It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Middle America Nationalism

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by southern_Guardian

Good post, there is nothing wrong with questioning your government.

The far-left is just as bad as the far-right. This country needs some overhauling and the Dems or Repubs aren't going to change a thing. If they did they may lose some power and they aren't willing to risk rocking the boat.

Only having two parties that are powerful enough to get the medias attention and the money to make a run for POTUS is the major problem.

I bet they have an agreement to share the presidency so that they don't open the door to new parties.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by drock905

I agree, I in no way intend to leave the dems completely out but I tell ya, the overwhelming nationalist arrogant movement I see where calling you fellow countryman "anti-america, troop hater" comes from former Bush supporters now Palin/mccain supporters. It is SICKENING.

This attitude has only further divided our nation... I cannot believe folk can say such things... I mean its just like 1930s Germany and I am shocked that after these last 5 years following Iraq people would have learned that such ignorance never helped anything.

I dont blame hyou for being untrusting of both parties but Im sorry, all I see is rightwing folks saying these things.. I just saw Bechman on CNN the other day with THESE SAME COMMENTS, Palin said the SAME thing at the rally about "how some parts of america are more patriotic and american that others".. I mean this is just unacceptable...

This nationalist attitude is as much worrying to me as it is angering..

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by southern_Guardian

I hear what you're saying. You make valid points, but I will again point out that directing blame, (or even 3/4 of it), into a stereotyped group of people is just as dangerous as the very things you have accused them of.

The "bigger picture" I mentioned in my initial post wasn't addressed, and let me clarify. Think for a moment, and put aside your anger....everyone knows there is a third power at play here, outside of the democrats and republicans. They are silent, but they are far more powerful than any "perceived" power of the people by being able to vote in elected officials. I see this play out every election, and NEVER are the main issues ever addressed - NEVER! If they mention them, then the issues are glossed over in some wordy ego-stroke, to make the public believe their concerns have been met. Both sides are guilty of this.

But then comes the negative campaign ads from both sides, and it gets the public riled up about issues that detract away from the ones that are the most detrimental. My child, who knows virtually nothing about politics, and does not know who we are voting for, noticed this last week. He turned to me, (he's only 8 years old), and says, "I've got a bad feeling about this. Something bad will happen no matter who gets elected." Stunned at his clarity and ability to see through the BS that most adults get hung up on with emotional firestorms of debate, I looked at him and agreed. There's something intrinsically deep that resonates within all of us when we know "something wicked this way comes".

So, McCain owns 8 houses (or whatever), and Obama owns 7, (not sure of the exact numbers here, but I only own one, and so they all are out of touch with "middle America" in my book). Biden is loose at the lips and imbedded in corrupt Washington. Palin has her own questionable practices and tactics. NONE of them have addressed my issues, to be honest. I'm pissed off that millions of letters were written to our officials about the bail out plan, and they passed it anyway. One only has to notice that the "elite owned" media only covers two candidates and conveniently leaves out the other parties running for office. This tells me very clearly that the democrats and republicans are both doing deals with the devil, and keeping all of us in the dark by promoting the bickering and finger pointing that everyone gets so riled up about. The "enemy" isn't a political party, my friend.

I am proud to be an American and to live in a country as blessed as this. Overall, the people are gracious, kind, caring, giving, and loving. I believe that our democracy NEEDS varied opinions to balance the rule of the country, but our officials bicker like children and don't know the meaning of compromise or how to work with each other in order to keep peace in our land. Our founding fathers understood this principle, but as the generations passed, bad habits turned into chaos. This filters down to you and I, and everyone else who spends countless hours on placing blame and voicing their angered opinions. Whom does this help exactly? The only flaws we have are the same flaws every other country has at present - too much control has been given to financial institutions with not enough "good" politicians in office to change it, and the world economy is heaving.

As long as we keep thinking the fault lies within a single person or a single party, we will continue to be the idiots they think we are - watch and see. In a few months, all this nonsense will seem like child's play when we are faced with something far more detrimental to our country, (worse than 9/11). They're already alluding to it in the media, but this only clarifies what many people have been suspecting for quite some time. Will political parties really matter? I think it will come down to our ability to see past the BS and quit being puppets.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
SG is the man!

Amen

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join