It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain Support beat with own sign by Obama supporter in NY

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
To me, this is an outrage.People speak of how the current administration is so evil and hateful and here a woman is beaten for holding a McCain sign. Is this what we want? Do we want these types of people to decide for the rest of us who the next president will be? This is not in the mainstream media since it is so left leaning and is should be.

After video of the NYC march of McCain supporters that were greeted with the middle finger and shouts and more, this is ridiculous. Oh, and remember the KILL Obama guy at the Palin rally that Obama preached about, seems that was no true either based on the fact that the USS heard nothing and the only person who seemed to hear it was the reporter to printed it....

These are scary times indeed folks. I mean, is this not how Nazi germany started????

Link to article
pajamasmedia.com...

[edit on 17-10-2008 by esdad71]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

Everything about these campaigns and this election is getting old. I hate to see what happens if the election doesn't go the way that many (on both sides) want it to go.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I remember being in NY a few years ago and there were 7 Muslims, American kids, blocks from the WTC site prophetically calling for the end of America and NO ONE but me said anything to them. Posters of the WHite house on fire...planes hitting buildings...and they got pissed at me because I spoke up.

In this case , with the sign beating, it was a WOMAN he attacked the piece of garbage. He did not even have a set big enough to attack a guy.

Maybe he did not get his pack of cigs from Acorn that morning...

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71

To me, this is an outrage.People speak of how the current administration is so evil and hateful and here a woman is beaten for holding a McCain sign. Is this what we want? Do we want these types of people to decide for the rest of us who the next president will be? This is not in the mainstream media since it is so left leaning and is should be.

After video of the NYC march of McCain supporters that were greeted with the middle finger and shouts and more, this is ridiculous. Oh, and remember the KILL Obama guy at the Palin rally that Obama preached about, seems that was no true either based on the fact that the USS heard nothing and the only person who seemed to hear it was the reporter to printed it....

These are scary times indeed folks. I mean, is this not how Nazi germany started????

Link to article
pajamasmedia.com...

[edit on 17-10-2008 by esdad71]

I don't remember it ever being this bad.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I understand that there are fringe on both sides, but this is insane. I mean, if there was a guy who attacked a black woman in Texas with an Obama sign, it would be on every major Network alongside Joe the Plumber.

This election season it has been the media that I blame. Each candidate is entitled to opinion, and so is the public. Change cannot happen overnight, or with violence. I only hope that as we draw closer it does not escalate and after November 4th, if Obama was to lose, will it be worse than the OJ verdict across the country. With incidents like this it does not seem to far fetched.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
It amazes me that no one has anything to say on this issue? Does that mean that people think that this is OK???? My god, I think I am going to move to South America....

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   

It amazes me that no one has anything to say on this issue? Does that mean that people think that this is OK???? My god, I think I am going to move to South America....

I don't believe any kind of violence or obscene gestures have any place in a presidential election. To be beaten for holding a McCain sign? That's ridiculous, honestly, isn't freedom of speech, expression, even who you vote for respected at all anymore? There is no way anyone can say this wasn't out of line.
But, when incidents like this happen, you can't judge what the minority fringe does and try to compare them to the rest.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I am making no comparison and explained that their is fringe but where is Cindy Sheehan when we need her...LOL...the media was out in arms in front of Joe the Plumbers house but I have yet to see ONE media outlet contact or camp out in front of the Ayers or Wrights house to confirm allegations that many people know are true.

The media and money will win this election and that is a sad time in this country when it should be the people who are making the decsions, not CNN, FoxNews and the NYT.

The Obama campaign I feel should address this issue and not attack a single dad who is trying to do what Obama is promoting and that is attaining the American dream of working for yourself and providing for your family.

they are attacking this guy for 1200 in back taxes when there are thousands of foreclosures a day and billions in credit debt.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   

I am making no comparison and explained that their is fringe

Yeah, I was aware. Just got into a groove and felt it needed to be said again

Joe the plumber is already in the dead horse category for me, I was sick of hearing about him in the debate and I continue to be sick of him.
I was also surprised there wasn't a camp out in the yards of Ayers and Wrights homes. I guess what they have to say isn't as important as what a 'plumber' has to say. How the media operates just perplexes me.

The whole tax thing is obviously an easy target, seriously, i'm sure there are plenty of people out there with about that or even more in back taxes.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
It is not Joe the Plumber but what was said by Obama that is scary. He is basically saying there is no reward for hard work but that is what he is promoting...strange....

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Their outrage is only enticed when its a Republican they can accuse of being a racist or neo-nazi. You must understand that because of our media's indoctrination of the public, outrage must meet certain criteria, or fit a certain narrative. For example, since the victim is white and a Republican, she deserves it. Thus it does not deserve outrage. Like someone else said, if she were black it would be proof that McCain is Hitler reincarnated.

[edit on 18-10-2008 by Marcus Calpurnius]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   

of course it's wrong and the guy should be arrested for assault. what...you think liberals condone this? see...this is where you republicans start making things up. somehow if all democrats don't immediately go on the TV and say how terrible this is, they don't care that this took place. the real problem is that the republicans have rhetorically shouted "wolf" so many times that people just don't want to hear it any more, even if it's true. republicans have dug their own hole, and they need to put down the shovel.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

of course it's wrong and the guy should be arrested for assault. what...you think liberals condone this? see...this is where you republicans start making things up. somehow if all democrats don't immediately go on the TV and say how terrible this is, they don't care that this took place. the real problem is that the republicans have rhetorically shouted "wolf" so many times that people just don't want to hear it any more, even if it's true. republicans have dug their own hole, and they need to put down the shovel.

So now you are going to blame a defenseless old lady for the actions of an out of control lunatic simply because she is a Republican?

Look at the size of that fat sack of crap, beating a helpless old woman with a stick, and you blame her for being part of a political party that "cries wolf" (whatever that means)?

Have people absolutely lost their freakin minds? This is insane. There is no excuse for this goon's actions...none...zero...zilch. I dont care if she was carrying a cardboard cutout of Satan himself.

What kind of lunatic beats up a frail old woman in broad daylight for doing nothing more than supporting a rival political party?

These are some sad and effed up times we are living in...I gotta say.

And the worst part is there were probably a dozen or more people who stood by and watched it happen and did nothing.

Pathetic

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
As usual, no comments from the liberal crowd on this board. They have nothing to say because they can't spin this one their way.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
There are pathetic things being done by supporters of both side.

Maybe we all should admit to the above.

I recall Obama supporters posting threads about McCain supporters shouting or doing ugly things. Now the shoe is on the other foot. It still doesn't mean a thing because both sides are wrong for accusing each other anyway. All it does is enflame and highlight the event more. This is dangerous cause somebody craving attention might find these kind of violent or uncalled for acts as a great opportunity to garner that attention.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
republicans have dug their own hole, and they need to put down the shovel.

Uhhh...interesting comment. I can see maybe it wasn't really the attackers fault, just what those republicans have coming huh? That woman deserved to be beaten on the street, yup, and the woman that had her face cut, well she probably deserved it too.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Obamaphilia is getting out of control. Someone else had a B carved in their face with a knife.. what's next? And this is all before the election?! Jesse Jackson might just get his way if Obama does lose. He's a 33rd degree mason if anyone cares (JJ).

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MetatronCubensis
Obamaphilia is getting out of control. Someone else had a B carved in their face with a knife.. what's next? And this is all before the election?! Jesse Jackson might just get his way if Obama does lose. He's a 33rd degree mason if anyone cares (JJ).

Sooooo, that means he's going to release all the ghoulies from Nightmare Hall out of Dulce if Obama loses and tell them to go out and make hell? Or perhaps he and Farrakhan could come up with a virus that targets Republicans.

new topics

top topics

join