It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do YOU think is gonna happen in 2012?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I've heard all the prophecies, there are just too many they're obviously not all true, or maybe none of them are true but some of them are very convincing.

Personally I don't know what to believe. I would like to know what you guys think is gonna happen and why you think it.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 06:25 AM
link   
either nothing will happen, something sort of big will happen, or something catastophic will happen. *hedges bets*

seriously, I'm not a big believer in prophecies (really, how many have come true? not many), but there are a heck of a lot pointing towards 2012. it's entirely possible something big will happen, especially if the world continues on its current messy path. although, I lean towards the natural disaster side of things...an asteroid maybe? I guess we'll have to wait and see.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 06:40 AM
link   
The machine elves will reveal themselves on-stage at REM's final "final" farewell concert in Time's Square heralding a fundametal shift in human thought patterns of existence and an unprecedeted liberalism will engulf the world flushing all traditional concepts of God, religion, strife and greed to the curb. A series of scientific revelations then assist in eradicating hunger and disease and the seeds of the new Federation are planted that will replace the need for nationalism or even countries.

That, or nothing. Same old crap.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 07:24 AM
link   
From what I've read and researched, 2012 will supposedly be the END of the drastic changes the Earth and humans will go through. I've read that, beginning around the middle of June of this year (you've seen the threads about 6/6/04 and other threads that've spoken about 6/8/04), during the next Venus Transit, the Earth will be passing through some sort of photon belt, that is apparently going to cause a paradigm shift in human mentality.

I could also go into the myriad of unfounded predictions, but that would take a LOT of time and typing, especially if you've heard them before.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 07:28 AM
link   
People of earth will of already experienced an great massive event to make them realize how idiotic there system was of contructing a world of peacean they we see how it has failed an they will all strive together to form a peacful planet.

then the t.v. show will end an the nuke will blow

[Edited on 26-3-2004 by Trance]

[Edited on 26-3-2004 by Trance]

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faceless
I've heard all the prophecies, there are just too many they're obviously not all true, or maybe none of them are true but some of them are very convincing.
indeed, the 'just too many, can't all be true' on the surface seems logical and astute reasoning... But, recall the fable about the 4 blind wisemen & their 1st
encounter with an Elephant...from their perspectives
4 different conclusions were reached, each was true
in the broader sense but inexact nonetheless. Can this
model be reflected in the diverse explainations re; 2012?

Personally I don't know what to believe. I would like to know what you guys think is gonna happen and why you think it.

2012 is a 'road marker' for an event that will be linked
to that 'focal point in time' be it 50-100 years distant.

event: another cosmic (super nova or Black hole) encounter, the earth & solar system will be 'washed'
in a gamma ray & X-ray & exotic quantum particle beam.

There have been 5 or more mass extinction events found in the geological record (generally attributed to
comet or asteroid impacts)
the time cycle/ or galactic rotation is bringing the solar
neighborhood once again to that point in space that
bathes the earth with the excited energies found in that
supernova or magneticstar explosion or that black hole polar-emmission energy beam.

**Why do you think that the animated series named
'FUTURAMA' has a lead character called 'FRY'??

...because the subliminal suggestion/warning is there,
that the in the future the world will 'Fry 'from a cosmic
storm that can cause mutations of benefit and mostly
a mass termination of species on planet earth!!

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Maybe, in 8 years time WE will have got sick of 'wars',
and just get some FVCKIN' COMMON SENSE!!
IMO, Religion has a LOT to answer for

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   
My guess is that things will continue as they have for the past several thousand years. Lots of people will die, lots of people will be born. A will get a new president that don't mean # and survivor 45 will be coming up...

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
after 17 years of scholarly research, i can safely say that 2012 is the end of the Mayan Fifth Sun -- and the beginning of the Sixth. these are astronomical distinctions, not ontological. that means that the world will "end" -- astronomically speaking -- but a new world will "begin" right after that.

dec. 23/24, 2012 marks a once-every-approx.-46k-year alignment of all the heavy-body planets on one side of the sun. the ancients were primarily ASTRONOMERS, and saw this as a re-setting of the "giant clock" of the solar system -- not as the end of the world. so, no more whining. you're here to learn, not sew fear. stop being afraid. there's no reason for it. goddamn puritans.

-deus ignotus

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Im not afraid and I'm not whining. I never even said I believe the world will end. I said there are too many prophecies and just asking what other people think.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Actually there is no 6th sun cycle. Its in fives.

2012 marks the end of the 5th solar cycle it does not mean there is a 6th.

The Mayans believe in things of 5. The ending of the 5th solar cycle is the culmination of 25,625 years of the Sun's history. This will bring about one of two things. A new Hot Cycle that will increase the temp of earth and melt the polar caps raising the sea level around the world or a new Cool Cycle which will start a new mini ice age of which there has been many "mini ice ages" in the earths history. This could alleviate the global warming concerns but also create hazardous conditions in many parts of the planet, severe weather patterns, extra heavy snow, longer winter storm periods etc. This could also mark a new sequence of the sun that will cause in increase in radiation both good and bad that could cause severe genetic reactions in all species on the planet possibly triggering a new evolutionary stage in humans. If its true that man developed from the humanoid ape lineage by a mutation of the gene that develops the jaw structure then maybe this happened 25,625 years ago at the dawn of the current 5 solar cycles. OR maybe a fanatical world leader will end the human race just because they fear what the "new world" will bring. If my calculations are correct this will be on the 1st of June 2012, on the 360th solar day and 5 days prior to the last Transit of Venus.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
probably nothing. IF god or something else was going to end the earth they would not use human years.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   
We will make a "scientific" discovery allowing the human to pass through time and space with the blink of an eye, perhaps using some sort of device to do it.

We will see a comet light the sky with Red, which will show us just how small we really are and that we are at the mercy of something greater which our weapons cannot stop.

Aliens will be revealed in their true origins and we will see what the meaning and mysteries of Christ really meant when he spoke his many parables.

The north pole will become the south pole which is a pole shift, directly influencing the capabilities of the human mind and heart.

There will be many place where the Earth will rise, revealing the many past civilizations' treasures lost, like the Atlantis.

We will die and become something different than what we are now. Very obscure, but I don't really know.

Those are what I think and feel could happen.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   
i dont think much will happen in 2012 besides, the antichrist arriving or aliens spawning out of nowhere. evil cults desguised as christians etc.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Gas will be at $8-$10 dollars a gallon and we will be struggling to find a alternative means of power.

Wars over dwindling resources will ensue. Mainly between the US an China.

Worst case scenario: Mad Max.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Think of as nothing more than an odometer going all away around back to zero again. Nothing is going to happen that has to do with that date. Check out this short article and it will make sense.

www.levity.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   

2012 is a 'road marker' for an event that will be linked
to that 'focal point in time' be it 50-100 years distant.

event: another cosmic (super nova or Black hole) encounter, the earth & solar system will be 'washed'
in a gamma ray & X-ray & exotic quantum particle beam.

There have been 5 or more mass extinction events found in the geological record (generally attributed to
comet or asteroid impacts)
the time cycle/ or galactic rotation is bringing the solar
neighborhood once again to that point in space that
bathes the earth with the excited energies found in that
supernova or magneticstar explosion or that black hole polar-emmission energy beam.

**Why do you think that the animated series named
'FUTURAMA' has a lead character called 'FRY'??

...because the subliminal suggestion/warning is there,
that the in the future the world will 'Fry 'from a cosmic
storm that can cause mutations of benefit and mostly
a mass termination of species on planet earth!!

That's right! And why do you think The Simpsons has a character named Marge?

Because, in 2012, the Land O' Lakes central plant will be bombed, coating the earth in a layer of MARGEarine and exterminating all life on earth!

Either that, or you need to lay off the 'shrooms.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   
i think i will grow another year older, thats probly it. some people will die, some people will be made.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
According to the Bible the earth will be destroyed be some kind of disaster other than a flood. That leaves a lot open as to how. The Bible also gives clues as to when it will happen but not the exact date. The bible says that in the end times there will be an increase in natural disasters ( and there definitely has been in the recent years) there will be a new Jewish temple built in Israel at the site of the original temple. ( It's the place that the Jews and Muslims have been fighting over for years.) After this Jesus will return and all the christian who have died will be raised and meet him in the sky and the living christian will then also meet him in the sky. This is what is often referred to as the rapture. After that there will be a period of peace followed by seven years leading up to Jesus returning to rule the earth. During that seven year period there will be earthquakes and other plagues. When Jesus returns he will rule for 1000 years then the earth will be destroyed and a new one created like it was when God first made the earth.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faceless

Welcome to the 2012 phenomenon. What's going to happen is a big deal. I'd say you shouldn't look at everything being said about it to be "true/false" rather. People say it will be the "return of Nibiru", and althought this can be seen as "false" because their will be no phyisical planet nor visually sightable beings, this doesn't mean the prophetic statements are false. When you look far back into the human history it can be seen that those beings and that event left effects within the human beingship that will play a key role in the 2012 phenomenon.

However if you are just looking for the phyisical understanding of world events, you need to focus your understanding on the galatic horizion crossing.

Our planet is already begun flux of the geograpical and megnetic pole shifting events. This is scientificly understood and althought heavily debated as to how long the transition is to take place no argument has factored in the agressive gravitional forces that the planet faces upon crossing the galatic equator that is the disk shaped gravitional engine of the entire galaxy.

The crossing isn't a moment in 2012. The 2012 phenomenon isn't a light switch moment in time where all hell breaks lose. Althought propheticly spoken of there is a "hour" of compleate distruction, the crossing is actually a seven year process. That crossing starts around may2009 and runs through to may 2016. The 2012 phenomenon dosen't have 4 years to start it has a little over 6 months. Although not measureable at first, as the galatic horizion approaches our planet and the sun the effects will be clear for all that are not in deep denial over the issues of God to see.

The list of major events are as follows in no particular order.
Nuclear and biological/chemical warfare that effect most parts of the earth.
Magnetic pole shift with associated solarmax cycle and earth close passage that burns up a mass part of the planet.
Geographical pole shift that causes a monster tidal wave and a worldwideearthquake.

It is the peak point around 2012 where the "antichrist" trys claims rulership (false claim) over the planet as the most mighty force and controler of the planet.

[edit on 6-12-2008 by Incarnated]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join