It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3d scary stuff from Wayne

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
INSECTOID (mudbox 2009 screenshot with post FX)

Spiker

Reptilian Head

Click on images to see full size.

Some recent stuff of mine..the last 2 were done as part of mudbox 2009's beta testing. The 1st is a current work in progress and is a screenshot (yes it is really just a screenshot) from mudbox 2009 with some post effects in combustion. (For those interested.)

I haven'tbeen able to show much of my other stuff as it was all either for client, or my book I had released a couple of weeks back. So now I fully intend to make up for it.

Enjoy

Wayne...

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Very cool works! I thought you used Zbrush? I have Mudbox but only played with it for a day. I like Zbrush a lot but my computer cant handle high sub divisions. Does Mudbox handle higher renders better than ZBrush?

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Cool!!!...Just keep it at your house...........lol.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Optix
Very cool works! I thought you used Zbrush? I have Mudbox but only played with it for a day. I like Zbrush a lot but my computer cant handle high sub divisions. Does Mudbox handle higher renders better than ZBrush?

I use and train people in both (in fact my ZBrush Book 'Essentail ZBrush' and the Mudbox 'QuickStart' free video series for autodesk were released the same week totaly by chance) Zbrush although a production tool is aimed squarely at the hobbists, where as mudbox 2009 is a hardcore production tool. It wipes the floor with any polycounts for the same models I can get in zbrush (on a 64 bit vista system with 8 gigs of ram). The drawback..you have to have a recent pc to run it effectively.

I was on the beta for mudbox, 2k9 and actually did a load of videos that autodesk asked me to make to train the other beta testers on how to get the best Mudbox 2009. So you could say I'm so attractive to companies as I'm the only man to know both app's like the back of my hand along with asociated pipelines. I've wrote and done training on both and still do.

I suppose the above is a very long winded way or saying 'yes, but I also use mudbox' lol.

Wayne...

[edit on 18/10/2008 by the secret web]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Wow, that is really cool! Thanks for the info on that. When i get a better system i will then try out the new Mudbox.

I am just a novice at ZBrush. I want to learn more about both apps though. I make quick models to do digital paint overs for my work. Like a face, if i need it in a weird perspective and just doesn't look right, etc. I use ZBrush

I did this digital painting over a simple model in ZBrush...I first made sketches and then imported the isometrics views into ZBrush ( that was quite a task) to make a model to match. I made the basic shapes then did the digital paint over.
i179.photobucket.com...

I really want learn more, as i want to do a whole comic book in 3d sometime.
I will have to check out your books for sure. Thanks for sharing your awesome works!

[edit on 18-10-2008 by Optix]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Oh matching stuff in Zbrush can be a pain in the backside at times...so all things considered give yourself a very big medal for managing it and not throwing your computer at a wall.
Check out my book and it should take you where you need to go with zbrush, but I wran you..its very long book.

Wayne...

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   

A few new ones.....

Wayne...

[edit on 1/11/2008 by the secret web]

[edit on 1/11/2008 by the secret web]

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by the secret web
Zbrush although a production tool is aimed squarely at the hobbists, where as mudbox 2009 is a hardcore production tool. It wipes the floor with any polycounts for the same models I can get in zbrush (on a 64 bit vista system with 8 gigs of ram). The drawback..you have to have a recent pc to run it effectively.

Hi Wayne,

I've seen your stuff many times on other forums. I'm curious about this info?

Don't know what "Hobbist" is? Perhaps a character from Middle Earth mayhaps? :w: tongue in cheek Wayne, tongue in cheek.

In ZBrush I can work with about 6 million poly's per subtool on a 32 bit machine without any real slowdown. A few more utilizing ready boost. I'm getting ready to upgrade a machine to a Asus 2 Striker Extreme main board with a Core 2 Extreme Quad 3.2 and 8 gigs DDR3 1800 RAM. Keeping in mind what you said I'm wondering if I'd see a useful poly count capability over ZBrush to justify the purchase.

I got turned off by the Mudbox crowds tactics before it was first released. I prefer that companies prove themselves with a superior product rather than negative viral marketing. My opinion of course.

I've never had an opportunity to try Mudbox and I'm getting curious about it. I do only stills and have no interest in animation so its modeling capabilities and poly counts are of major interest. How does its polypainting compare or does it have that feature?

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by the secret web

I realize most posts here are regarding the tools used to create the images, but as someone who knows very little about it - awesome stuff. I am wondering if any of these have made it to film?

ColoradoJens

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

I'm never allowed to show the stuff I work on for clients as everything is covered under none disclosure agrements...some for a few months or a year and other indefinately. These are just spare time doodles I do to unwind.

Wayne...

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
* hides behind the couch*

Hats off to you !! That is some major talent!! Very cool and realistic.... Now, are they gone yet?? lol

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

In ZBrush I can work with about 6 million poly's per subtool on a 32 bit machine without any real slowdown. A few more utilizing ready boost. I'm getting ready to upgrade a machine to a Asus 2 Striker Extreme main board with a Core 2 Extreme Quad 3.2 and 8 gigs DDR3 1800 RAM. Keeping in mind what you said I'm wondering if I'd see a useful poly count capability over ZBrush to justify the purchase.

I got turned off by the Mudbox crowds tactics before it was first released. I prefer that companies prove themselves with a superior product rather than negative viral marketing. My opinion of course.

I've never had an opportunity to try Mudbox and I'm getting curious about it. I do only stills and have no interest in animation so its modeling capabilities and poly counts are of major interest. How does its polypainting compare or does it have that feature?

Put it this way on my rig I can get 100 million polygons (during the beta testig other guys got higher than that)and only 28 million in zbrush (no point going to HD geometry as its not possible to extract a map from it.) on a 64 bit system. Whereas with zbrush texture painting is vertex based (meaning you must have at the very least a polygon for each pixel of your map) mudbox isn't....so you wont need to go into silly polycounts to get a sharp texture unlike zbrush.

When mudbox 1st launched, like any start up company they had to let peole know that they existed, so they made undoubtedly the biggest splash by rounding up the best artists they could and letting them loose in mudbox. Which isnt differnt to what pixologic did wiht zbrush when it first came out.....marketing is part of 3d.

So there's no reason you shouldn't get better polycounts than me as your processor will be slightly more powerful. But remember mudbox is not a magic wand and looks far easier to learn than it actually is if you are going to get the very best performance out of it. Also keep to nvidia graphcs card for mudbox, 8 series or higher (I ahve a 1gig 9800GT).

Take a look at autodesk's 'the area' site (or a few other places) for the videos I did for autodesk on mud.... combined with the main mudbox section of autodesks site and you should have all the info you need.
Hope that helps.

Wayne...

[edit on 11/11/2008 by the secret web]

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SugarJ
* hides behind the couch*

Hats off to you !! That is some major talent!! Very cool and realistic.... Now, are they gone yet?? lol

Well there are more coming this way soon.

Wayne...

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
[align=center]
[/align]

For those who wonder how stuff like this get's made, here's a timelapse of a quick 20 minute doodle from a couple of nights back. I speeded the 20 mins up to 5 mins to hopefully make it less like watching paint dry.
Again its not a erious model, just a doodle I did to relax after a hard day.

Enjoy

Wayne...

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Great stuff there. I definitely think the sculptural approach appeals to me more than trying to pull points or build stuff a poly at a time. I like the way you were just able to paint in the wrinkles in that last movie.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I'd just like to say a very quick merry xmas to those of you who celebtrate it and hope your 2009 is all that you want it to be.

Wayne...

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Something I started to mess around with tonight.

Wayne...

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I know you aren't meant to do one word posts, but this needs only one word - awesome!

Nice work - guess you created your Avatar too

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by MCoG1980
I know you aren't meant to do one word posts, but this needs only one word - awesome!

Nice work - guess you created your Avatar too

Thanks, yeah that one on my avatar was done ages back for an article in a 3d magazine as a tutorial. Although its not my best work I'm sort of attached to it.

Wayne...

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Something I've been messing with the last few nights that has been picked up for public use in demos and public ad stuff by nvidia and autodesk.

Wayne...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join