It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All you smarty-pants in high-school...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I hope you graduate with A.P and I.B-level courses (because HONORS aren't good enough). I hope you become valedictorian. I hope you go off to Harvard / Princeton/ Stanford/ Yale or any other IVY-LEAGUE College. I Hope you graduate with Honors and become valedictorian there, also. I hope you receive fancy and almost impossible internships. I hope you set record-shattering standards.

However, when you apply for a job to your high-ranked and famous law-firms and other dream-jobs..... I HOPE YOU GET TURNED DOWN FOR SOMEONE WHO WENT TO COMMUNITY COLLEGE!!!

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Soxgirl9

Did you miss out on a job?

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H

lol, no. I'm a senior in high school, and I'm just tired of show-offs. If you have a gift, then that's great, I'm happy for you. But when you ask me my GPA and laugh when it's not a 4.0, then get out of my face because I don't have time for arrogance. I have high honors and I'm happy with my class-rank. You may be more intelligent than I am or you may be more hard-working, and therefor, you have every right to be proud, but nobody has the right to judge others; if you're that smart to begin with, then you should already know this. There are more important things in the world like "respect", "kindness", and "common-courtesy" which is something a text book cannot teach.

I'm not saying everyone who is gifted acts like this, but this rant is based on my experiences .....

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
i hate people like that, if they ask you what your GPA is just ask them who their girlfriend/boyfriend is... that should shut them up

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   

When you do get to college Soxgirl, don't party it away. I've seen this happen far too many times.

Roper

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Roper

I second this. College is meant for academic studying to prepare your for life.

Enjoy college while you can.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Would it make you feel better to know that I had a 1.9 GPA in high school and am preparing to start my Masters Degree?

would it make you feel further better if I told you my Associates degree is from the Community College of the Air Force?

If so...then here ya go

smile and know that after a little while those hih school grades mean nothing

I haven't been asked about that in ages

-Kyo

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Here is how to get around that one. Make a C or D average in high school, then go to community college for two years. While in cc, get straight A's (It's easier than you think.) Apply for the last two years at a good university since the last two years are the ones that concentrate on your major. When you do, use the transcripts from your community college as a transfer student. My girlfriend did this, so I know it does work.

High school is only important grade wise if you want to go to an impressive school or academy.

Also, don't worry about what they are doing now. The real world is nothing like high school. Some of those really high grade makers will go to college and party like crazy there. They will fail because they forgot to study, and have to go to community college or get a job. It all works out in the end.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
If it makes you feel better, I graduated with a decent I-B score. Only to get shafted in college credits.

top topics

join