It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Asking Public To Register Storm Shelters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
As previously mentioned in my other threads... I am very concerned with how things are going in this nation. Perhaps I have spent far too many hours researching conspiracies, and finding issues behind "closed" doors. But when I saw this in my local paper, I about fell off my chair. So.. I would like your thoughts on this. Do you see genuine concern, or perhaps something more sinister?

They of course will say, "It's for your own protection!" but I find myself asking.. "When Martial Law is declared.. where will you be hiding?"

(Edited to include: Sorry, I took this pic with my cell phone. It's slightly blurred and I apologize)

[edit on 9-10-2008 by EagleTalonZ]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
"where will you be hiding is right.
i'd say that would be a good guess really.

maybe they want to know where you are in case of an emergency? so they can find your body after a major natural disaster?

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Its a strange one but if you think about it...

During a bad storm, if your house is disintegrated, it would be a god thing for someone to know that the people living in that house might be trapped in a shelter... AND it seems that the storms are getting worse in the US at the moment.

During a Marshall Law situation, people are usually confined to their houses.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by zooplancton

Well, according to the article, they say it's so they can find you in case debris lands on top of the exit, or something of that nature. It sounds truly innocent. Perhaps it is. But all things must sound innocent to win the approval of the public. In my opinion. Afterall.. they can't come out and say, "For now, it will be to help. But soon.. it will be to find hiding spots"

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dermo
During a Marshall Law situation, people are usually confined to their houses.

Granted, we are ordered to do so. But if Americans decided to fight against this order, there would be total chaos. Which of course has been mentioned in more threads than I can count. lol

While the order would be declared, people would consider this "Sit X" and many would go into hiding. It would help the government to know where these hiding spots are. And they certainly wouldn't be able to ask during this time, "Hey.. so uhhh.. where are you storm shelters?" cuz then the public would be on to the scheme of things. So they use the fear of being trapped. Just like they did with the current war. Play on the fear, and the people will beg for help.

Like I said.. this could be genuine for the moment. But I can almost promise if "Sit X" does actually come into play, this will take on a much more evil aspect. They will know where to look.

Also, at this point the article says that registering is "voluntary". I wonder how long that will last...

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

As opposed to being trapped in the basement or the bathroom or bedroom? Sure it would be a good thing to know, but not something that should be registered with the local police to have on file. What are the chances of the rescue workers having access to this information when they are digging through the rubble of your house anyways? I don't think there is a practical reason for this at all.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I'm with ninthaxis. How, in the midst of chaos, will they have time to check records and verify where your storm shelter is? I guess it could be done, but my first thought was that "they" would commandeer these shelters and use them as they see fit in the event of any future upheaval.

Yikes! I'm really starting to sound paranoid.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
"This is a free and voluntary program"

You don't have to tell them you have one. I think it is just an attempt to make us okies in a tornado prone part of the world feel safer. Besides most storm shelters are in close proximity to your house, and usually very noticeable. So, as for the, "they want to know where I'm hiding when
"whatever" happens.", is total bs.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Let's look at this logically. Is a storm shelter or safe room in your house a good place to hide in a Sit-X? I personally don't think so, at least for most people. If something wicked this way comes, I'll want to be somewhere deep in the piney forests far from the madding crowd. Hunkered down on my own property in a storm shelter isn't exactly in my plans for the chances of continued free movement.

Secondly, I live in tornado alley. We take a lot of precautions out here, and being proactive is always considered worthwhile. Often part of the search and rescue efforts after a tornado is composed of some police personnel. Having a record of where on your property the shelter was located could be available immediately to rescue crews.

Storm shelters, to be useful, need to be in close proximity to the home, so finding them is just a matter of time anyway. (In Sit-X "they'll" find that storm shelter anyway.) Time counts when there may be injured people involved.

Overall, I would evaluate the risk of the NWO finding this information useful as almost zero. But this information could be life or death to someone bleeding out in a storm shelter covered by downed trees in the middle of a stormy Oklahoma night.

$0.02

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
The technology exists for the "PTB" to use ground penetrating radar from either aircraft or satellites to locate any 'storm shelters'. If they can locate ancient Incan (?) pyramids, they can damn sure find Ma and Pa Kettle's root cellar. The local disaster response org., on the other hand, may not have the budget to permit that type of capability.

Hence, please tell us where it is now.....so at least we'll know where to find your corpses.

[edit on 9-10-2008 by MrPenny]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Storm shelter? No sir I don't have one.

Hiding place? No sir absolutely not.

Telling the government where your shelter is is like a rabbit telling a fox where his hole is.

This information is on a need to know basis and the government doesn't need to know.

Geesh...the very idea makes me shiver.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
This is why in a well designed shelter you need tools that could CUT THROUGH debris. A nice 2 or more ton automotive jack & stands is also handy, and should be stored in the shelter. Other handyman's tools should be there anyways, as you might want to rebuild / repair soon as whatever threat passes.

-Jacks & stands
-at least 2 saws
-pickaxe / sledgehammer
-whistles!

That's all you need. Register Schmegister.

Oh and a chainsaw & fuel / oil is always welcome if you have ok air ventilation.

[edit on 9-10-2008 by Atlantican]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Who designs a hide-out with only one entrace/exit?

I would think that if it was for "in case you get buried by debris", they could hear the "Help! We're trapped down here!".

No, this is so they KNOW where you are hiding your guns, ammo, food, and water (amongst other supplies).

REALLY smart and motivated people will even build a decoy "shelter".

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_chancealot

You called it. It's time for people to wake up to the fact that the people in charge are not our benevolent protectors. Sure, tell them where your shelters are located. The minute you do, your shelter is worthless.

Think smart. It's time to start keeping your secrets to yourself. The government knows too much already. Don't feed the beast.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I'm betting it has more to do with a potential tax than anything else.

The Gov't has popped up with some amazing stuff so they can tax us more.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
The only way for me to come to a decision on this is to know when this information came out. If this came out in the spring that would logically make sense because its tornado season. Storm shelters are pretty common in the Mid-West. Is that where you live? Based on that I have to say this is pretty innocent. If you live in an area where tornadoes are common and there is good chance you could get hit, law enforcement needs to be able to find you. That could be a matter of life and death. However, if this came out within the last month or two...Red Flag immediately. Something is definitely up. Of course, keep in mind that tornado outbreaks have been far worse in the winter months the last 5 years.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
after thinking more about it, storm shelters could be a great place to store arms. lots and lots of arms.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Reply To edgecrusher2199

Hey, this was released in my local paper yesterday, October 9th 2008. We haven't had any severe storms in a very long time. And to me, even if this HAD happened during the spring, I just don't think this is completely innocent.

The way I see this is kinda like their removing guns argument. Or the ability to tap our phones. Or do warrant-less searches.

They say, "It's for your own safety. To protect you." But it carries with it.. a depth of sinister meaning.

For now, certainly it could be innocent. And true, they do have technology to find shelters. But I think to say this is completely good... would be to ignore obvious truths if all we have said on this site, turn out to be true.

The really funny thing is that I've been contemplating building such a shelter. A place to store everything I would need in case of such an event. I already live in the country, but I have no doubt that would would go crazy in "Sit X". So I feel it is better to be safe than sorry. But I will never tell the authorities voluntarily, where my shelter is.

top topics

join