gets info on teens thru video game

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by MonkeyLove

Well all you have to do is to ask your self if your are willingly to become a weapon for your politicians. Because that's what you become when you join the army. You become a tool that is all you will be. And you alone have to bear the cost of killing or be killed they don't.

Kids eager to go to war the first time because they don't know shiiit about it. If you ask them again after the first battle you won't see the same joy in their eyes. This is what divides reality from games.

In real life you don't get a second chance if you die. In a game you can play until you get bored of it and still live.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4N6310

Sure, they've been spifing it up over the years and it'll certainly be a valuable tool for the now-elidgable didn't-graduate-highschool crowd that has been chomping at the bit for reliable a meal ticket they can actually score.

[edit on 19-10-2008 by 4N6310]

Actually the military requires people to graduate from high school before joining, otherwise you cannot get in. And they don't just let in anyone who can carry a rifle either. They have a rigorous processing period that you have to go through beforehand, trust me on this one since I went through processing 2 weeks ago.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by spec_ops_wannabe

Oh, I am sure our military has very high enlistment requirements. If you don't meet them, they are ready and willing to help you meet them...why let logistics get in the way?
How silly of me not to cite any sources.
Army GED Plus enlistment program

edit: oh and by the way, I'm not trying to clown on people for joining or say that everyone who joins is a knucklehead or anything. My brother is a career Navy guy and I'm still proud of him.
I would just prefer a world without war and to not see promising young people who could potentially benefit humanity being funneled into a military system.
Then again, some people certainly belong in the military...no question about that.

[edit on 20-10-2008 by 4N6310]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
This has been going on for years, America's Army. Great game and most kids who play it are overweight mmorpg addicts. Not exactly what the armed forces are looking for.I've played it for years with my son. He has no desire to join the military and in fact he would be the first to lead a crusade against the military and this corrupt federal government. It's not the games that we as Americans have to worry about, it's what we teach our children. Teach your children truth and the lies will be insignificant.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by cbass

Very good thread,

In WW1 nand WW2 years, propaganda was throw radios and signs to
brainwash kid that War is cool....!

Propaganda tools evoluated with technologies, and video games are
definatly very good Propaganda brainwashing weapons to manipulate
kids to go sacrefy them self for power elites.

- Achilles 13 -

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Wow, this looks fun to play.

On another note, I don't see a problem with it. There's worse games then this.. the only difference is the plastic m16 and hummer.

I think its harmless, but the collecting of personal information seems a little.. too much?

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by spec_ops_wannabe
This "videogame" as they are calling it is actually a training simulation used by the Army for combat training. I went through the thing when it came to my regional airshow, went through it twice. And trust me on this one, it is hardly violent in comparison to many of the popular videogames on the market currently.

And cbass, yes they are actually using a videogame for recruiting purposes. It is known as America's Army, it is a first-person shooter created and supported by the Army. It has proven to be extremely popular.

So is the America's army game any good?
I think the parents that are taking their kids to this simulation should be watching their kids more if it is a way to try and recruit for the future. oh wait, parents take responsibility? never.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
There is alot of mother earth to look at ... get off your bums and see the real world.

To compare real life to a video game is stupid
To claim a video game made your kill is stupid

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Finn1916

On the review for it, since it's a free downloadable game it's alright. In terms of first-person shooters that I have played, it's a little more realistic than you would be led to believe.
In most FPSs you are able to go around the map and get killed by other players repeatedly because of your ability to respawn, however in AA per every round that you play, you only get one life and then that's it until the next round.
There is quite a bit of work put into it since they even have things like basic battlefield first aid ingame training, they have full presentations along with short quizzes at the end of each. Also included is some understanding of CPR.
The plus side to it is also with alot of current FPS games you need high speed DSL internet, but for AA you only need dialup internet.
And for the simulator that is touring around the country, it was fun.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
With all the "wrong" wars this country's in and the general point of view other countries are starting to have about America I believe thats only meant to get people to have a better opignion about the US Army. HOWEVER there's games online such as America's Army thats 100% developed by the US Army whom regular army soldiers and civilians play. Think of this as you want however war is 90% mental and 10% physical if you have something that put people in a virtual real-war situation and you can then gather tons and tons of statistics on strategies,tactics and the way they handle certain situations under certain conditions you have a friggen golden tool for war... If you compile this all by race behaviors, sexes, age and so on you get a edge on your enemies... numbers don't lie...

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
it makes sense. i mean not in the too far future we wont be sending too many actual troops into the battle field. It will all be remote controlled soldiers, vehicles. and if children and teens are great at controlling a killing machine through controls and video sight then they will be primed and need very little training if they were to be implemented into a war. saved the military billions in training. just imagine if 100 years ago the army had to pay to train all the soldiers to use controllers and to maneuver a vehicle or fighting machine from watching a video screen. it would be like asking the impossible. Now you could give a kids a fighting machine that works like an x-box game. They need very little to no training. Just tactics. its almost instinct now. its ingrained into their heads like walking or riding a bike.

I don't necessarily believe video games were made for this but i do think the army will have no reservations about taking advantage of this.

I did robotics in highschool, and the people who were best at controlling the robots through the courses were the gamer kids. haha. They were just adapted to using hand held controls. Their brains have dedicated more activity through repetitive use. Much like playing a musical instrument.

Like me, i am pretty much a god when it comes to playing laser tag and paintball. A (toy) gun feels like an extension of my own body. But when it comes to video games, i am pretty much a disaster. haha so video game playing and use of a fire arm do not correlate. Im sure some of these x-box prodigies couldn't perform in the intensity of a battlefield. But when under the protection of remote viewing and controll they are gold.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Sould i lol?
cnn?
We all know the myths that the media all around the world has created about videogames and the batlle´s between both:
"videogames make kids into killing machines"
"videogames are for kids"
"videogames dumb you down"
" only objective of a videogame is kill kill kill"

I would be more worried with the idiotic, patriotic propaganda videos that kids see and that are used to fool idiots in joining the USA army.

OH, and dont forget metal turns you into a satan lover who likes to kill people.

[edit on 20-10-2008 by dracodie]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by adrenochrome

and why is keeping mortality high a good thing? i understand that they're saying overpopulation's becoming a problem, but there's more than plenty of everything to go around if it weren't for a greedy few...

My faith tells me that we are here for the challenge and to learn. Even if it takes a million lifetimes. That is what i meant by that.

If the world were perfect, there would be no reason to be here. But, if it were, there would be no need for war. Unfortunately, reality isn't so.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join