It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan's Nikkei Falls Nearly 11%

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LowLevelMason

a 10% drop at opening is definitely news worthy even if it closes up which would be even more news worthy.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by 2 cents

Not really, markets go up and down all the time. Inter-day trading highs/lows mean little to anyone except day traders.

Unless, of course, the media is trying to start a panic..which of course, they are.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
If you wanna try to get faster updates, here's the nikkei though the site has been getting so much traffic since open that sometimes the server is slow:

www.nni.nikkei.co.jp...

Originally posted by LowLevelMason
Are people looking so hard for economic doom that they take a 2 hour fall as news now? The Asian markets have barely been trading for a few hours.

It was down 800 pts in 20 minutes to begin the session. That is an amazing fall.

[edit on 9-10-2008 by Universal Light]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   

If you'd been paying attention over the past month, you'd understand the problem. Since you obviously haven't, though, I understand.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Asian Stocks Fall, Set for Worst Week on Record; Banks Plunge

yeah nothing to see here up and down like always

[edit on 9-10-2008 by 2 cents]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by anachryon

Yes, the problem is the media spreading fear and panic, just like they do every recession. Of course you don't understand, because you haven't been paying attention and have been busying following the media gospel. I understand

EVERYONE PANIC! Your media and government thanks you

[edit on 9-10-2008 by LowLevelMason]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Sorry LowLevelMason, the media is just now catching on. It truly amazes me when the media is blamed for finally doing their damn job and giving something other than the rosey "now is a good time to buy" shillery that they have engaged in 3-1 (at best) vs any realistic analysis over the past year.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jefwane

Sorry LowLevelMason, the media is just now catching on. It truly amazes me when the media is blamed for finally doing their damn job and giving something other than the rosey "now is a good time to buy" shillery that they have engaged in 3-1 (at best) vs any realistic analysis over the past year.

What media have you been watching? The media I've been watching (CNN, CNBC, PBS, NPR) has been declaring the end of the world for the last 6 months.

ATS is a lost cause to media propaganda. Its not worth even bothering with anymore. The sheep demand a panic, and gosh darnit, their media overlords are going to give them one.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by LowLevelMason

What media have you been watching? The media I've been watching (CNN, CNBC, PBS, NPR) has been declaring the end of the world for the last 6 months.

ATS is a lost cause to media propaganda. Its not worth even bothering with anymore. The sheep demand a panic, and gosh darnit, their media overlords are going to give them one.

The media has been trying to distract the public since their inception. that has not changed in six months.

While one could claim that ATS wants panic to begin a supposed revolution, the last thing sheep ever want is panic for they will quickly come to realize that their survival chances are not as great as others. The media is doing their best to suppress the severity of the issue. Why is the MSM only talking about voter fraud right now?

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
That post is messed, my apologies but my point is still there.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   

CNBC and Bloomberg with a smattering of Fox Business in there too. I've seen the female anchors on CNBC shriek in orgasmic delight on big gains and actually cry on that 700 point drop couple of weeks ago.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   

You sound alot like a banned member named lightindarkness. Don't know him by any chance?

Anyway, blaming the Media is ridiculous. We can all see what's going on. So they flavor it their way, that's to be expected. Doesn't mean they can change anything one way or the other. Even the gov't and the fed can't do that.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Universal Light

The Nikkei225 stock market index peaked at 39,000 in 1989. Now, it
sits at 8,300. You'd think that Japanese investors would have committed
suicide in masse over this and their economy would be in a shambles.

The US News media is portraying our 39% drop of the DOW (14,000 to
8,500) since 2003 as a record shattering catastrophe in the making.

I hope the first thing to dry up when this Wall Street meltdown arrives to
Main Street will be the advertising dollars that drive the demon possessed
media in this country. I will cheer from the roof of my house if one of
them have to ask the government for a loan!

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Nikkei:

Hang Seng just opened and dropped 8% out of the gates.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Nikkei isn't updating anymore what gives? It stopped at 11:00 local time.

It also has an * by the time - why?

Nikkei

Is trading suspended?

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by 2 cents

I believe trading stopped because of their lunch breaks. Most, if not all, Asian markets shut down for an hour or two for lunch.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Um, no. Just no. A market plummeting over 10% to trip the circut breakers IS news worthy. Especially with everything going on.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by carewemust
reply to post by Universal Light

The US News media is portraying our 39% drop of the DOW (14,000 to
8,500) since 2003 as a record shattering catastrophe in the making.

Umm that's a drop from 14,000 to current levels since October of LAST YEAR.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Now the Hang Seng is getting beat up, nikkei down just short of a thousand. The dots are connected. There truly can't be much time left. What could pull this out? I have no answer.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Ah I didn't know that. Can they eat now? I mean do you think anyone has an appetite left? This is some scary #*%^!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join