It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSM Host Glenn Beck on Conspiracies, Depression, Martial Law

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
This is from October 13th. It is Glenn Beck from CNN with Peter Schiff. It is about 10 minutes long.

In this video they talk about inflation, parallels between us now and the Weimar Republic, price controls and shortages, and civil unrest and martial law. Glenn even asks about a global currency and drops the "c" word- conspiracy.

I am always suspicious when stuff like this is allowed on MSM during the evening news. Are they trying to warn us? Perhaps let those of us with the means to prepare get ready for what's coming?

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Ever since the beginning of this "crisis" I have found myself watching a lot more news, I guess because I just got married and am finally growing up and realizing how all this real world problems can affect me (as opposed to partying, working out all the time, etc.).

Anyways...

I have been watching Glen lately, I find him very interesting for some reason.
I was listening to this last night in the car on Sirius, I was surprised to hear this on CNN HN.
What is Glen's story? Is he always like this? I had him pegged as another O'Reily, or Hanity type, but I was surpised to hear him talking about stuff we ususally discuss here at ATS.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Glenn was talking about all this stuff when CNN Headline News approached him about doing the show. I dont know if they figured it would get ratings for being different or what. Maybe they wanted somebody to compete with Dobbs? Is Dobbs on during the same time slot?

In any case Glenn has been going on about this stuff for years on his radio show. Long before CNN picked him up.

It creeps me out how many parallels are between him and Alex Jones and how many of those are dead-on accurate. I need to add that they apparently hate each other both taking shots at the other on their radio shows. Alex calls Glenn a NWO shill and Glenn calls Alex a foil hat nut even though they both say the same things. Glenn comes on at 9AM (radio show) and Alex at 11 or noon I forget which Eastern Time and Alex would almost be a word for word recap and vice versa the next day. Glenn doesnt yell as much of course. I've never seen them together. Maybe they are the same person.

But then Glenn always goes for that religious morality thing and it hurts his Libertarian steak and, despite context, gives the "Glenn is a conservative hate-monger" crowd fuel for the fires of stupidity they ceaselessly burn.

I think by and large Glenn is a good guy who gets it. He just has some religion baggage he cant let go of most likely due to the fact he accepts faith as one of the things that got him to stop drinking and subsequently got him off his butt and out to succeed. I think it clouds the message some. At least to the religio-phobic anyway.

[edit on 14-10-2008 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by lardo5150

I do not listen to Glenn much, as he is a conservative and I often don't agree with his views. But I will say that what I have heard of him he is not as crazy as O'Reilly or Hannity.

From what I remember he did have Ron Paul on more than most hosts did during the primaries. I got the feeling maybe that is who Glenn's pick was. And he does lean a little more toward conspiracies, especially lately.

It is just rare to find these topics on MSM without the guest being mocked for them. Like when Faux News had Alex Joneson to talk about 9/11 conpiracies. They just berated him, put words in his mouth, and tried to make him look crazy.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I did not know that. I never listen to him on the radio- again, I try to stay away from conservative talk because it sets my blood pressure off. That is interesting about the parallels between him and Alex Jones. The problem with Alex is that he yells a lot, and rants, and that tends to scare off some people. That was my first impression the first time I heard Jones- why is this guy yelling? He has since grown on me.

Anyway, I hope Beck does some more segments like this.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by GetOutOfMyRabbitHole
And he does lean a little more toward conspiracies, especially lately.

Interesting you should day that because I think that this whole deal with the market has woke some people up to what is really going on. There are tons of unanswered questions that are now being asked with no answers available, or the answers are not what is expected.

I for one and glad to see some of the media waking up!

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I've never thought very highly of Glenn Beck. But I have to give him props for bringing up this topic. It sent chills down my spine.

Seriously, who would've thought that the suspension of civil liberties would've come from an economic crisis as opposed to terrorism? GlobalSecurity.org updated their list of current U.S. OPLANs to include a whole bunch of contingency plans to be implemented by NORTHCOM in the event of a civil crisis/disaster in the United States. One of those plans had an article written on it and it is downright breathtaking:

Garden Plot / CONPLAN 2502 (Civil Disturbance Operations)

I don't believe in New World Order conspiracy theories, but there is something called the power elite in this country. When things start to go downhill, these people will undoubtedly do whatever it takes to seize and maintain control of this country when this economic/financial crisis spirals out of control. Coupled with the persistent threat of terrorism as well as threats posed by Russia, the U.S. is in for an incredible bleak, dystopic future.

I agree with the guest on the program. I am sick of hearing my classmates at my school advocate increased government roles in order to combat inequality in society. Even after eight years of Bush/Cheney neoconservatism, people still don't realize the government can do whatever it wants to as long as it is afforded the opportunity.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
It creeps me out how many parallels are between him and Alex Jones and how many of those are dead-on accurate. I need to add that they apparently hate each other both taking shots at the other on their radio shows. Alex calls Glenn a NWO shill and Glenn calls Alex a foil hat nut even though they both say the same things. Glenn comes on at 9AM (radio show) and Alex at 11 or noon I forget which Eastern Time and Alex would almost be a word for word recap and vice versa the next day. Glenn doesnt yell as much of course. I've never seen them together. Maybe they are the same person.

[edit on 14-10-2008 by thisguyrighthere]

The problem I see with Alex Jones is that he often blows facts out of proportion, presents circumstantial evidence, and mixes facts with theory or sensationalizes certain things, giving very little credence to anything he says. If you're going to say the kinds of things Jones says, you need to be able to effectively back it up.

As far as I'm concerned, this is not conspiracy theory. This is what happens when in a society such as ours, a segment of the population called the power elite gains too much centralized power and wealth.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
This is simply the public being innoculated for what's coming. The enitre MSM has been selling out before our grandparents were born. The only logical choice is that he is a schill. There is no way this would just "leak" to the public. In a world where everything you can imagine is manipulated, there is no free speech on TV.

Glenn Beck hosts a program. There is a reason they call it a "program".

new topics

top topics

join