It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I will be homeless

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Amateratsu,

Do you have a paypal account?

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Wow..this guy is be put on the streets and all you say is you're sorry. Oh common guys. Isn't there anybody thta can offer him and his fiance a stay to bridge till he gets back on his feet. YOU CAN STAY WITH ME. IM ME. I don't know where you live, but if you can make it to my place, I'll help as much as I can. I've been there and was helped. What comes around goes around. I am not sorry about your situation. I am pissed off. Nobody needs to be homeless. That's crap. What a great community. All you can do is be sorry?. I am too for all your ignorance on ATS.

EDIT: just saw Truth Tellits post. NICE ONE. I am not rich, but IM me for paypal account. Every cent helps.

[edit on 19-10-2008 by Benarius]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

Good luck buddy, I am sure this is happening for a reason that will present itself at some point.

My thoughts are with you.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Benarius

Nobody needs to be homeless. That's crap. What a great community. All you can do is be sorry?. I am too for all your ignorance on ATS.

Have you considered that many of us are in hard times and that the users on ATS replying to this thread may not have the means to take another person under their roof? Or perhaps that all of us do not have the bravery you possess and while saddened for this individual are weary of inviting a complete stranger they met off the internet into their home? If that makes us lesser than you then that is something I’m willing to live with.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

Wow, that fast.....

Thanks for stating the obvious. Where would we be without you.

Edit: Your name is ..... Why?

[edit on 19-10-2008 by TruthTellist]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthTellist

Wow, that fast.....

Thanks for stating the obvious.

Disappointed I had to. Clearly it was not obvious to the other poster, or he wouldn’t be chastising a community of people he doesn’t know personally so ridiculously. For all this poster knows the people he/she chastises could already have needy people in their homes.

Where would we be without you.

I couldn’t tell you for sure, seeing as how I am here.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Amateuraso, all I will say is that I'm sorry that you were just trying to keep in touch with friends here, and all of a sudden had to go through being attacked and defend your position.
To those members.. I truly thought we ALL were a higher class of people here.
You missed the point of the OP entirely.
Good luck to you my dear.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Sorry rapinbatsisaltherage, I have no time to waste my thoughts at your post.

It's time to show leaders we can do what they do.
Bailing out banks for them.
Bailing out people for us.

Too much talk, too little action...

In the end its either all against each other or all with each other.

What do you want it to be?

One thing to rapinbatsisaltherage....
....naaaahh..just can't think of anything to say...

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by governmentsecrets
if you're able to post on here, and spend doubtless hours online, then i'm sure you can find a job doing data entry, entry level clerical or filing work. you have no sympathy from me. you're just waiting for someone to give you what you think you deserve.

educate yourself. then you will have no limits. but then again, its just easier to complain and play the victim, isn't it?

I have explained but NEVER complianed.

The whole point to this thread was to let my ATS friends know why I must unplug.

Frankly, who needs your sympathy?

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Get a Paypal Account. No money needed. Get a free www.ustream.tv ustream dot TV account and associate your ustream tipjar with your paypal. Donations can be accepted.

we can all use a little help. for it is greed and hoarding that put us in the mess we are in.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I just can't get this out of my head. It's who I am. It's what I experienced.
I am not writing this to make friends or foes. I usually don't write much as
I don't consider myself to be very articulate in the spoken and writen language. English is my second language.

The title of this post is "I will be homeless" and inside the OP is saying goodbye.
For good or just for a while, we don't know.

When I read something like that, I put myself into that persons shoes. Where am I gonna sleep? Where can I store my things? What am I gonna eat or drink? How do I get out of this mess? I know there is a way. I know this is just temporary. I hope it is. I know it is. Why me? There must be a reason for this. It can't get any worse. It can only get better from now on.
etc. etc. etc.

I've been there, I've done it...

...how ???

Before I explain how, let me get this straight. If you think it's their own responsibility and actions that got them there in the first place, you're right. I myself needed to get to that conclusion. That's the most important mindset for a new start. Anology: an alcoholic
can only be cured if he knows and admits that he's an alcoholic.

Now, how did I get back on track?

...with a lil help of my friends, including strangers.

It was hard. I wasn't begging (not directly). I always felt like I was the scum of the world, worthless and guilty as charged. But what was I supposed to do. Stick my head into the sand.

My advice:

1. Ask for help, no matter how hard it is.
2. Accept the current situation and make the best out of it.
3. Never get used to it, always remind yourself that you want your previous life back.
4. You're not a lesser being and don't let yourself be treated as one.
5. You're not the only one, as you'll see soon when waiting in lines.
6. You'll meet others like you with whom you'll share experiences.
7. Get together with those who have the same urge to get back to their lifes.
8. Stay away from the hopeless (alcoholics, druggies,...)
9. Never forget the people who'll help you. The chances you can return the favours are slim as you maybe never meet them again. But once you're back again, help others.
10. Don't do everything for money, just because you need money.
11. Keep reminding yourself that this is lifes hardest lesson and learn from it.

I am sure we all can think of more.

I can't do much to help. I also can't help everybody. Just because something seem hopeless, doesn't meam you have to ignore it.

The question here is not if we should or should not help? The answer to that is clear.
The question is "HOW?".

This post is not meant to pearonize the OP or anybody. I also don't wanna play the big messiah. I just like to see people think of solutions.

I apolgize accusing ATS members of being ignorant. I hope this thread just might have started something constructive...let's see what good comes of it.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Sad and very hard situation to be in. I live outside Philly and if need be my door is open for Temp shelter in your journey. I have been on the streets many times, and I know that even if its for just a night a nice place to sleep safely makes a huge difference in your attitude to get life moving forward again.

Prayers and Blessings in your journey to enlightenment.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Just a Suggestion/Question:

Does anyone know of any reliable sites that pay you to do surveys or anything like that?
(and I mean reputable sources that you have used yourself and have actually gotten paid)

It would be nice if anyone knows any that deposit the payment into your paypal account.

I think we might be able to use this to help out Amateratsu get a place to stay for even a week.

*Please don't attack me for this suggestion, this would only be for those of us who are familiar with and like the OP. I'm not asking anyone for anything - this is just another idea for those of who are interested in helping Amateratsu.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Hello from scandinavia!

I'm praying that things will turn out OK for you guys!

It's just sad to read some of the posts in your thread from people with hearts of stone.

In my opinion! from what has been written here in this thread already!

1. Relocate temporarily to someplace warmer (escape wintertime), to ride out this financial storm.

(It's always easier for city people to get back on the feet's when you don't need to fight a cold climate) It takes a lot of energy to keep the body stay warm and the cold at bay! (more money!)

2. Move temporarily somewhere, where you know that they are hiring people.
(See the post about the oil-boom in North Dakota for an example)

3. Try to find a cheap Japonese station wagon of good quality with low gas milage (Nissan or Toyota or other?)

(A station wagon could give you temporarily (sleeping) shelter and the means to transport yourself to any place that offers work)

All we can pray for now, is that things doesn't get any worse!

If the worldwide economy goes to hell in a depression, a lot of people could be in a similar situation as you guys!
(me and my family included)

I wish you both the best! take care, and good luck with the job-hunting!

(Sorry for my bad English!)

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I'm very sorry to hear about your predicament and I hope this is comething that can help you and your fiancee:

www.couchsurfing.com

I don't know if it will make a difference, but from what I understand, it's a worldwide network of people who will offer accomodations to travellers for a small fee and sometimes free.

Maybe it can help tide you guys over until you pull up out of the nose dive.

Good luck to you.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I don't know what to say! I guess im sorry this has happened to you! Just keep your head up high and see hope everywhere you go, and love will drive you and your girlfriend though and through!

I wish you luck my friend and much love xx

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
In a heartbeat, I would offer to house you, feed you until times got better, but these are empty words, for I am not in country. However, surely there are churches in your area, most do not care what religion you are, they will assist you in any way they can.
I noticied where someone offered to donate via paypal, but you declined. Why? Not sure how many users ATS has, but if each of us sent you just ONE dollar I would imagine it would be a nice sum . Perhaps all could send to one account and then Western Union you.
You could check these out
Homeless Assistance Program
More
Keep your faith what ever it is, and remember these words:
Beyond a wholesome discipline,
be gentle with yourself.
You are a child of the universe
no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
So sorry to hear of your troubles. You are one of my favorite posters.

I would be willing to chip in to help.

Good luck and keep your chin up.

[edit on 19-10-2008 by zippy1958]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Listen - anyone who can spend time posting to a internet forum while facing a future of living on the street must not really be all that concerned about their living conditions.
That or they truly need a reality check.
Come on!
Considering you’re almost homeless what are you doing on the computer posting to ATS?
Hanging out here lamenting to people who don’t know you in *real life* isn‘t going to achieve anything.
You really think peoples *best wishes* here are going to add up to something that will keep you warm at night?
No. They wont do diddley when you’re out on the street.
You might think I’m being cruel but guess what, someone has to have the sack to say it - and as unkind as it may seem - it isn’t.
Look at the bright side.
Getting away from the computer might be the best thing for you - help you get your priorities straight.

I dunno - something about this just doesn't sit well with me at all.
I've been there done that and the last place you'd find me when I should be being responsible and taking care of myself (and loved ones?) was on the bleeding computer.
Geesh, I was 14 when it happened to me and I knew better then.

Anyway, Good luck to you and I hope all works out well.

...taps...

That was my thought too. I know you are going to get flack for your post from the bleeding hearts, but I agree. What's worse is that on top of it all, their 'solution' to the problem is to basically enter a contest.

I would think most people with true concern for their living conditions would be out day and night looking for a job. It sounds harsh, I know, but somebody has to say it. OK, bring on the flames.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ldunquist

Did you read all the responses from the OP in this thread or did you just pick out the one that matched your own opinion?
UNREAL.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join