It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: Bush Impeachment Would Be 'Wonderful Thing'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Marcus

Its not the word of Stewart and Olberman I was listening to in that video. It was the words of the current administration members spewing lies or if you will contradicting themselves and each other over and over again and again. Whatever could further their agenda they came out with the flavor of the day to change the reason for being in Iraq.
You say take your word that you have knowledge and dont listen to Stewart? I heard Bush, Cheney, Rummy, Rice, and even Powell... I dont have to listen to Stewart and Olberman.

Mission Accomplished

Pegasus

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Look, I know for a fact that war in Iraq was inevitable no matter who was in Office. Bush used the over all war on terror to justify invading Iraq yes and maybe he was wrong in doing that, even though many people still agree with that point to this day, me included. Thats a completely separate thing to WMD, terrorist links and removing Saddam. Bush asked congress for the authority to do something that every prominent democrat and Republican had been saying for years previous to Bush's election. Based on intelligence that even Al Gore constantly referenced.

You can keep claiming Bush lied all you want, but nobody ever backs it up. Even in the media, its all theater. Thats why Bush will ever be impeached and why the democrats don't push for it. Because even they know, it will come back to bite them. Not ot mention the possibility to tarnishing Cliton's legacy.

[edit on 16-10-2008 by Marcus Calpurnius]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Marcus Calpurnius

The Bush Administration deliberately mislead the world with bogus information about WMDs in Iraq. That cannot be denied by anyone with a functioning brain.

This thread was about the Donald and his comments about Bush. The Democrats knew we had too many more pressing issues at hand to sink the country into meaningless impeachment hearings. What does an impeachment do? Nothing. Case in point: Bill Clinton.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Bush asked congress for authority to go into Iraq to remove Hussein? Search for WMD's? The fact is that had anyone in congress objected to the invasion they would have been painted as "unpatriotic". Remember you're either with us or against us? Which is no excuse, but the cowards decided to go along to get along so as to save their political careers.

Perhaps the same thing may have happened had the towers come down in 1993. Perhaps Clinton would have lied us into Iraq to promote regime change, or maybe because they hate our freedoms, who knows? But that wouldnt make it right either. Bush had what Clinton didnt, a tragic event to whip the country into a frenzy. To follow him blindly and to not ask questions. Text
The Dems wont push for impeachment because from what I saw they were complicit if they didnt oppose it.

Back on topic I find it more than a little curious that Trump the egomaniac is NOW saying that impeachment would be great! I have never given a tinkers damn what Trump thinks but I cant help but think that all of us including Trump are a little too late for all the soldiers and civilians who have died needlessly in Iraq.

Pegasus

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by stikkinikki

The Bush Administration deliberately mislead the world with bogus information about WMDs in Iraq. That cannot be denied by anyone with a functioning brain.

Was it a lie When Clinton, Gore, Pelilosi, Boxers, ect made the same claim? This is exactly why the democrats wont impeach him. Great brain you got there.

This thread was about the Donald and his comments about Bush. The Democrats knew we had too many more pressing issues at hand to sink the country into meaningless impeachment hearings. What does an impeachment do? Nothing. Case in point: Bill Clinton.

Oh please, what a cop out. The democrats have been in power for 2 years and done nothing but plunged us in to more trouble. How about those hearings on Freddie and fanny, "there are no problems" -Democrats

reply to post by pegasus1

Bush asked congress for authority to go into Iraq to remove Hussein? Search for WMD's? The fact is that had anyone in congress objected to the invasion they would have been painted as "unpatriotic".

Give me a break. The democrats are blameless because they might have had their feelings hurt? Thats another cop out, so that you don't have to know the fact about how we got in to Iraq. Keep fooling yourself.

Perhaps the same thing may have happened had the towers come down in 1993. Perhaps Clinton would have lied us into Iraq to promote regime change, or maybe because they hate our freedoms, who knows? But that wouldnt make it right either. Bush had what Clinton didnt, a tragic event to whip the country into a frenzy. To follow him blindly and to not ask questions. Text
The Dems wont push for impeachment because from what I saw they were complicit if they didnt oppose it.

If you remember in 1998 we almost did go in to Iraq. Why you ask? Because Saddam had been shooting at inspectors and kicking them out. The Democrats than sent Bull Clinton a letter saying they wanted him to do something about it. Bill than passed the Iraqi Regime Change bill, that made kicking out Saddam US policy.

[edit on 17-10-2008 by Marcus Calpurnius]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Im not saying the Dems are blameless.If you read my post again you can see that I said the cowards went along for fear of their political careers, not hurt feelings. In fact my mind is pretty much made up that there is enough bipartisan blame to spread around between the prior administration and the current one. The Bush administration is the one that sent us in and then changed the reason for being there time and again.

So which reason was it that we went into Iraq?

There are so many to choose from.

Im moving on, peace to you Marcus.

Pegasus

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by pegasus1

You guys keep making the claim Bush lied and yet you cannot come up with a single lie as an example. Its not just that the blame goes around, its that Bush didn't say ANYTHING that had not been said before and was not back up in the intelligence. The whole "Bush lied" argument is nothing more than political spin.

The Bush administration is the one that sent us in and then changed the reason for being there time and again.

Yet another fallacy created by the media and democrats. The reasons have ALWAYS been the same. From 1992-2008. They have never changed.

-WMD/Chance of terrorist attack using weapons.
-Saddam slaughters his own people.
-Terrorist connections/AQ training bases in Iraq (Only 1 was ever confirmed and it was Zarqawi's).
-Saddam ignored 14 resolutions, including original that ended the gulf war.
-No-Fly zone ignored
-Sanctions were breaking down

Also keep in mind the main reason we were suspicious of Saddam's WMD program, was because of the completely failed UNSCOM inspections. When it ended David Kay said, "We cannot confirm the state of Saddam's WMD programs". Was he lying?

[edit on 17-10-2008 by Marcus Calpurnius]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join