It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MARMITE!!!! The most vile or the tastiest food product ever.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Where to begin, i hate marmite with a passion. I think it is Bin Ladens food of choice.lol. Yet my mate loves the stuff.

Whats your experience with Marmite.....

Others may know this product as Vegimite.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
When I was still in South Africa I used to like it. You have to use very little or else the taste becomes too much to handle. It's like nothing out there and I liked spreading it thinly on toast a few times a year. It's definitely an acquired taste and quite delicious if used properly.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
It has to be one of the most vile, disgusting, revolting, putrid things I have ever stuck in my mouth!!! I would rather clean all the bathrooms in Grand Central Station with my tongue than to put that in my mouth again!!!! YUCK! to the nth degree!!!!!

[edit on 19-10-2008 by JaxonRoberts]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Vegemite is an aquired taste, but if you have it on toast, use it sparingly and have heaps of margarine!!

THAT is the best way.

Fox.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
BLECHHHHH!! **spit!**

The most EVIL!! substance ever concocted....tis truly the food of Satan....I've never tasted it on it's own, cos I can't even bear the smell, or the sight of the jars, and I don't know how anyone would want to aquire a taste for it. My ex used to flavour casseroles and chillies with it, and I could STILL taste it. I think it's why we split up actually.

Gotta go clean my teeth now......

Cait

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
i totaly agree. it is the most evil and vile substance known to man. Yet i have seen my mate trowl it on toast, i cant watch him eat it as the memory of that first encounter makes me wretch.
Marmite should be classified as a danger to mankind for ever.lol.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
You think that Marmite or Vegemite is disgusting, there are worse products out there and they are made from worse things than yeast extract.

Need some examples??

Cheers, Fox.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
what are your other food nasties.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
OK...

A smallish list:

Hot Dogs and other products containing manufactured meat.

You do realize that all manufactured meat products contain off cuts and other parts of the animal, these parts are not pleasing too the eye to warrant putting them on the plate, and why waste perfectly good edible parts of the animal? (Hint: If you want good sausages, buy from a butcher, the butcher does't buy the entire carcass, if you know what I mean.)

Any type of puree.

Why bother pureeing a fruit or vegetable for human consumption?
Convenience? Yes and no.
I've seen first hand what goes into tomato purees, they puree those things so you don't see what gets puree'd at the same time.

Bonox or Bovox(?)

Black Pudding. Why would you eat that?

Bacon from McDonalds.

KFC.

Fish Fingers. (Cat food contains more fish...seriously.)

Meat pies. By law they only need to contain %5 meat products.

Haggis?? Why????? ewww. lol.

Small list, but a list all the same, if I can be bothered I will supply links at a later time, it's 4AM here.

For all of you Eco people I would strongly suggest looking up about the white fish and salmon content of cat food in relation too fish stocks.

Discredit me all you want, but when things are mass produced by companies, there is no such thing as being picky about the ingredients.

Cheers, Fox.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
My mate, marmite.

Another great product from yeast, beer being the first.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Marmites deace!
Put it on your toast or my fav is to spread it on bread add a layer of chips/crisps over top add another layer of cheese put another slice of bread on top and microwave that badboy.For maximum enjoyability serve with a nice cool glass of coke.Cant beat it for after work munchies

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a thin layer of vegemite on toast, and a thin slice of cheese.

mmm, delish.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Marmite,sorts the men from the boys so it does.

truly a food worthy of my nobel tastebuds to fap over. Great for a hangover,thinly spread on toast.

end.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Marmite is the devils food, it belongs in the 9th level of hell and those who like it are showing a level of bad taste rarely seen outside of the korean penchant for dog.

Whilst the actual process is secret, the general method for making yeast extract on a commercial scale is to add salt to a suspension of yeast making the solution hypertonic, which leads to the cells shrivelling up; this triggers "autolysis", in which the yeast self-destructs. The dying yeast cells are then heated to complete their breakdown, after which the husks (yeast have thick cell walls which would detract from the smooth texture of the final product) are separated out. As with other yeast extracts, Marmite contains free glutamic acids, which are analogous to monosodium glutamate (MSG).

wiki

My loathing of this vile substance is unsurpassed by any other food, and I would rather eat my own faeces after sprinkling it liberally with dog vomit.

I guess you could say I am in the "hate it" camp

My GF on the other hand, loves it.

When she eats it, she knows she's going to get no "budski love" that day so she eats it sparingly as a special treat, and never around me, as I am quite likely to vomit from the smell alone.

We have a very special relationship

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Mate, i completly see where you are coming from. This product had to have been produced in the bowels of hell by the Devil himself.

This evil substance needs to be wiped off the face of the earth.

This is why i will start a new campaign. Marmite H.A.T.E, Have All Traces Eradicated.lol

This is a conspiracy by the yeast farmers to rule the world. it must be stopped........

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I absolutley lurve marmite!!!

MARMITE

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by _Volt_

Seem to be more haters than lover so far, I loooooooooooooooooooove my mate marmite.

Weird I'm one of 5 kids and the oly one that likes it, my own kids have never had it and hate it.

Marmite flavour Crisps (potato chips) MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM !

I've recently got hooked on Reggae Reggae Sauce, yumeee and have now started to cook my meals to with it, Levi Roots is god.

DANGEROUS FOOD
Any type of sausage !!!!!! eater beware

I have made millions of sausage, every sensible parent should go check out SODIUM NITRATE a preservative in sausage one of many engredients along with the other crap passed off as meat.

Never mind getting kids to steer clear of ciggarettes, it's the sausage they despeately need to avoid.
Have a glass of water with some sodium nitrated couple of times a week, see how you feel or how long it is before you develope a tumor.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
reply to post by _Volt_

Seem to be more haters than lover so far, I loooooooooooooooooooove my mate marmite.

Weird I'm one of 5 kids and the oly one that likes it, my own kids have never had it and hate it.

Marmite flavour Crisps (potato chips) MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM !

I've recently got hooked on Reggae Reggae Sauce, yumeee and have now started to cook my meals to with it, Levi Roots is god.

DANGEROUS FOOD
Any type of sausage !!!!!! eater beware

I have made millions of sausage, every sensible parent should go check out SODIUM NITRATE a preservative in sausage one of many engredients along with the other crap passed off as meat.

Never mind getting kids to steer clear of ciggarettes, it's the sausage they despeately need to avoid.
Have a glass of water with some sodium nitrated couple of times a week, see how you feel or how long it is before you develope a tumor.

Marmite crisps are amazing, trouble is I can't seem to find them in any shops in the city where I live? They haven't been
have they?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
My dear misguided friend, i see those evil doers at the marmite factory have brainwashed yet another poor soul.

Thanks to Marmite H.A.T.E, Marmite crisps are no longer available in th UK.lol.

But for all the lovers and the haters this site is for you.

www.ilovemarmite.com...

www.ihatemarmite.com...

Enjoy..........

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by AmbroseRokewood
My dear misguided friend, i see those evil doers at the marmite factory have brainwashed yet another poor soul.

Thanks to Marmite H.A.T.E, Marmite crisps are no longer available in th UK.lol.

But for all the lovers and the haters this site is for you.

www.ilovemarmite.com...

www.ihatemarmite.com...

Enjoy..........

I think I should plant a marmite bomb in Parliment then and when it explodes evertone will get covered in yummy marmite!!!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join