It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is for all those who have lost hope ""Please Read""

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I can prove easily trough logic reasoning there is no such thing as God or Jesus Christ. But God and Jesus are not there to be reasoned but to believed in. And because as soon as prove is given, believe changes into knowing, it will remain at believing. This believe will be tested trough anything you will encounter for the rest of your life, but my respect for you and hope your believe/faith will be rewarded.

As far as Aliens; UFO's exist, no doubt about it. Because it covers everything flying which can not be identified. But to the question if it is linked to aliens; that's another thing. Even though the chances are enormous statisticly, the chance "they" are here is limited because of the big difference in appearance and intelligence. I also would like to believe that "they" would not take any chance of contaminating us with one of their viruses of bacteria. To rule any danger out would take ages.

I don't think we will experience a visit in our lifetime, but i'm hoping!

[edit on 16/10/2008 by saturnus1962]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by expatwhite

The Bible is littered with prophecy that has come perfectly true.

Please could you list these examples of prophecy coming true???

Just 5 will do to start with

here, this will take up less bandwith:

www.aboutbibleprophecy.com...

are you serious

Sorry, you can read anything into those quotes, its exactly the same as Nostradamus

Show me ONE prophesy that specifies an event and the year. Show me the world war ones, the 9/11 ones, ANYTHING specific? Show me the ones that predict the years for the crusades? Surely they must have seen that coming in their own homeland?

Im not knocking your beliefs, but i find your statement that those prophesies are FACT just a joke and thats what annoys me about religion-if everyone worshipped in their own way and in their own home it would be fine, but they dont, they preach, whether you want to hear it or not

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfLookout
Well said. People put far too much (misplaced) hope in aliens. If they exist, they may not have humanity's best interests at heart.

Well said? HA! Then how come the Vatican says different?

Vatican: It's OK to believe in aliens
The chief astronomer says those beliefs don't contradict faith in God
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Seems they are looking for new converts

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Actually, it destroys evolutionary theory.

It does no such thing... seeing as we don't know who it was that created those prints... it might have been a visitor or even God out for a stroll on the beach. (Not that I believe evolution is the answer any more than creationism
)

All it proves is that a humanoid from SOMEWHERE was there

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellion_S

I personally think it's more sad that you pinned your hopes on this. The fact that you were going to quit your job and not deal with "assholes" anymore is scary. Its scary because you, like all the believers of Oct 14th (or hopers for a better word) were willing to stop helping the world turn just because other worldly beings arrive.

I mean really, what were you expecting? Did you think they were gonna give you money? Superpowers? Or give the whole world replicators ala star trek?

One woman said this was gonna happen, one woman, And the Internet went crazy. I may be wrong but I didn't hear of anyone else predicting this event so why did you hope for so much from some random person you don't even know?

It turned out to be a big scam, and at no surprise either. It also simply showed that anyone will part with their money in the vain hope that they will be saved by aliens, especially if the prediction sounds magical enough.

This world is full of wonderful experiences to fulfill even the most dullest of lives. We don't need aliens for that. Get out there.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

This is the first post I read that I found filled with nonsense and I don't have the time to filter through the rest of the post's becuase I got work in 8 hours.

First of all wow, where do I start with this one.

Noone actually really "needs" anything and it implies that somone cannot function without whatever it is that is "needed". In reality there is no need for anything and we will adapt to anything that is thrown at us and when we die who says we need life? Need is something that is based around a fear and is caused by a lacking. Need is an impulse, a basic one at that.

Secondly deciding wether someone thinks they need something is a poor judgment call to say the least. Only that person would know what they "need". It is also implying that a person is pathetic to the point where they "need" to beleive in things that are known to be false. But who is to say that what we are refering to is false to begin with? If you cannot be 100% sure something is true or false.. You are being possibly missleading and you are definitely ignorant, because you do NOT know.

The whole line about people giving false information is twisted and contorted in your own way to manipulate people. I'm not even gonna go there.

It has EVERYTHING to do with being open-minded. You are not open minded sir. Being open minded means you do not limit yourself.

you LIMIT yourself and draw lines in your mind of what you will allow your brain to except and what is unknown and too confusing for your brain to handle cannot be true.

And you protect yourself from wasting time? Time doesn't even exist and if your worried about other people wasting your time.. That is your own damn fault and has nothing to do with anyone eles but you!

Let me get this straight.. Your protecting yourself from wasting your own time by placing limits on how much you are willing to understand!?

and you intentional blame others for your problem.

Oh and the end adage, no longer applies to the new world.

I gotta admit, seeing all this stuff about you, makes me feel honestly bad.
Once I seen what your about, you appear very weak and frail. I'm sorry.

A man full of insecurity and ignorance.

I will not respond to your post and get into an mud tournament. I said what I need to say, just as you did.

I bet not very many people if any know my intent. I also bet it will be missunderstood, confusing and will not intice responses.

Wow I actually love myself and I feel really bad for some of the very ignorant people in this world.

I feel really good about myself for this and I love myself for it.

This time I'm sharing it with everyone.

Why do I need anyones approval. I would more happy and less lonely but oh such is the way I guess. I'm not affraid to admit these things. Because its a WORLD WIDE problem and crisis that we are all having inside. I could go on and on and rip our world inside out answering all my questions. I just feel like there could be better use for this talent. I wish I could use it to help people. That's what I was attempting today..

This post is apart of me taken inside and out from me. Respond or not, destroy or eat it up, it matters to me not. I will never change and I could care less. To the small group of people who actually appriciate this.. I give you a gentle, I love you, straight from inside my heart.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by saturnus1962

This isn't such a mystery to possibly millions by now on earth, because many people are experiencing the visitors pilating the crafts. Ufos do not occasionally tantalize us with their presence! They meddle, big time!

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkCyrus

"Me thinks thou dost protest TOO much"

The ATS motto is "Deny Ignorance" - "Not Deny Your Ignorance" ... Remember, your the one that proclaimed:

we shouldn't be afraid to be wrong or follow those who give false info

Despite your 1st class hissy fit, that sentence from your Op speaks volumes IMHO - and I thoroughly back my first post - even more so now! I was actually trying to help but your defensiveness appears to be somewhat overbearing. Take a chill pill and stop pretending to be so devout.

Also, can you please show me scientific proof that time doesn't exist whilst explaining entropy? Please back your 'facts' with data. Or is that just another manifestation of wishful thinking?

Finally, don't paraphrase so much - you tend to twist things. Try using the quote button next time mate!

IRM

[edit on 17/10/08 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
.....We interrupt your regularly scheduled belief system war for a short message:

Rational scientific investigation of UFOs--such as that spotted over Stephensville, Texas less than a year ago--has nothing to do with absurd prophecies.

Those who have confused the two, either naively or deliberately, should either stop to consider the distinction or be forced to admit it, respectively.

We should also take note of a strange union:

Channelers make stupid prophecies from their imaginations. Scientists make up 'rational' explanations for unknown phenomena from their imaginations. Both are fallacious activities. Correctness for humans generally requires hard scientific investigation with in depth experimentation and analysis. Anything less is usually garbage.

Hand waving by mystics and scientists alike is usually an excuse to maintain a world view without doing the real required work.

Now back to your never ending information war....

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atlantican
Good points, however:

When we look outward for answers it means we already know them and don't like what the answers are.

Usually when someone asks your opinion on something, they already have theirs and hope that theirs is wrong.

ET will not have answers to earthly problems, they will have a message like "First of all, you folks shouldn't be blowing each other up, fighting, scamming, lying, cheating, stealing."

We all know this and we all know that our leaders shouldn't be fighting etc.

Et will certainly not be able to intervene while there is physical resistance on all levels. It's up to us. We HAVE TO assume were are alone but live like we are being watched. If you believe in God, well, we are being watched.

ET doesn't and will not ever have the answer even if they showed up tomorrow in a light ship or dark ship or a 4 seat cessna.

thanks Atalntican this an an excellent post ,you said a mouthful

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I've lost me hope! me girl friend dumped melast nite! I don't think anyone on ATS has a girl friend xD

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Prowler_
I've lost me hope! me girl friend dumped melast nite! I don't think anyone on ATS has a girl friend xD

hmm just because people believe in and study the paranormal does not mean they are incapable of social interaction, me and my girlfriend like to talk about interesting things like this, it beats eastenders, i think you watch to much sterotyped television and also thanks for your contribution to this legitimate discusion about peoples feelings towards the notions of channeling, all i have learned is that eric idle was right. i do 'hope there is intelligent life out there, because theres bugger all down here'.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Well said? HA! Then how come the Vatican says different?

Vatican: It's OK to believe in aliens
The chief astronomer says those beliefs don't contradict faith in God
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Seems they are looking for new converts

Indeed - but my post was to do with the hope some people put in aliens coming to help us, rather than their belief in the existence of aliens. Believing in aliens is one thing, but putting all of one's hopes in them and essentially raising them to a godlike status is another.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Disappointment comes from believing in the external forces fixing your internal issues...or fixing a world that doesn't fit your view.

That would probably be the first lesson the aliens would teach you. They aren't gods, they are the same evolved stardust that we are. People fall for this thinking every election year and pin their dreams on a new candidate--pin your dreams on yourself.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Firstly, I'm of the opinion that God and Jesus Christ should never have been brought into this thread. It further confuses the issue - though, I thoroughly respect one's right to their own faith. Secondly, the fact that so many people invested so much in the October 14th visitation only proves to me that we've really witnessed the fruition of a new type of religious cult. UFO cults have been around for years but literally thousands upon thousands of people were waiting with bated breath for this visitation to occur.

Their hope - that this GFL would come and save us. Well, I've said it before here and it bears repeating - this place and our race is ours alone to save. I personally don't think we'll receive any major visitations until we are singularly capable and willing to save our planet - the plethora of life that it contains and our human race. Our great hope that they would come and save us shows us exactly how immature we are as a culture and as a race.

When we were children, we fell and scraped our knees. Dad/Mom was usually there to pick us up and kiss our hurts. However, there was another moment in our childhoods that when we fell, we were made to pick ourselves up. And the lesson of self-reliance we learned in that moment has hopefully carried us forward in our lives to this day.

We can't wait around for "Dad" (Jesus, ET) any longer. We've got to pick ourselves up, bandage our own bloody knees and get on with it. If we find ourselves waiting for rescue we'll find ourselves either waiting forever or marching towards the cliff even quicker. If we can move past the point that we need rescuing - then just maybe we'll will have proven our true worth.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
There is a connection between Jesus and the Blossom prediction kinda.

Blossom gives out a "prophecy" and it doesnt come true. People put hope in that.

Jesus predicted many things that came true, such as his betrayel, his rise again on the third day etc.

But interestingly, Jesus was asked "when will you return?". His response? (paraphrased). "no one knows the day or hour, not even the son. Only the father in heaven knows".

top topics

<< 1   >>

join