It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ignorance in America *A Must See*

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadjimagnet

brainwashing the military puts you through, so when its time, you can pull that trigger, whether it be civilians, insurgents, terrorists, etc (research McCain's mission when he got shot down if you don't mind)

That's complete BS. You don't get brainwashed. Whether it be civilians? you're talking garbage man.

Hahaha. I'll give you some links....

Brainwashing

How you get young men to kill Iraqis

More crimes by US soldiers

Racist much?

A simple google search returned this...

[edit on 17-10-2008 by ImaNutter]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by hadjimagnet

I have to agree with the brainwashing. I was in the military and there was indeed "brainwashing". I came to view the general citizenry as trashy slobs with no discipline, integrity or respect. Just seeing some people on the street, the way they talk, the way they act made me want to puke.

It took quite some time for me to reintegrate with society.

I believe it wouldn't be so difficult for them to be brainwashed to turn against their own, add fear of losing your own life... and it becomes a matter of survival.

If the troops used against us are of different nationality though, it becomes irrelevant.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Yup, stupid people have a right to express them selfs, its too bad. Oh well life goes on.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
This is really no difference than that which is on the other side of the isle. There is an ongoing thread about this same thing with Obama's side being ignorant as well.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

As an American, I believe the majority of our population is completely ignorant.

I just hope some miracle happens where Ron Paul can take the house. But no chance in that happening. American politics are like a High School Homecoming queen race. It's all popularity, and no research.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

Ha, I like the al jazeera sign off. Is it just me, or does sarah palin's whole pupose seem to be to rile up the ignorant?

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   

sums up the sentiment just about right

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Does anyone know if the reporters happened to mention to the uh...folks there at the rally they were from Aljazeera??? I would just like to know because I laughed so hard I thought I might need a doctor!

I mean wouldn't that be kinda scary to people who in their heart of hearts believe that Obama is a muslim??

You know sleeper cell white guys from Aljazeera asking them how they feel about Obama?? "Psssst Cletus these guys are not from ABC..."

[edit on 17-10-2008 by Leo Strauss]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaNutter

brainwashing the military puts you through, so when its time, you can pull that trigger, whether it be civilians, insurgents, terrorists, etc (research McCain's mission when he got shot down if you don't mind)

That's complete BS. You don't get brainwashed. Whether it be civilians? you're talking garbage man.

Hahaha. I'll give you some links....

Brainwashing

How you get young men to kill Iraqis

More crimes by US soldiers

Racist much?

A simple google search returned this...

Sorry, i'm in the military and i don't buy it. I have not been brainwashed. So a war crime committed by a few people means the are brainwashed? That has nothing to do with anything except they were messed up individuals.

Your links don't really tell much.

Originally posted by slimpickens93

I have to agree with the brainwashing. I was in the military and there was indeed "brainwashing". I came to view the general citizenry as trashy slobs with no discipline, integrity or respect. Just seeing some people on the street, the way they talk, the way they act made me want to puke.

Well, that's just the truth. That doesn't mean i would shoot my own citizens. It didn't work for Russia. It would not work in western country.

[edit on 17-10-2008 by hadjimagnet]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

Are theses people real or the Jerry Springer rejects ?

I was led yo believe that, following the demons entering the heard of swine they threw themselves off a cliff.
Clearly I was mislead as the swine seem to have moved to Ohio and have been inbreeding for centuries !

Wow that video sure put me right off bacon.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaNutter

Well, that's just the truth. That doesn't mean i would shoot my own citizens. It didn't work for Russia. It would not work in western country.

[edit on 17-10-2008 by hadjimagnet]

Yeah, you're not brainwashed... Nope, not at all.
Are you kidding? You know it's sad when they don't even know they're indoctrinated.

AAC

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I KNEW you were in the military as soon as you responded like that, but didn't mention it on the off chance I would be wrong and make a fool of myself. I also just noticed what your screen name is. Thanks for making my point for me, I just missed it the first time around. Once I realized, the first thought that came to mind was that skin head in one of those videos I posted proudly talking about he raped an Iraqi girl...

And as an aside, to kind of cover my bases, my grandfather was a career Air Force mechanic, my dad was in the Navy for 4 years as a Corpsman, my uncle spent 20 years in the Air Force and left as Aeronautical Engineer. They were intelligent men and I respect what they did. And I should point out they weren't in positions where they had to pull any triggers, they were using their brains (being a mechanic is arguable I know but he wasn't in a position to have to kill anyone). My father left after four years because he hated it and went on to burn his uniform (it was the 70s) because of the way they treated people and he thought he was worth more as a human being. He went on to have a good career as a Pathologist after going to school so no, he wasn't a worthless hippy either. So I understand that certain branches can provide a useful future for some people, but I also understand the need to train a young kid to kill people, and apparently that's the part that has escaped you. The link of the soldier that went AWOL was talking about ORDERS gave to "Kill everyone" that was not just a messed up individual, that proves that the powers that be don't give a damn about who gets killed, they just care if it gets out.

C'mon, from the second you arrive at BMT they degrade you, belittle you, TEAR YOU DOWN...so they can BUILD YOU UP how they need you.

Do you even know what hadji means?

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
There is something else going on here....yes, I admit those videos can spur emotions, and cause a lot of heads to shake.

But, one can also look to various Sports Fanatics....say 'Futbal' (or for the Americans, 'FootBall'....two different games, but both have very avid and sometimes violent fans.

This shows, mostly, the way that testerone affects otherwise normally-adjusted, civilized males.

Not sure how to account for the Female reactions, except to suppose that not all Females have as much estrogen as other Females....just as not all Males have as much testerone as other Males do.....

Perhaps the pheromones are to blame?????

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by amicrazy

I live in Southern Ohio and it might as well be the deep south. It is scary to drive down one of the main streets leading into my little dying redneck town and see nothing but McCain/Palin signs in the yards. Of course, the majority of the population are old people.... most of the young people have had to leave this area. All the factories are closed. Most jobs are in call centers, Walmart, teaching and nursing the old population.

My 70 yr old grandmother hit it on the head. She said Obama is really smart and articulate; unfortunately most people here will not vote for him b/c he is black. They won't say it...

So the idiots continue this area's downward spiral. As soon as I get of college, I am seriously considering immigrating to another country. I grew up loving America, my family has fought for America, but I truly believe that America has taken democracy, and turned it into a bread and circuses exposition.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by robertnesta
im wondering, just speculating, flow with me for a second,

there are all this intense nutcasses, who would probably cheer if they heard he had been killed,

if he win do you think these people will just sit by silently and surpress all these hardcore angry feeling that have been drawn out of them. Now iv heard many ideas of an upcoming civil war, could it be the niave idot christian redneck retards vs. the rest of us?

either way these people make me embarrassed to be an american

Why not it worked for george bush every one knows hes a danger to the country and he stayed in power.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Most US of A people I have known are intelligent and open people, if somewhat under-informed about how the world works. But then I see videos such as the OP posted I realize just how well the dumbing down process has worked, and how that manifests in ther self-destructive mind-set.
I believe the USA will shortly be a dictatorship in all but name. (it's already halfway there, of course) I think a bio-weapon false flag attack will be the impetus for the next stage in the ongoing project wipe out the last vestiges of democracy and social justice. The dumb public will rally to the flag and "support the troops and Our President" as a conditioned reflex in the midst of sheer panic promulgated by the controlled mass media. The smart and good Americans will be ignored, at best, killed or rounded-up if they try to speak up.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by robertnesta
Now iv heard many ideas of an upcoming civil war, could it be the niave idot christian redneck retards vs. the rest of us?

either way these people make me embarrassed to be an american

First of all dont be embarrassed of somethink you dont have created. This is what we Germans had to grow up with. Feeling embarresed of beeing a german.

Hornestly, I think the influence of the christians in your country is very strong. I m glad that we dissociated from that influence, fortunatly we have learned something, out of the history.

The most important think , imo, is to get rid of the imperialistic attitude . And that is what bothers the people over here. This is a world of many different cultures and people, we dont need a leader, we do need a strong community.

[edit on 18-10-2008 by mae_thoranee]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I know you can say you can get stupid people everywhere , all over the planet , but in western civilizations you'd normally find them dispersed to some extent and all stupid in their own way . You might find a stupid person , maybe a house full of stupid people ... maybe even a street has a lot of houses with stupid people in them . But you don't see anything like this... where whole towns and districts are dumb and dumb in the very same manner and fashion . There is no individuality in their stupidity at all .. it is the very same core of stupid ideas that permeates through the whole population. It must be brainwashing and indoctrination at work here . You could talk to one of these people and you more or less have spoken to them all . And these [type of] people , remember , have achieved a degree of world wide renown for their lack of intelligence , these are the people that can unfairly taint the rest of American society . These iare not just simple yokels with simple ideas . They are dangerous ideas and this is an important social problem you would do well to be ridden of .

[edit on 18-10-2008 by Gun Totin Gerbil]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I don't like Obama either, but these are just people stuck in the past. Who cares is a "black" is running the country. No difference. Obama sounds a heck of a lot smarter than these white people.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mae_thoranee

I think many Americans should take note of this person's Post.

My opinion is it comes from a German citizen, who has a very, very clear opinion of what COULD happen, in America, if arrogance is left unchecked.

I think it's long past time to grow up!! To realize that we actually live in the 21st Century, and that EVERY HUMAN BEING on this planet is connected!!!

The era of 'Nation-States' is past....but still prologue, unfortunately....because of archaic mindsets.

The 'ignorance' in America is certainly there....no doubt....but, what about the 'ignorance' in Pakistan...or Afghanistan...or China???

See, it comes to the locals....and whether or not THEY are well-educated and Worldly. It requires the separation of Religion from any Government....not to exclude Religion, just not ALLOW it to influence Governmental Policies. It requires an understanding of differences of culture...not to FIGHT about them, just to try to acknowledge that there are differing opinions....and FIGHTING over these ideas is stupid, and beneath our dignity as a species.

Because, until we realize it is ONE PLANET, and not just a bunch of arbitrarily banded groups of Nation-States, because of old tribal conflicts and land-grabs, before technological enhancements allowed fast transportation options...UNTIL we realize that it is ONE PLANET full of people who are ONE SPECIES....we are doomed to fail, as a species.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join