It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan's Nikkei Falls Nearly 11%

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Sushi time on the Nik. One of the biggest cliche`s about the NIkkie is when they come back from lunch and tank you hear "Bad Sushi".

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

If I were a trader in Japan, I'd be going mad crazy on some fugu. The risk vs. reward is much better than the markets.

Hang Seng is down 1372, 8.2%

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
So does anyone know how long they break for lunch? I need to take a break from watching this train wreck.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by 2 cents

Umm I'm not sure, when I'm watching markets late at night I usually nap from the time the Nik goes to lunch till Europe opens.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I think this past week on 60 minutes a market expert was trying to give scope to the problem. He mention the bad credit in Credit Default Swaps as a 40 to 60 trillion dollar global debt coming due now. Can you see how 700 billion bailout stacks up next to 60 trillion??? The emperor has no clothes!!

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
The nikkei lunches for an hour and a half until 12:30 their time

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Going to be a long Friday, with the markets in "limbo" waiting for the G7 and G20 to meet. I would expect further erosion in the markets till they speak. They will try to rally Friday, but it will run out of steam as the sell off continues.

I have had my clients move out and be happy they have only had a 15% loss. It sounds crazy, but if you can manage to only lose that, you will be doing well. I couldn't convince them to get out earlier. "Things are going so well" they would tell me. Then they ran into the wall and got some sense knocked into them.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Dow futures were just down 283 and the Jakarta in Indonesia suspended trading today. Crazy.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

Oh...I see that now. 39% loss in just 12 months is VERY significant
indeed. Retirees who receive a monthly percentage of their overall
portfolio are getting battered badly. I wonder why there's not more
news coverage of how bad this is for them? Perhaps the mass media
isn't as hell bent on instigating panic as I thought. Thanks Jefwane.
-cwm

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Universal Light

Indonesia suspended again? Didn't they shut down Wednesday after a drop and stay closed Thursday?

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Universal Light
Dow futures were just down 283 and the Jakarta in Indonesia suspended trading today. Crazy.

Isn't the 679 point drop in the DOW today worse in terms of percentage
than the 800 point drop on Sept 29th? I remember how nervous that
made everyone. In retrospect, that one wasn't so bad. I suppose
going forward the point drops will be smaller, but the percentage will
be larger. Ten more days like today and major stocks will become
penny stocks.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Even the bulls on cnbc and at the fed admit there is a serious problem, why are there still people who think this is just normal fluctuations? Denial? Disinfo?

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
World wide global economic crisis. Unlike anyone has ever seen. The Great Depression was US related but this is a new world order...the economies of the world powers are related. This mess right now is not US only...its EVERYONE!! The one world currency and one world government is coming soon...get ready.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

I've always thought that a One World Government and Currency was
just a fictional projection in the conspiracy sections. I never understood
the reason(s) WHY they would be needed. It's all becoming clearer to
me now why some governments and currencies would merge. Is it a
bad thing if it brings order? Depends on who's in charge I guess.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Anachyron- you're absolutely correct. This is the second halting this week.

carewemust- you've got the concept down for sure.

Look at US and Europe futures. Europe will most likely open in a bath as well. If that's the case, I'm doing one final run before America wakes up.

www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
POST DELETED

Mistook one memb for another.

OFF TOPIC
Hit the whiskey tonight watching this go down, interesting times.

[edit on 9-10-2008 by jefwane]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by carewemust

They view us only as economic slaves, nothing else. One world government means autonomus control for them. They've already destroyed the Constituion and the Bill of Rights but under a one world government, you wouldn't be able to talk about that. Hell, if they decided you can't sneeze anymore.

I would like to point out that this is the beginning of the final battle between the light and the dark. This is a battle they do not win. There are less people talking about this than anything else. Most people have the spirituality of a child and your connection to purity and the oneness of life will help you persevere through this. The key is survival and if you're not ready for this, I would start right now.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

I don't take it as you being facetious at all. Though I don't know how my tone could have changed. My emotions haven't changed and I'm just trying to be a beacon of truth.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Nikkei is open again. What happened to Jakarta what did it last trade at today or did it not trade at all?

lunch must have been good its going up now.

[edit on 9-10-2008 by 2 cents]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
A slight bump on reopen then down again. Lots of volatility right now... -905, bounced back to -880, bounced down to -898.

It's gonna be a long night.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join