It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Cyclones At Saturn's Poles Create A Swirl Of Mystery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Giant Cyclones At Saturn's Poles Create A Swirl Of Mystery

www.sciencedaily.com

New images from NASA's Cassini spacecraft reveal a giant cyclone at Saturn's north pole, and show that a similarly monstrous cyclone churning at Saturn's south pole is powered by Earth-like storm patterns.

This cyclone is surrounded by an odd, honeycombed-shaped hexagon, which itself does not seem to move while the clouds within it whip around at high speeds, also greater than 500 kilometers per hour (300 miles per hour). Oddly, neither the fast-moving clouds inside the hexagon nor this new cyclone seem to disrupt the six-sided hexagon.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
saturn.jpl.nasa.gov

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
The particular thing that interests me about this story is the hexagon shaped storm at the North pole, still yet to be imaged in visible light. Its origin still remains a mystery ever since it was first discovered.

Now they have produced a movie in gif form of the storm.

check it out on the additional link

www.sciencedaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
If you haven't seen the image of the hexagon already heres a new picture

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I always thought this was an incredible find, the hexagon especially, since I think geometric shapes are created in nature through energy distribution, the nature and frequency of the energy determine the form.

A good thread to go with this, would be 'New discoveries are confirming the electric sun model.

Thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

And excerpt:

"The satellites have found evidence for magnetic ropes connecting Earth's upper atmosphere directly to the Sun," says Dave Sibeck, project scientist for the mission at the Goddard Space Flight Center. "We believe that solar wind particles flow in along these ropes, providing energy for geomagnetic storms and auroras."

A "magnetic rope" is a twisted bundle of magnetic fields organized much like the twisted hemp of a mariner's rope. Spacecraft have detected hints of these ropes before, but a single spacecraft is insufficient to map their 3D structure. THEMIS's five satellites were able to perform the feat.

NASA: science.nasa.gov...

Maybe this flux rope, isn't just on the North pole of Earth? Saturns atmosphere is extremely dense, which would make sense we noticed it on Saturn or Jupiter, rather than our own planet first, may also lead to explaining weather as an electrical phenomena.

More people should read about this, IMO.

EMM

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I am not sure how open your mind is but I will go ahead and say it,

I have read many books about the testimonies of alien abductees and alot of the people that have had contact with extra terrestrials have said that they have been told and in some cases shown, that other worlds operate their weather on a geometric grid based around a certan type of energy.

This has always struck a chord with me and somehow I believe it to be true. The fact that weather works on a network allowing it to be moved from one place to another in order to make sure that everyone can benefit.

Now if human beings could control the weather we would only use it to our advantage and most likely turn it in to a weapon.

I am not saying this is part of the E.T weather grid system, its just that you mentioned geometrics and weather and I remembered what I read and thought I would share it.

[edit on 13-10-2008 by franspeakfree]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I've seen this story around before, I'm sure. I think the hexagon stuff is absolutely fascinating. It's true that we see geometric shapes in nature everywhere - but in weather systems?? Can anyone think of any instance of a similar occurence in Earth's weather systems?

Anyone who says "the Bermuda triangle" should lose 100000 points instantly...

I genuinely believe this is one of the most interesting phenomena we have come across in the solar system. I hope it gets investigated further.

LW

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneWeasel

I agree and its incredible that it remains unchanged even after a year since the last observation. I don't believe there is any explanation for this and just goes to show how little we do know about the universe around us.

Thanks to the previous posters for a couple of very interesting ideas. I have a open mind and it will give me something to research.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneWeasel
I've seen this story around before, I'm sure. I think the hexagon stuff is absolutely fascinating. It's true that we see geometric shapes in nature everywhere - but in weather systems?? Can anyone think of any instance of a similar occurence in Earth's weather systems?

Anyone who says "the Bermuda triangle" should lose 100000 points instantly...

I genuinely believe this is one of the most interesting phenomena we have come across in the solar system. I hope it gets investigated further.

LW

I'd suggest ice crystals, water (rain), the circular nature of tornadoes/cyclones/hurricanes (never known the difference) and the vortex they create?

Not sure about all of them, but I'm pretty sure ice crystals are valid.

reply to franspeakfree:

I have heard of a similar thing, although, it wasn't directly linked to weather, but it is a geometric grid, mapped over the world, using platonic solids. Apparently, the grid correlates with many ancient monuments around the world. One of the theories, was it was used to draw the earths natural energy. (sorry for off-topic)

Link: www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

EMM

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectroMagnetic Multivers

Obviously I'm going to agree with you.

We also know Saturn has a hot point even on the pole that is unlit. When you put all these pieces together it's looks reasonably clear. Geometric patterns can be created by frequency as seen in the simple cymatic experiments, and polygon shapes can be created in rotating fluids of various densities.
dcwww.fys.dtu.dk...

Magnetically induced stirring of the atmosphere from the polar birkeland currents?

I think this was actually discovered a couple of decades ago, well quite a while at least. It's only recently we've got a good look.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
This is Fascinating and I have been watching it for a while.

Originally posted by ElectroMagnetic Multivers
reply to franspeakfree:

I have heard of a similar thing, although, it wasn't directly linked to weather, but it is a geometric grid, mapped over the world, using platonic solids. Apparently, the grid correlates with many ancient monuments around the world. One of the theories, was it was used to draw the earths natural energy. (sorry for off-topic)

Link: www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

EMM

It certainly does, and interacts with the earth along Ley Lines my friend.

Ive experienced some of these energy meridians in a very personal and powerful way.

I would suggest to anybody to look at their local ones, get some dowsing rods and go an walk them, feel them, most people and usually sceptics to experience the "energy" or just a different "feeling" there.

Playing with electro magnectic sunbeams
Try it!

Kind Regards,

Elf

[edit on 13-10-2008 by MischeviousElf]

new topics

top topics

join