It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tonights Town Hall Debate Discussion

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

What did you expect.

It isn't like any of them have given any clear answers to any questions in any of the other debates....this is just the status quo.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Finn1916

Very off topic - but Finn1916 I see you are an Irish Patriot?

My family was very orientated in that field, relatives fought in the rising

Back on topic - PLEASE guys just get on topic - Obama just did for a minute, keep it up godammit!!

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
McCain certainly has a fetish for bringing up that projector in Chicago...

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Did McCain just say a spending freeze? Shouldn't they have though about this before voting on an 850 billion dollar bailout. I swear I'm voting NONE OF THE ABOVE~

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Finn1916

But at least that debate had substance and candor, Biden brought the substance, Palin brought the candor.

link   

Originally posted by cw034
Did McCain just say a spending freeze? Shouldn't they have though about this before voting on an 850 billion dollar bailout. I swear I'm voting NONE OF THE ABOVE~

That freeze would of course include social security and financial aid. So if you can't afford college cash wise, don't expect any government help if your family is poor.

Financial aid is the only reason my fiancee is able to go to a good school cause not everybody "Is making a billion dollars but is not rich" as johhny boy puts it.

link   

Did McCain just say a spending freeze? Shouldn't they have though about this before voting on an 850 billion dollar bailout.

Ah c'mon now, get with the program. It's no longer a BAILOUT, it's now a RESCUE.

They just change the terminology to make it more palatable to the masses...

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by md11forever

oH RIGHT...I forgot....silly me!!!

I love how Tom Brokaw is really trying to keep this thing on track. It's almost commical how the candidates are being scolded for talking to long

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
The "I will not raise anybody's taxes" by Mccain was good.

The " trying to nail down Obamas proposals is like trying to nail jello to the wall" was great.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Is it not rather pretentious to continuously say 'my friends'?

He is not my friend, never has been, never will be. I get lunch at a diner and he eats lobster for lunch. Lets put some things in perspective. I know how many houses I have, one. So in the outer limits of familiarity.
He has not the veracity of character to even come close being an everydays man.

[edit on 10/7/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   

reply to post by md11forever

oH RIGHT...I forgot....silly me!!!

I love how Tom Brokaw is really trying to keep this thing on track. It's almost commical how the candidates are being scolded for talking to long
that is the funniest thing, ol tom telling them "Look guys, you agreed to these terms, and now i'm gonna make you adhere to them. Just cause you are politicians doesn't mean you get to lie to me i am the Brokawnator!!!!!!!!!!!"

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Yea Tom Brokaw is rather humorous this evening. First thing I thought of though when I saw him tonight was the episode of "Family Guy" with the roving gang of Tom Brokaws.

LOL @ "The straight talk express lost a wheel."

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
For cripes sake....

Someone PLEASE answer just ONE of the questions posed!!!

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic1
For cripes sake....

Someone PLEASE answer just ONE of the questions posed!!!

We all know it's not gonna happen. Hell, john said he was gonna answer the question, and then didn't. none of them can be trusted. overthrow the government.

link   
As many times as Johnny has called me "friend" tonight, I'm expecting an invitation to Thanksgiving Dinner!

link   
Alright guys,

Who do you think has the upper hand so far?

Its looking pretty even to me, maaaayybee a slight lead for Obama.

God, if McCain says My Friends again......

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Are the 24 in the 'town hall' reading the questions off index cards or a teleprompter?

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by marker3221

Half-way through....it's a tie.

They are both doing equally as bad.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I'd give Obama a slight "lead", but that's just based on the fact that Skeletor keeps calling me his "friend".
Damn that's getting sickening.

Plus, I don't think Obama is slinging as much mud as McCain is tonight.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Well let see, Neither has said anything, neither is answering the questions so I would say the game is tied 0-0

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join