It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S first to send "rover", Russia: first to send man.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   
You don't have to be a genius to see it will never happen. The russians can barely supply thier parts for the space station.

See it for the internal political cattle fodder that it is.

After all that was all Bush's plan was as well, he has no intention of it ever happening, thats why it is deliberatly underfunded.

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
You don't have to be a genius to see it will never happen. The russians can barely supply thier parts for the space station.

See it for the internal political cattle fodder that it is.

After all that was all Bush's plan was as well, he has no intention of it ever happening, thats why it is deliberatly underfunded.

love the avatar NC,
russian tech is better-equipped than the american standard requires them to be,a simple fact like that could lead buyers to go to russia instead of investing twice the ammount into the american-labelled technology (originally..all chips/boards are probably made in china, taiwan, japan, you name it)
at any rate, russian technology could prove to be leading the world, given another decade or so, and you must admit that their ambition...is, unfallable

Cyrus

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I do not doubt the minds of Russian scientists. They are some of the brightest in the world. I do doubt their wallets though.

The Russians can't keep their boats from rusting and they are gunna send a man to mars? Please. How are they going to keep their men alive? With the current propulsion it would take quite a while to get to mars, and they would need to bring food, water, and air for the ride there and back. I don't see them beating the US to mars - sorry.

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Ever think that U.S. is helping russia goto mars 1st to provide an new idea an way to their nation an 2nd maybe as a ploy to jumpstart their popularity an reboot their economy, im serious i can see it now, Space Camp Russia an space mountain, it could very well be.

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I like to know how they are planning to pay for it all or is it being done with old USSR way?

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Here we go again with the arms and space race between Russia and America. Why doesn't Putin get off the ego trip and take care of his people instead putting funding towards meaningless things such as military build-up and space exploration...

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Maybe the pilot(s) of such an spacecraft will get more than 18-40 hours a year flight training, as is currently the situation within the Russian Air Force? Surely these pilots will.

i soloed in 17.2 hours of flight time, had my lisence at 32.1 hours of flight time. i was training on a cessna 150 though... just saying though, that it really doesn't take long to learn to fly.

Originally posted by Thorfinn Skullsplitter
Here we go again with the arms and space race between Russia and America.

i knew this would lead to another space race as soon as bush announced his plans. i assumed it would be with china and the US though... who knows? maybe this time around we'll have a three-fold race. either way, i'm way excited. think of all the new technology we'll come up with!

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thorfinn Skullsplitter
Here we go again with the arms and space race between Russia and America. Why doesn't Putin get off the ego trip and take care of his people instead putting funding towards meaningless things such as military build-up and space exploration...

PUBLIC MORALE

his people are doing fine, things are going uphill, and he can manage doing both.
why doesnt bush pull out of iraq for instance? because he doesnt want to admit defeat.
and knowing him? he is likely to try and win THIS space-race

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   
cmd,

i know exactly what you mean

since the first space-race, so much has been purposefully discovered...
one hopes the U.S doesnt invest in some new unstable technology though, it's been rumoured that there are new "radionuclide drives" involved that can accelerate at phenomenal rates....i shall label it a rumour (do not target me for this, i have no backup on this info because, err...i can't find the link

(sorry...just felt it important to mention this, no matter how stupid it sounds)
Cyrus

[Edited on 27-3-2004 by Cyrus]

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I still think it will be a space race between the US and China and I see that as our next major confict, sorry to say. I just don't think we will sit still when China tries to put a base on the moon.

China ain't going to mess around if you ask me. When they decide to go, they are going to throw a lot of resources at it. They have to put all those people somewhere don't they?

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I may be a new guy around here and thus dont want to make any enemies or annoy anyone but I really dont understand !

The original post was alluding to the fact that the Russian space agency are on the brink of sending a manned mission to mars. Cue lots of crowing from the originator and much defensive shots from the responders ?! Has anyone actually bothered to read the link before getting into this 'we are better than you' one-upmanship ?

The link states that the russian space agency has been planning for a manned mission to mars for thirty years ! So has NASA !

The link goes on to say that this is a GROUND BASED SIMULATION, based outside Mocow, of the projected 500 day flight and and an investigation into the effects on the occupants - who are called Investigators, not Cosmonauts !

There is NO mission to mars !!! If this is a mission then we can all go to mars. Get in ur living rooms, buy 20 crates of beer and ten packs of pringles, turn on the tv, plan not to come out for two years, and its Mars here we come

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I had a thread that was about the Russian Mars mission which can happen either 2014 or 2018.

Click on the link below for the info on Russian Mars mission.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It will cost the Russian $20 villion comparing to $150 billion that US proposed for a Mars mission. That is because the Russians want to assemble their ship in space.

Out,
Russian

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join