It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you do!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Hello out there, greetings from England. Catesby's the name - after the sorry fellow who either masterminded The Gunpowder Plot, or was a pawn of King James' privy council; the jury's still out.

Please be patient with me as I'm new to internet forums of any kind. I've tried my damnest to remain an anti-techno, run-to-the-hills, stubborn luddite but I must have folded. Ha! And as forums seem to go, this is rather daunting. A friend of mine's been banging on about ATS for some time to me now. As a kindred spirit it seems only right that I try & join the jamboree!

I'm a thirtysomething bluecollar worker ant, living in the Midlands, England & generally enjoy the humble quiet life. Since my late teens I've been sorely aware that we're subjects to dark agendas. In fact I became profoundly disenchanted with modern expectations and mores so much so I ordained as a Buddhist monk in my early twenties. Long term renunciation was more than I could handle, but I returned to secular life with a heart that still abides.

So I come from a position of healthy skepiticism yet open-minded too. Certain life experiences, religious practice notwithstanding, leave me disposed to respect that "There is more 'twixt heaven & earth than is dreamt of in your philosophy, Horatio." Fascinated by all things artistic, anthropological, spiritual; all the expressions of our collective conscious that make freedom of speech second only to The Golden Rule.

But nothing beats a log fire, a single-malt, a good book and a cold night's winter rain beating on the window pane.

It's good to find you guys. Be gentle with me at first; would hate to feel I don't want to come back. I'll toughen my skin when I'm ready but my intentions are always genuine.

Oh, I've checked out the handbook & various links but am having trouble applying an avatar to my profile. Members upload tells me I'm ineligable 'til 25 posts. Am I missing something? As I say, not too bright with computers. Any help would be appreciated.

Later

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Catesby

Greetings from the UK, And i hope you enjoy your time here.

regards your avatar/25 post thing.

If it says 25 posts until you can have one... get posting my friend

You have one out the way...
Although I'm sure somebody will have a better answer (and welcome probably)

Anyway, welcome and enjoy

[edit on 8/10/08 by blupblup]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I do well Catesby and how do you?

Welcome to ATS.

Enjoy.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Greetings, Catesby, and welcome!

The 'Member Upload' space is useful at times, but you may find it more useful to use a service such as PhotoBucket for uploading images to the Internet, which you can then either put in ATS posts or use as an avatar and such.

You can upload an avatar image to PhotoBucket, and paste the link in the 'Avatar URL' area of your account settings on ATS, without having to have made the 25-posts required to use the ATS image upload feature.

Have fun at ATS!

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
As an aging American Neaderthal, let me welcome you to the ATS community. I can't help you on the technical end, but others will show up here.

But, to give you a leg up, I've got some links to share:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and

www.abovetopsecret.com...

We strive to maintain civility and decorum on these boards at all times. If you find someone being abusive, then just use the alert function and let us moderators know. We'll look it over, and decide on the appropriate action, or lack of action, to take.

But a little bit of tough skin is always helpful too.

Have fun on the board.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Greetings and salutations Catesby. You won't find a better source of information, well thought out articles and good banter. Good choice in registering, you won't regret it.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
As an aging American Neaderthal, let me welcome you to the ATS community. I can't help you on the technical end, but others will show up here.

But, to give you a leg up

Thanks so much.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Welcome here and nice of you to join us.

yes the information highway is the place to be in these exciting times and you will be amazed at what this place has to offer.

I hope you feel right at home here.

Greetings from across the channel...

GM

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Catesby

ah, MR catesby good to see you again. wondering when you where going to turn up again.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Welcome! I haven't been here long myself, but I have found it to be as addictive as crack! You'll find the mini-fridge in the corner under the dusty JFK files. The jar in the fridge that looks like an embryo, don't open it! It's an alien and it smells real bad!

Have fun and I'll see you in the threads!!!

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Ahhh, now I'm home. I come bearing potato chips and Pizza's on speed dial. Volume up on the Creedence dude!

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean
Greetings, Catesby, and welcome!

Thanks Mr. Mclean, gonna look right into it. May be some time; this computer's in need of a fanbelt change he-heh

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Catesby

Welcome to ATS Catesby. Good to have you here.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Magic
Welcome here and nice of you to join us.

Greetings from across the channel...

GM

Thankyou neighbour! Catesby the newbie is having internet vertigo. Best sort this avatar thing out. Look forward to seeing you again

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
so after all the planning and the plotting toghether i dont even get a howdy. some times i dont even think you care.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmbroseRokewood
reply to post by Catesby

ah, MR catesby good to see you again. wondering when you where going to turn up again.

Mr. Rokewood! How the devil are you? It took me 400yrs to pull m'self together

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
well Mr catesby after all that hanging around, i just had to bring myself to the forefront once more.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
well Mr catesby after all that hanging around, i just had to bring myself to the forefront once more.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
I do well Catesby and how do you?

Welcome to ATS.

Enjoy.

Thankyou dizziedame look forward to seeing you again.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by YourForever
reply to post by Catesby

Welcome to ATS Catesby. Good to have you here.

Thankyou YourForever, I hope to become a worthy contributor to this fine establishment here; if only I could sort this avatar gig out! I've a picture residing in photobook but each time I try to paste the url to my profile - no joy! Any tips?

new topics

top topics

join