It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

wierd thngs in my photo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
hello all,

ok i think i need some help... i am new to posting my own threads. i have had trouble showing the pic i want... it was taken off a balcony in mayerhofen austira (excuse spelling i am dislexic) while i was on a skiing trip. only when i got back i realised i had captured something not quite normal!!.

what you are seeing is a photo of the town from my balcony at the hotel. at the time, it was about -15c. very cold, mid dec. and so the main feture of the pic is my breath!!... but as you can see, there are many figures within the pic, hiding in my "breath" so to speak

if you fail to see them ill point them out to you, but im just curious as to what you people make of them... i look at the pics and see many faces, including distressed ones, almost like there in pain.

i450.photobucket.com...

the pic i uploaded is straight from the cam to my comp to photobucket... i have the rest of the set also but none are anything like what ive captured here... it seems this one is unique!

i honestly feel ive captured something totaly paranormal. even after playing with the levels in photoshop, i seem to get several strong faces, and a faint bar across the bottom left of the pic. something that was not there when i took the pic.

anyone who is interested in this, i can send u the originals but as i said previously, i am new to posting and need some advice before i go spreading my pics around lol!!

peace out!!

Deano

C&C welcome

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
cigarette smoke, yeah i have done that before, not so weird.

nice try, hoaxer.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
it looks like there is an alien coming out of your wacky weed smoke. (top left)

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
hahahha wicked. nice try accept aint smokin the stuff you are. i dont smoke at all, as i said it was -15 and what you are seeing is the condensation of my breath into the astrian air.... try again.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
If you are telling the truth, and that is actually your breath...that is pretty interesting, because it definitely does look like some weed/cig smoke.

As far as faces go... as people say all the time, it's not hard to find faces in things such as this.
BUT, who knows... maybe you're on to something?

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
matrixing plain and simple

you brains finding familiar patterns in an unfamilar object

does look more like smoke then breath but meah if you say its condesned breath ill fly with that

the only strange thing i see if someone taking pics of thier breath at silly O'clock at night

[edit on 12/10/08 by noobfun]

[edit on 12/10/08 by noobfun]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I smoke for 5 years and i can really tell if that's a cig smoke or not...

Put it out...it's bad for your health...

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
OMG I think I see Kenny from south park in there)

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
thats strange, in the picture it has a yellowish tint to it, which is why i thought it was smoke of some kind. when it is your breath it is usually clear, or clearer.

i dont see anything in the pic, except those three red lights, thats it?

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
well this happened a year ago and it took up till now to upload it as i everone i told simply said... "ooh freaky" but that was all. i personally think there is more to it as i physically took this photo myself, but hey!...

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
i wouldn't worry about it.

i think it's probably just a case of your brain doing it's natural pattern-seeking

that is some really thick condensation though hehe

had it been summer in hawaii or something like that and your breath did that, i'd ask you to seek the help of a priest, as you would possibly be so horribly possessed that you breathe out spirits hehe

for now, i think you are safe though
just keep on keepin on!

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
ok people seem to be replying quicker that in can respond.... as i said, it is not smoke of ANY KIND!!! it is purely my breath.,... go to autrian alpes mid winter and you too will experience the whole 'look dude im skomin' effect merely by breathing in and out! but i can see lots of faces in the photo, none of the others have anything relating to faces in them, and yet this has loads of faces....

as to why i take a hptot of the resort at night... have you ever been in the alpes at night! i thought i could take pics of my surroundings but they didnt turn out!!

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I saw... the Grim Reaper, the Mother Mary, a monk, a dragon, a spider, a Romulan star ship, ect...

It's finding shape in clouds, literally.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
well fair enough, but some aspects of the pic like just to the left of the classic 'scream' face at the top right are just spooky... you can see the teeth... i took this friggin pic over a balcony and i get these things/people/things almost haunting it!

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by extremeH

Due to the nature of water vapor in our exhallations, they don't generally produce visible vortices within them -- that generally requires some particulate in the vapor. Looks like cig smoke to me as well.

I do see a sorta punka headed form in the upper right. Where are the township lights you were taking a picture of?

Cheers

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
ok argentus,

er water vapor? how many times do i have to say this... it was MINUS FIFTEEN DEGREES CELSIUS. it was early december in the Austrian alpes! and vortices?! im not a friggin aircraft!

i appreciate what your saying but it seems to me alot of people are just tryin to be the 'first to debunk this' while i honestly think there is no answer which is why i simply asked you people's opinion!! ........ let me run throught it again......

it was vey cold... i was on a free skiing trip in mayerhofen austria,

i was on my balcony, i was takin pics of the reort at night,

i got home and found the pic i have presented you all with!!

no smoke!! i dont smoke! i have ashma! x

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
NICE JOB ON PHOTOSHOP! Sarcasm. Stop littering ATS with this crap

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by extremeH

I understand what you're saying. I don't ever feel any desire to be the first to debunk or find fault, I was just observing. I've been in extreme cold most of my life, and have never observed my frozen exhallations to look like that. Okay, so perhaps it's just the proximity to the camera point-of-view that makes the visible vapor look so huge. There DO seem to be several small vorticies in it, or eddies, if you like.

As I said, the main thing that caught my eye was the sorta pumpkin-headed -- two-"eyes", nose, mouth -- formation in the upper right. Is that what you are seeing?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding...... maybe you're saying that the vapor itself wasn't visible when you took the photo?

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Ranger23

Dude. It's not photoshop, it's just a picture of fog.

Take it easy and back up a little, the fellow is saying he sees things in the fog, basically just picking up random shapes. Nothing to do with PhotoShop here.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Argentus is right. The particulate matter from the burning of the cigarette is responsible for the patterns in the air.

Breath is generally a cloud shape and doesn't form the channels or streams of matter than a burned substance does.

Taking the OP photo and inverting it (as well as some contrast adjustment) shows the streams of particles that can only come from something burning. Your breath cannot produce this. I will explain why in a moment.

Applying the same editing to one of the above 'breath' pictures we can see the difference in distribution for water vapor.

The laminar layers and bands in the OP picture suggest that there is particle matter heavier than water vapor in the picture. Your breath does not form these distinct streams within the dispersal. This can be the result of electrostatic forces keeping the matter together. The general foggy quality of the smoke could be caused by water vapor from the breath on cold air, the flash of the camera, and how long the smoke has lingered. The force used to exhale the smoke also has an affect on the distribution.

If someone can find a picture of cold breath forming the bands of layers I would like to see it. Otherwise, my bet is on smoke.

EDIT:

To explain further...

Breath doesn't form the layers seen in the OP photo because it lacks the particle size and density difference seen in smoke. Pure laminar flow can be seen in a lit cigarette. The smoke rises upwards in a narrow band and then begins to disperse when the velocity of the rising air rolls over the air above it, creating vorticies and eddies. The bands and layers are formed because larger, slower moving particles tend to move towards the outside, while smaller, faster particles move through the center. This is why the edges of smoke appear more solid than breath. The slow particles pile up next to each other, creating an easy to see layer.

Breathing out water vapor will not produce this visible effect. This picture is most likely a mix of the exhalation of smoke and the burning of the cigarette while it was not being smoked. Again, if someone can find a pic or explanation for why water vapor could produce that effect I'd love to see it.

[edit on 12-10-2008 by Parabol]

new topics

top topics

join