It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Forced Into 'Diminished Role' in Economic Crisis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Bush Forced Into 'Diminished Role' in Economic Crisis

abcnews.go.com

Bush began edging toward the exit today by signing an executive order that starts the transition to a new administration. But even before the paperwork was signed, Bush's unease as his term winds down was strikingly on display earlier this week when he traveled to the Washington suburb of Chantilly, Va., to speak with small-business owners who sat on folding chairs in an office supply company to hear him explain what he was doing to restart the flow of credit.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 9/10/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
There have been many prediction on this site on how President Bush intends to suspend elections. That he is going to declare Martial Law and imprison US citizens. That all the bills he has passed in the last four years have been leading up to the time when he can suspend elections so that he can rule in some sort of dictatorship. I have said over and over that this wasnt going to happen. That if anything he cannot wait to get out of office. Well I think the above article shows what his intentions truly are.

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 9/10/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I'm sorry but i will have to repeat the oft mentioned adage: The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by tide88

You people give Bush too much credit. Maybe he is some sort of idiot savant evil genius. But if the man is not an incompetent boob then he is a hell of an actor.

I'm not saying something sinister might not be going on, I'm just Bush isn't going to be the guy out in front.

[edit on 9-10-2008 by Mad Max]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I agree.

Bush looks like he is planning his exit. . . . . But is Cheney planning to leave!?

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
If this NWO really wants to come into power, Bush cannot play the role of anyone with power. The idea is and always has been to make people THINK they're free. If Bush canceled elections, there would be massive dissent which is no good for NWO. If Obama won, however, people would be gleaming and walk right into anything Obama deems a positive change.

"People of America. Uh, uh, in these times of great challenge, we-ee-ee-uh need to move forward as not just a country, but an entire world. A New World Order..."

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I absolutely "love" the bleeding heart sob story on what a hard time the president is having with all of this. It verily brought a tear to my eye.

The press really would like you to forget that he is partly the architect of this mess. It blew up in his face but he and his cronies have a wholelotta moolah to get some serious plastic surgery to repair that damage so I am sure he will get over it.

It is quite another matter for those who lost all or are set to lose all. They'd be lucky if they can keep their homes.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
BUSH is the DECIDER, WER gona hunt terrorists and UNPETRIOTS...

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I'm very glad that at least at some point he Finally developed an exit strategy.

Whomever takes over has a got a lot to deal with.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I wouldn't hold my breath about the next president deciding to revoke Bush's ML executive orders, just out of the goodness of his/her heart...

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Wow you couldnt be more clueless. What better thing to do then look like you want to leave office. Before you become a dictator. I dont know if he will but I will say one thing, youre clueless and you must have been a shrub groupy from the begining and people like you are the reason we are int he mess that we are in. With the wars and the economy.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I wouldnt be giving him

that von voyage party ......YET.

I wont beleive it until the new president, whoever it may be, moves into the White House.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I wouldnt be giving him

that von voyage party ......YET.

I wont beleive it until the new president, whoever it may be, moves into the White House.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by mental modulator

BUSH is the DECIDER,

For the last time, Decider is a REAL word...
Pick up a dictionary, would ya?

decider
One entry found.

Main Entry: de·cide
Pronunciation: \di-ˈsīd, dē-\
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): de·cid·ed; de·cid·ing
Etymology: Middle English, from Latin decidere, literally, to cut off, from de- + caedere to cut
Date: 14th century
transitive verb
1 a: to make a final choice or judgment about b: to select as a course of action —used with an infinitive c: to infer on the basis of evidence: conclude
2: to bring to a definitive end
3: to induce to come to a choice
intransitive verb
: to make a choice or judgment
de·cid·abil·i·ty \di-ˌsī-də-ˈbi-lə-tē\ noun
— de·cid·able \di-ˈsī-də-bəl\ adjective
— de·cid·er noun

Yes...looky,looky

People only show their own lack of a vocabulary when they try and make fun of him for saying what he did.

[edit on 9-10-2008 by SpeakerofTruth]

[edit on 9-10-2008 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
If he didn't have an exit strategy he would probably try to leave through the cupboard door..

Has been known to happen.

[edit on 9/10/08 by Lebowski achiever]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
The Major is amused and saddened. Amused that ABC would have a staffer who would report today's Executive Order without noting that William Jefferson Clinton issued almost the same Executive Order eight years earlier. Saddened that a member of the esteemed and august gathering of conspiratorial minds that is ATS, would attribute it as something other than an accepted means of transition. The Major implores the troops to question and research, not knee jerk and post. The order of the day is "Deny Ignorance."

Dismissed.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Major Discrepancy

Sir, No Sir. Clinton is not in charge and hasn't been in the past eight years. He is no longer at the Helm and Bush did far more damage subsequently with a mere stroke of a pen. He is now watching the financial towers come tumbling down and he is not the least bit sorry. Deny ignorance, indeed.

PS: Perhaps the Major needs to cease and desist speaking of himself in the third person. It is very pretentious. He is not the Queen of England. Or the Dude

[edit on 9/10/08 by Lebowski achiever]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Have any of the "Bush wouldn't dare declare himself dick-tater crowd" ever seen a little film called Revenge of the Sith. Palpatine declares himself emperor while looking quite weak and dower.

Jeez, read the Prince folks.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Sometimes we tend to forget that a lot of legislation takes years and years to go into effect and affects the administration in charge. Even though Clinton is no longer in office, many of the legislation passed under his watch has had consequences in Bush administration. Likewise, legislation passed under Bush will also come into play in the next administration.

Bush is gone. So is Cheney. The elections will be held.

Whoever wins will be a one term President.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Memysabu
Wow you couldnt be more clueless. What better thing to do then look like you want to leave office. Before you become a dictator. I dont know if he will but I will say one thing, youre clueless and you must have been a shrub groupy from the begining and people like you are the reason we are int he mess that we are in. With the wars and the economy.

Okay, I am soo clueless and I am also responsible for the financial mess you are in. Yup, you are right. He is just acting. Those gray hairs and the excessive aging from stress is probably just some makeup to make him look old and tired. He is a dictator. He will never leave office. Sorry I am sooo clueless, but thanks for keeping me informed with your great post. I learned so much from it.

new topics

top topics

join