It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Credit where credit is due

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
This is about John McCain singing "bomb bomb bomb Iran".

The point here is NOT to discuss the pros and cons of McCain's behavior, but to set the record (so to speak) straight.

The song "Bomb Iran" was by Vince Vance and the Valiants. It was a real song that played on the radio during the Iran Hostage crisis of 1979-1980.

McCain was not himself parodying The Beach Boys song. He was singing the Vince Vance and the Valiants song, which was in fact yes, to the same tune as the BB.

Love it or hate it, Vince Vance and the Valiants should get the credit for this song, NOT John McCain.

Vince Vance and the Valiants

I can't do YouTube from here, but if you GoodSearch:

vince vance and the valiants bomb iran

the results will include a link to a YouTube video of VV and the V doing the song... or so it claims. As mentioned, I cannot do YouTube so cannot personally confirm.

So please, from now on, when discussing this incident, it was VV, not the Beach Boys that McCain was trying to mimic.

Thank you...

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Wow, that is correct. I totally forgot about that song. In 1980 they played it on the radio all the time. Still, shame on you John McCain. How dare you!

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
You're right! If I had been more politically aware then, I may have remembered it.

I didn't find a YouTube of that song, but I downloaded the mp3 from here. It's pretty awful. Has bombing sound effects in the background and stuff.

join