It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MARMITE!!!! The most vile or the tastiest food product ever.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
You sick, sick man.lol

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by _Volt_

Well you just cooked your goose by there mate, you realise Echelon may not recognise Marmite, but will most definately flag up B**b and P*******t that are in the same paragraph.

Hope you have'nt rented V for Vendetta or paid a vistit to Alex Jones of late, 28 days is still a long freaking time lol.

By the way marmite on toast plays hell with my gums in that, too much makes them itch like an essex girl on monday morning, anyone else get that?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
We've got a regular supply of the Walkers Marmite crisps in the vending machines at work ... they're awesome!
Love it on toast! It also makes a REALLY good gravy for vegetarians - add a little at a time to a basic white sauce and viola! (careful how much you add as too much will make it overpowering!)

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I think some people on here need to MAN UP and stop being so nambypamby.
Eeewww i dont like marmite its yukky or OMG it tastes so strong it offends my moufy.
HARDEN UP!

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
reply to post by _Volt_

Well you just cooked your goose by there mate, you realise Echelon may not recognise Marmite, but will most definately flag up B**b and P*******t that are in the same paragraph.

Hope you have'nt rented V for Vendetta or paid a vistit to Alex Jones of late, 28 days is still a long freaking time lol.

By the way marmite on toast plays hell with my gums in that, too much makes them itch like an essex girl on monday morning, anyone else get that?

SO how long will I have to wait for them to come and bash my door down then?

Anyways, I have that problem too, too much marmite and the roof of my mouth starts to hurt and feel tight.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Greetings guys, I'm from Canada and have never heard of Marmite of Vegemite. I'm sure its around on the shelves, I just have never noticed it.

I am very open to trying new things, so I'm gonna give these a shot.

Are there any nutritional benefits to eating this? High in protein or something?

Or is it just another filler?

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by GioTheGreek
Greetings guys, I'm from Canada and have never heard of Marmite of Vegemite. I'm sure its around on the shelves, I just have never noticed it.

I am very open to trying new things, so I'm gonna give these a shot.

Are there any nutritional benefits to eating this? High in protein or something?

Or is it just another filler?

It has vitamins and minerals in it, as well as being a yeast extract product that tastes amazing!!

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Forgive me if Im wrong but Marmite and Vegemite arent the same thing. Well they are, but they arent if you get me...

Ah what the hell, they both taste like complete #e

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I love marmite, vegemite and the similar brands.

Weirdly, up until a few years ago, I hated them but one day, I had a really odd yearning for them even though I knew I wasn't keen. I bought a jar and it was like manna from heaven. It was a like something clicked inside and since then I've really loved them.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Don't like marmite.....but LOVE Vegemite...!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I would have to say...Vegemite is Truely a gift from the Angels....!!!!!!!
:!

It's best eaten by the spoonfull...straight from the jar!

Vegemite...contains vitamin B....
Helps you utilise the energy in carbohydrates,fat & protein.
Helps maintain the nervous & digestive system.

And full of folate....great for expectant mums!!!!

Also another great way to have the angels gift.....
mix a teasppon of vegemite into a cup of hot water.....
makes a quick cup of beef like, cup of soup!

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I am a real lover of marmite, but I am also a "shunner" of majour branding, labels and over-packaging.

I recently had a jar of the new "squeezy" marmite with an anti-drip nozzle......rubbish! Ive never made such a mess!

I'll go back to the stupid-can't-get-my-knife-into-the-corners version and use my little finger to empty the damn thing.

Great taste, crap jar, too expensive.....but great with oodles of butter in a toasted pitta dribbling over your fingers....YUM!

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I have never had Marmite, but I love Vegemite so if they are the same I guess I would love Marmite as well. There is nothing quite like hot bread straight from the oven with butter and vegemite...mmm.

There is another product too...Promite. Looks like Vegemite but tastes completely different. Promite is not too bad but it has nothing on Vegemite.

Ahh Vegemite..."It puts a rose in every cheek!" haha

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I just had to put this in here:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
It's kinda ironic really. You see today I had a friend of mine order a jar of Vegemite for me. I've never had it myself so judging from this thread I'll end up either loving it or hating it. It seems that I'll just have to find out. I'll let you people know.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Just use it sparingly the first time you try it. Its pretty strong so dont slather it on like nutella or peanut paste.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
i have recently come across the most evil book in the world, written by Satan himself. The Marmite cookbook.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I would call it Mar#e.....makes me sick....and I can eat almost anything...

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
A small update. Due to a minor bit of confusion when I had my friend order the stuff it turns out that I have a jar of Marmite and not Vegemite. I have opend the jar and sniffed it. However I have a seriously reduced sense of smell in comparison to a normal person so it didn't affect me very much. I haven't eaten any of it yet. That will come in the future. I am definitely going to go very sparingly with it on toast. Taking a hint I think I'll also pick up plenty of butter and cheese (which should be no problem since I'm in Wisconsin) and approach the entire project with all due caution. (chuckle)

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I LOVE MARMITE!!!!!!!!!

Like goatscheese, you either love it or hate it, that's for sure.
Much better than Vegimite.
Vegimite is like south african Milo it tastes stale.
Milo is meant to be chocolate..........

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I LOVE marmite on toast!

Nothing like the feeling of eating marmite on toast, then sipping tea! It makes Tea even more enjoyable!

This thread reminds me, gonna have some now muahahahahaha!

[edit on 30-3-2009 by _Phoenix_]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join