It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Last Message Before Oct. 14th.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
What if... it does happen. Has anyone entertained that possibility?

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gateway
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Don't get me wrong Phoenix, I have seen something in the sky personally along with several family members, so I do believe in the existence of ETs visiting this planet. But why would they, given the number of other more credible people on this planet choose some regular ol' house-frau for their message, jeez, at lest talk to Greer, or Strieber and tell them you are coming, but this lady?

So yeah, I do believe her, she is hearing voices...but the poor woman should re-think were these voices are coming from. Back in my twenties one of my good friend's younger brother also heard voices, and he really believed in what they told him. The poor young man committed suicide not too long after his diagnosis.

[edit on 13-10-2008 by Gateway]

Well... you have to admit - this Blossom Goodchild has balls!

I mean... to continue with her story up until the very last minute... never wavering... never actually dodging or changing her stance on the event.
In fact she had this event predicted almost 3 months before the Oct 14th date. I find that a little weird - especially if she was in it for the $$. That's a long time between to maintain a lie or market her product(s) for the quick buck. (It wasn't like the last few minutes of a telethon where they jack up the suffering even more so you'll throw more $$ at them).
Right now - if she is correct and this event occurs on the 14th - she will probably be forgotten about in ten minutes since the entire World will be busy tweaking out about a tremendous spacecraft hovering over them and what it all could mean (and is it friendly or not??)... the Govt will be all over everything - both denying it ("There's nothing to see here folks... move along!") and trying to find a way to blow it up or make it THEIRS.

And if she is wrong... She will be the biggest rip off artist since Milli-Vanilli!

I guess it's just a wait and see thing now.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Okay, regarding the 14th, I think MC 900 Ft Jesus sums up Blossom Goodchild and the GFL. That guy was a prophet! I thought I'd post this for all you punters to enjoy. Some levity is needed on the board right now!

The Truth Is Out Of Style!

IRM

Edit: Fix Link

[edit on 13/10/08 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Infra. The UFO was here and this video prove it.
Unfortunately we believed they were hostiles.

[edit on 13-10-2008 by Sheridan]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Too bad Blossom does not live in Europe.
Eurpoe moves on fraudulent channelers

1.-(1) Subject to the provisions of this section, any person
who-
Punishment
of fraudulent
mediums, &

(a) with intent to deceive purports to act as a spiritualistic medium or to exercise any powers of telepathy, clairvoyance or other similar powers, or

(b) in purporting to act as a spiritualistic medium or to exercise such powers as aforesaid, uses any fraudulent device,

shall be guilty of an offence.

source

The Fraudulent Mediums Act 1951 will be repealed from April 2008 by the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2007 which implement the Unfair Commercial Practices Directive.

The CPRs include rules prohibiting conduct which misleads the average consumer and thereby causes, or is likely to cause him to take a transactional decision he would not have taken otherwise.

Before all you blossom fans get upset, the praticality of enforcing these laws in Europe have seen consumer protection focus more on mediums stating that their comunications should be highlited as Entertaining, or providing Entertainment.
I hope you are all suffuciently Entertained. I thought Robbie Williams had that more than covered for US.

Robbie will still rock post october 14th. Blossom won't.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Sheridan

OMG! Thanks for the heads-up Sheridan! I better start preparing my apology speech now. Do hats taste better with salt or with wasabi?

IRM

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
Some levity is needed on the board right now!

Yea levity IS needed. I agree.

While I don't believe a single word this woman is saying, you guys absolutely make me feel ashamed to say that I correspond with some of you. You're all acting like a lynch mob, with pitchforks in hand and yet, some of you would purport to being such "peaceful" people in other threads and find "acts of disdain" deplorable?

I don't see it. This woman isn't asking anyone to do anything. Moreover completely denigrating and belittling the OP simply because he/she may have simply:
a. forgot to post a comment along with regurgitating the original quote from BG's website
b. stated more than once that he/she doesn't necessarily buy into what BG is touting BUT is open minded enough to find it feasible

Is disheartening and firmly counter-intuitive to what ATS is all about.

Feel free now to resume regularly scheduled persecution and stoning.

AB1

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Oh, please.

She's still marketing on this. She has products you can buy on her website about this, including a book of the channelings she's had with the "Galactic Federation."

The only reason why this is big is clear: We haven't had someone in a long while, who isn't certifiably nuts or part of a cult, go "A UFO will appear on this date, for 72 hours, and it'll be 2000 miles long."

It's been a while, so, people get excited, believing this to be true, but it won't happen.

When the ship doesn't appear, she'll give a grand excuse, such as "Their ship was damaged! Don't fret, believers. They're still coming!" or "They believed humanity was not ready to see them just yet, and they'll contact Blossom when they feel we're ready."

Oh, my favorite one! "The UFO did appear, but it was only visible to the believers of Blossom Goodchild"

I can't expect anyone to point out a weather balloon or a satellite or a plane as the UFO, seeing she claimed it to be 2000 miles long. So, we'll see what the excuse is.

As for the lynch mob, everyone here has seen this stuff before. Nothing unusual.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by alphabetaone

Have at it alphabetaone!

Your as entitled to your opinion as anyone else. However I'd say our interpretation of what ATS is all about is different to yours. We like to Deny Ignorance.

As far as the Op goes, this is third thread of GFL propaganda he/she has started so let me suggest that it appears as more than a passing interest. A large portion of members are completely sick to their stomaches with all the GFL spamming... Staff Included! Try over 60 threads! When is enough, enough?

Is BG a scam artist?

Lets put it this way:
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck... it is a duck. There have been enough scam artists of this caliber with the exact same type of M.O as BG in the past for 'us' to make a fairly accurate assessment.

I trust you know BG has been linked to a known con artist? Have a read of WatchNLearn's post in this thread:
Blossom Goodchild Is A Genius

If you think that it's the 'skeptics' that have been the only ones 'throwing stones', then you are completely wrong.... completely wrong!

IRM

[edit on 13/10/08 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Denying ignorance falls on both sides of the fence. Sometimes denying ignorance is as much in keeping quiet until facts are there as it is denouncing what you only believe not to be there.

Frankly I dont give a flying f___ whats happens on the 14th or any time.

It's not my opinion on how a vast majority of you are acting, it's fact. My opinion would be on how I view the facts of how you were acting.

My opinion is that you are all petty children with nothing better to do than have your little feelings hurt because you all want so much to believe that Aliens are going to show up here that when someone purports that they will, and they DONT that you want to go off crying in your respective little corners until which time you collectively decide "wait! I know, lets use belittlement and discredit FIRST as a mechanism to stave off our hurt feeling and THEN we'll sue!"...all to what gain.

No, YOU have at it...and a MAJORITY of you want to "change the world because *gasp* the corrupt Government wont let you see your little toys in Area 51 and beyond!"....so who is now responsible to ensure all things from the correction of that til time immemorial is seeded fairly? You the same crew who has that propensity for casting the first stone?

Apparently cognition is not your forte.

AB1

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by alphabetaone

Gee, you've got it down to a tee mate! How is it that you know so much about us? Freaky! Did you channel all of that?

IRM

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
This topic is already being discussed here:
GFL spaceship to appear Oct. 14th

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join