It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain/Obama Oct. 15 debate - discussion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Tonight is the third and final debate before the election.

Obama doesn't have to do much of anything to maintain his lead.

If McCain plays his cards right, this debate could bring him back into the running.

What do you want to hear McCain say tonight? Any predictions?

Jemison

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Here is my prediction for tonight's debate: more of the same.

I'll watch it, of course, but the last debate, imo, turned into a "I know you are, but what am I?" roundabout fairly early, and stayed that way. I predict that tonight will be the same.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
McCain needs to talk about the economy....about what he will do and how it differs from Obama. And, he needs to do it in simple terms that everyone will understand.

He needs to point out how important character and judgement are in the office of President.....without getting overly specific about Obama.

He needs to get up there and talk like a real person.....not like some slick politician.

And, for the love of all that is holy, please, please, let at least one of them really answer a question without answering around it, over it, under it, or behind it.....just one answer. That's all I want: one simple, straight answer to at least one question.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I am expecting new allegations on Obama. We will see how good they are.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Right now my biggest hope is that it won't be nearly as boring as the last debate was.

And I do hope that McCain brings up some serious allegations. He's been playing too soft and even his most ardent of supporters are furious with him for not calling Obama out on things.

I believe that Obama may be getting a bit too comfortable with his lead and it's highly possible that he may make a serious blunder as a result of that mind-set.

Jemison

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Jemison

His base does want him to go harder on Obama about the character and judgement issues. But, according to polls, independents and undecideds don't seem to like negativity.

So, what does he do? Please the base or cater to the independents and undecideds? While I would like to hear Obama's answers on some of these issues, I don't know if it would garner much support outside of his base.

He needs to bring up the character issue, but I don't know if slamming Obama during the debate will get him very far with the voters he needs.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
You need to change the title of this thread, can we really honestly call it a debate? lol just kidding.
That would actually be nice to see, the two of them really debating, and in a civilized accord, getting to the nitty-gritty of why each other thinks this or that, and then further what and why that is...or wait, that would mean they might come to some sort of agreement...It would be nice, if both candidates would be happy to see the other win, that might just be a sign of things shaping up, but with these 3rd grade displays of superiority, Im just grossed out by it all. Seems eerily like Young and the Restless...
Seriously, this democrat republican thing, is an insult to all of our intelligence. We should just flip a coin, it would probably be more fair seeing as to what happened with the Bush delection...

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I'm predicting more of the same, hopefully not.

Does anyone know if they are gonna use the same format for this debate or going back to basics?

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I expect the same talk.. .different night.

Maybe I will be surprised? LOL

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Please add any thoughts or comments to the existing thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
There is an already established thread on this topic here.

Please contribute any further questions/comments to the above linked thread.

Thank you.

Thread Closed.

new topics

top topics

join