It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Undecideds - are you out there? Do you exist?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Here we are, less than a month away from the general election and supposedly cable news shows and professional pollsters are still able to find undecided voters.

Are any of you STILL undecided? Do you know any undecideds?

If so, what are you going to be basing your final decision on?

Are any of you semi-decided where you believe you have made your decision but can see a situation that might make you go the other way?

Jemison

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
It seems to me that the self-described undecideds tend to be those who are unhappy with both McCain and Obama, and do not feel that they are able to vote for any other candidate. These are the individuals who have been convinced that a vote cast outside of the two-party system is a vote wasted. It makes for a very difficult choice when you hate both of your options.

There are certainly exceptions: not all undecideds fit this description. It has been my experience that most of them do.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
The only thing I am undecided on at this point, is which one of the two is worse, McCain or Obama?

The Two-party system wins again.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
personally i am on the fence because i like neither.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Been swinging this way and that all election. Cannot say one or the other impresses me.

The absence of any serious third-party attempt this year has been the most under reported story of this election. Roun Paul seemed to destroy the entire alternative candidate movement by refusing to run third party. Imagine how well he would be doing right now.

I am starting to lean towards Obama though.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by paperplanes

Bingo. Thank you for summing it up. I'm dissatisfied with both in a way that is more profound that ever before in my history of voting. I've read both of their websites, have followed both their public speeches, have listened to all the debates. The potential VPs are a real issue for me as well. I think I'd like Palin personally, but I don't feel she's qualified to be the potential President. I don't trust Biden at ALL. He was cozying up to McCain earlier in the year, kind of casting sideways comments at Obama, and now all is rosy.

..........and yes, I think a vote for someone other than those two would be utterly wasted. For the first time in my voting history, I will probably waste the PRIVILEDGE of voting, and decline.

I recognize that I loose my right to whine about it afterward. I just can't seem to get behind either one. I could've voted for Hillary Clinton. I don't think I'd like her personally, but I think she'd had done a good job as President. I'm at a loss here. Dismal choices. I think the last debate was a representation of the lack of substance of either of them. Zero substance, IMO. Sadness.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Wow! So there are still undecideds!

At what point do you think you will finally make your decision?

How much weight are you putting into the third and final debate?

Jemison

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Undecided.

I don't think the final debate is going to change a damn thing. I hate both options and think the whole election process is a fraud.

I am NOT unpatriotic...just have no faith in the system whatsoever.

I wanted to vote for Ron Paul and have entertained the idea of voting for Chuck Baldwin....but right now I think I could vote for Bozo the clown and have more confidence...oh wait...he's deceased...*sigh*

PS I know that sounds extremely negative, but I'm still hanging in there.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison

Probably the morning of. I will most likely have to go Obama, only because I cannot see Palin being capable of assuming the presidency. I am hoping something may change that twixt then and now.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   
oh im sorry, the death star will be fully operational.

wether you vote for mccain or not, he will be the next president. the powers at be have set in stone that mccain will be the next puppet. ok.

[edit on 11-10-2008 by estrip]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mainer

Probably the morning of. I will most likely have to go Obama, only because I cannot see Palin being capable of assuming the presidency. I am hoping something may change that twixt then and now.

Me 2...

Every four they break out the red code book and convince the folks here in WV
to shot themselves in the face. We are out of teeth and might as well aim for the heart this next time.

I have done two weeks worth of reading on Obama and I am starting to like him truth be told. I read the good and the bad and the more I reread the bad the more it smells like thee god ole boy code talk made to scare my backwards neighbors.

Palin and her furry is way more crazy than I can stand... She would be at war with the world in a year flat!

I'm close to going for the dark fellow...

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   

... I'm not sure if your reference of 'dark' refers to his skin color or to something like 'going over to the dark side' - which is how I use the term 'dark' in this election.

My personal usage of the word 'dark' in this election has nothing to do with race and I didn't even think about how I was using the word until someone asked me the question I'm asking you.

I'm surprised that there are people that actually will wait until the morning of to make their decision - but since you are already leaning one way, I guess that's not really waiting until the morning of.

Jemison

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   

... I'm not sure if your reference of 'dark' refers to his skin color or to something like 'going over to the dark side' - which is how I use the term 'dark' in this election.

My personal usage of the word 'dark' in this election has nothing to do with race and I didn't even think about how I was using the word until someone asked me the question I'm asking you.

I'm surprised that there are people that actually will wait until the morning of to make their decision - but since you are already leaning one way, I guess that's not really waiting until the morning of.

Jemison

Dark is a descriptive word... Maybe it is not used in the rest of the US.
I am not totally decided, so in fact I am undecided... I might write someone in,
abstain or vote for a third candidate.

I was responding to the other fellow who said he was leaning one way as well.
I'm not sure why my post is any different? If my dark word offended anyone eyes I am sorry.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   

I'm not sure why my post is any different? If my dark word offended anyone eyes I am sorry.

No, no, no, I think you may have misunderstood. I did not take offense to the word dark, I was simply asking for clarification.

As I stated in the post above, I have a tendency to refer to Obama's side as 'the dark side.' When I talk to friends about politics I ask them if they are voting for McCain or if they have been sucked in by the dark side ....

It never occurred to me that my comment could have been taken in an entirely different context until someone asked me if I was referring to Obama's skin color and then told me that I should avoid using that term so as not to appear being racist.

I'm probably not making a lick of sense so I apologize. I took an ambien and it's kicking in faster than I thought it would so it's a wonder that I'm still upright and able to type!

Nite nite.

Jemison

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
This late in the game and yes - I'm still undecided. This is the toughest election I've ever voted in and if I don't choose between McCain and Obama, then I'll write in my vote, but at this point, even that is undecided.

*sigh*

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I am still undecided as to whether I will vote. I will not vote for Obama, I can't stand the man. Just comes down to whether I vote for McCain, I really really wanted to like him, but the guy is just sooooo scary when he talks!

I don't think I can handle voting for him and watching Iran get bombed (or some other country) and darn near everything that comes out of his mouth implies he will do it.

Sheesh if he could only work WITH those of us that want to vote for him but won't vote for more war! His GOP supporters will vote for him regardless of whether he keeps saying we need more war or not, so why does he keep saying it! I think it is costing him votes.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

The problem with Iran is that they want to blow up Israel...their president has said so a few times. He wants to wipe Israel of the map. Now that worries me. They are trying to get nukes...if they get them....what happens then? All of these rogue nations are trying to obtain nukes. It's going to have one of two effects.

Either one...having the nukes will keep them from war because of the threat of destroying their countries.

Or two....they blow each other up.

Let's hope for one.

I don't think McCain would do anything in war that risks American lives unless he felt it was absolutely necessary to do so. Imagine if we had ignored everything going on in the middle east. Where would the world be right now?

I have more trust in McCain than i do for Obama for military matters...it's not even close.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176Imagine if we had ignored everything going on in the middle east. Where would the world be right now?

LOL...you mean imagine if we had NOT gone into Iraq under false pretenses?

Hmmmm...well there would at least 100,000 less dead iraqi's, 4,000 less dead americans, the world would not hate us, our economy would be in better shape, and gas probably would not be $4 a gallon.

Yeah, just imagine.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

I never said we were right by going there, i just wonder how things would be right now if we had not done anything. No one knows for sure. Would the world be better off with us staying out or no? And as for spending...this government wastes so much freakin money....10 billion a month is small in comparison to the 100's of billions wasted in other areas. The Iraq war alone did not put us 10 trillion in debt..although it most certainly didn't help matters.

Unfortunately many lives have been lost...which is terrible. I don't think it's going to get better either.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
We are almost half-way through the third and final debate.

I'm curious - how are you undecideds feeling about the debate?

Could this help make up your mind one way or another?

Jemison

<<   2 >>

join