It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Undecideds - are you out there? Do you exist?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I am watching the debate and it has not changed my position of being undecided between voting straight Libertarian and voting Libertarian but writing in Ron Paul for President.

By the way, a vote for the Dem or the Repub is a vote wasted.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I am registered in the most (if not only) Republican county in Illinois. I have supported John McCain since voting for him in the primaries, but I've been going back and forth on him. In Illinois, my vote will not count.

The issues I have always cared about have been the national deficit/ debt and nuclear power. I dislike Barack Obama's policies in general, and I find him especially indecisive on the nuclear issue. I support McCain's [lofty] nuclear energy goals, and I would support him as "not Obama".

There are many reasons to vote for McCain or not vote at all. I could not vote to show that I want a better candidate. The media would just lump with with the apathetic crowd. Intent will not show up on the ballot. I know that if I were in a "swing state", I would suck it up and vote for John McCain.

Is that enough to just vote for him anyway? Would be it right to vote based on one issue alone, the nuclear debate, for example?

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
We are almost half-way through the third and final debate.

I'm curious - how are you undecideds feeling about the debate?

Could this help make up your mind one way or another?

Jemison

It's now been a few days since the 3rd debate. Final debate was, for me, the death knell on my voting either republican or democrat. Period.

I kind of already knew this with the passing of the bailout (sorry, can't move to the "re-programming" language, RESCUE PACKAGE released in the media later) but the 3rd debate cemented my decision to vote Either Baldwin or Barr. I need to see if one or both will be on my ballot. Thus far, I can't find a sample ballot for my state, but I'm looking.

Don't let this thread die, it's interesting!

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
It's the Saturday before the election ... any more undecideds?

I think I read that 1 in 7 people can still have their minds changed this late in the game. That seems strange to me because I know, without any doubt, who I will be voting for, but if that statistic is true, that would mean some of you ATS'ers can have your minds changed these final few days!

Jemison

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Election day is less than 48 hours from now. According to a variety of polls, there are between 5 and 8% of undecided voters. That number seems very high and it is more than likely what will be the determining factor in who wins.

Are any of you still undecided? Or, are you slightly decided - meaning that you think you know who you are voting for but you are open to changing your mind if something were to come up about the candidate you have in mind?

Jemison

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Jemison fact is...it isn't looking to good for McCain right now. I know you want to believe there are a lot of undecideds...and anything is possible..but it isn't looking to good at all.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

I know it isn't looking good for McCain.

But right now my focus on where these 8% of the undecideds are coming from. That number just seems way too high so I was hoping to hear from someone that actually was undecided and listen to why they haven't made up their mind and when they intend to do so.

Jemison

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Bumping this to see if there are any undecideds the day before the election.

Supposedly the undecided vote, as of 11/02, still remains between 5 and 8%. IMHO, those people aren't undecided, they just don't want to tell the polls how they are voting!

Any undecideds left at ATS?

Jemison

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I am still undecided. I am 23 years old. During the last presidential election I sent for a absentee ballot for Ohio from Florida. I received this ballot to late so my vote didn't get to count. The same goes for my roomie.

I just dont trust my government anymore. This is the reason I am undecided. I really dont think either of the two will do a good job, but we have a two party monopoly in the USA so one is guaranteed right. Maybe I will vote for McCain because he is the least likely of the two to serve two terms? Sound good to anyone?

Granted these are just my own personal opinions. Many of you probably have good reasons for voting for either of the two canidates. Just letting everyone know why I am undecided!!

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I just dont trust my government anymore. This is the reason I am undecided.

Thanks for your honesty.

Time is slipping away so I'm curious to know what your decision will be based on and if you will make up your mind prior to going to the poll booth or do it right there on the spot.

Jemison

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Not a problem. Like I said earlier, I will probably vote McCain based on my thoughts that he is least likely to serve a longer term. Pretty sad, isn't it!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join