It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Failed Assassination Plot on Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Failed Assassination Plot on Obama

www.wtvh.com

It all happened after a routine traffic stop where police discovered a car full of drugs, ammunition, a bulletproof vest, two rifles, walkie-talkies and a rifle scope.

28 year old Tharin Gartrell was one of the three men arrested after police pulled over his swerving vehicle. 32-year-old Nathan Johnson was arrested in a hotel about three hours later; and Shawn Adolph, also 33.. was hospitalized after jumping out a hotel window to avoid his arrest. Investigators say the men planned to shoot Obama with a high powered rifle when the candidate gave his acceptance speech at Thursday night's convention. One of the men involved tells police he has nothing to do with the failed plot, but his friend just didn't want a black President.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
latimesblogs.latimes.com
www.thedenverchannel.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Assassination of Star Wars Scientists
Jesse Ventura Warns Of Obama Assassination Attempt

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I just am surprised that this didn't gain more news coverage. I think it's scary that the first black President we could have have might have been prevented on this night.

I mean, everything on the night of the DNC was surreal, everyone was feeling good, I don't think anyone was feeling any negative sentiments towards Obama.

I knew people were thinking about assassinating Obama but I didn't know how serious they were.

I've included some links about assassination attempts/assassinations in politics for reference material.

www.wtvh.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

This is fairly old news. It did get quite a bit of coverage and quite a few threads already exist on it.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
There is a pre-existing thread on this topic here.

Please contribute any further comments or questions to the above posted thread.

Thank you.

Thread Closed.

top topics

join