It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drudge: Obama tried to sway Iraqi govt to ignore Bush

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Source: www.drudgereport.com...

Obama secretly tried to sway Iraqi government to ignore Bush deal on keeping troops in Iraq... Developing...

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Could this be further evidence of O(bs)ama's cut and run, surrender or appeasement philosophy?

I hope not for the sake of all of us.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
here is the article on washingtontimes.com.

www.washingtontimes.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Well done Obama,
Bush's deal to keep the military in place is precisley what is making us so many enemies.

We do not belong in Iraq.
The oil companies do not belong in Iraq.

We lied to get in and steal their oil, and setup shop.

If this is true, and Obama wanted the Iraqi Govt to ignore this lame duck's attempt at complete military control in Iraq, then its great news and means finally someone is doing whats 'right' and not whast popular among execs.

After all this fighting and robbing, traitors are the only ones left believing we should remain in Iraq, and going in was the right thing to do.

hang them all from their necks, as their founding fathers would of done!

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
would this be considered treason of some sort?
dunno it just doesn't sound like it could be legal, it just doesn't sit right with me...

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Fathom

It's illegal and a federal offense. Doesn't matter if he was right or wrong in doing it. That being said, this is only coming from one person. So this could be false.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
The people would judge it Treason, if he sat back and allowed Bush to commit FURTHER treason in the name of America.
What bush is doing is against American values and standing, and only furthers the bottom lines of corporate entities and his ruling elite.

We should never of gone in, and we shouldnt be there.

those who believe otherwise are the traitors!

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
The people would judge it Treason, if he sat back and allowed Bush to commit FURTHER treason in the name of America.
What bush is doing is against American values and standing, and only furthers the bottom lines of corporate entities and his ruling elite.

We should never of gone in, and we shouldnt be there.

those who believe otherwise are the traitors!

Guess I'm a traitor, then. I'm glad Saddam Hussein is no longer in power, and his evil sons aren't alive to carry on his legacy of hate and torture.

Don't spout to us about American values, you sick individual. You aren't American, you don't live in America and you consistently rail on the American way of life, like you have nothing better to do. Call me a traitor if you will, but at least I'm not a detriment to humanity.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
The Iraqi Prime Minister has been visited by many Senators and other
high-ranking U.S. officials over the past couple of years. No doubt each
one made his/her feelings very clear to him. Obama was just one of
many. I bet the Prime Minister was confused to paralysis, which is
is pretty much what we've seen from him...Nada.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

well if it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck...

thankfully, yourmind set is fast cementing itself as a minority.

As for being a detriment to humanity, id look more closley at just how 'valued' your american way of thinking is currently held, seems your fast losing the worlds support becuase of that stance.

See, you look at Iraq being justified becuase of one man.
Let alone the tens of thousands who have died/suffered/been tortured or lost loved ones.
Let alone the homes that were destroyed, the nation that was toppled, and your own economy suffered because of it.

Yep, true American thinking.

'' well saddams gone, so its all good ''

the other stuff isnt important,

and the lies and profit made.. dont need to be mentioned...
right?

[edit on 10-10-2008 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fathom
would this be considered treason of some sort?
dunno it just doesn't sound like it could be legal, it just doesn't sit right with me...

Yes, it is in violation of the Logan Act.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

you know what? the best thing to do with trolls like you is to ignore them so...consider yourself invisible.
c-ya..loser!

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
There is a difference between ignoring trolls, and being ignorant.

How about you prove me wrong in my post? then we can debate about it. instead of acting like a child chucking a tantrum.

Because, everything I said was true, you just don’t like hearing about it!
I wouldn’t either If I was American, but id definitely stand up for my morals instead of a criminal leader, id call that being a coward, more than a traitor.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Yep, having Saddam and his sons gone sure as hell does justify our presence there if all you're basing it on are civilian casualties.

How many people did Saddam and the Baathist party kill, torture and mutilate while he was in power and over how many years?

That answer varies across the internet, but in this thread on Yahoo others quote sources as saying well into the millions. Truth is, we'll probably never know.

What's the difference between the U.S. occupation and Saddam's regime? The U.S. is leaving as soon as the Iraqi government tells us they can stand on their own and defend themselves. Saddam had no intention of leaving and after he died his sons and his son's offspring would have carried on his legacy of torture and mass murder!

Show me any nation whose people WANT to be tortured and mass murdered.

top topics

join