It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knock Out: CNBC Confirms Lehman CEO Punched At Gym

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Knock Out: CNBC Confirms Lehman CEO Punched At Gym

www.businessandmedia.org

“From two very senior sources – one incredibly senior source – that he went to the gym after … Lehman was announced as going under. He was on a treadmill with a heart monitor on. Someone was in the corner, pumping iron and he walked over and he knocked him out cold. And frankly after having watched this, I’d have done the same too.” Ward determined Fuld deserved the beating based on his testimony before the committee.

“I thought he was shameless,” Ward said. “I thought it was appalling. He blamed everyone. He blamed, as you say, ‘naked short sellers’ over and over in case we didn’t get the point, when in fact hedge funds like Harbinger had money locked up in Lehman and was shorting it to try and make the most of the money that they already had. He blamed everybody but himself.”

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7-10-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
LOL!

Well, we may not be able to get any justice from the gov, and these folks, along with our criminal gov may be getting away with murder, BUT---Just goes to show you:

Somehow, somewhere...EVENTUALLY....If you screw with and tick off enough people, EVENTUALLY---Someone will be waiting for a payback.

My guess is that we're going to be reading a LOT of these stories in the future---Probably worse...

These people have absolutely VIOLATED this nation, and gotten away with it with the help of our totally corrupt gov...

www.businessandmedia.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I saw that bastard on Aussie TV tonight at that hearing totally denying any responsibility. Even the newsreader took a stab at him after the piece saying something to the effect of "and yes this man will certainly be having a restless night in one of his three mansions worth over 6 million dollars" or something to that effect.

I hope the punch hurt like hell.

[edit on 7/10/2008 by Kryties]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
This is classic
Out of all the doom and gloom going on these days this is excellent news. I am finally smilling today... In reality he's lucky he got knocked out and not put out.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Some good samaritan must have heard his 'I can't sleep at night' whining pile of hippo hwerf and decided to make it nappy time for the poor hard-done-by unemployed executive.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I actually cried out in joy when I read that title

I would have had more fun with him rather than just giving him a measly punch though. Some of that iron would have been inserted rather painfully into some of his orifices.

I hope and expect to hear more of these stories in the near future.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
A message loud and clear. I think this small episode could be a big trigger. How long before these guys start using bodyguards in public ?

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I'm not so sure. These people can buy their own gyms and they can buy protection. They don't really have to mix with us little people.

These people have absolutely VIOLATED this nation, and gotten away with it with the help of our totally corrupt gov...

Yes, I think most people agree with this. However, whilst I might dream of burning mansions and CEOs pushed into forced manual labour, I really, really, really doubt anything will be done. So, the guy was knocked-out cold. Well, it's not something I'm hoping random strangers do to me but, the guy eventually got up and walked away. Sure his masculine pride might have been dented and he was more cautious about locking windows and doors at night, but ultimately, he's gotten away with this pretty lightly. I'm sure there's some forum members that would trade taking a knock-out punch for a fraction of a percent of what that guy has made just from the last week alone.

====
Mod Edit: Large quote removed, 'reply to' linked
Mod Note: Excessive Quoting – Please Review This Link

[edit on 7/10/2008 by Badge01]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
S&F for the headline alone!!

*snip*

[edit on 7-10-2008 by Leo Strauss]

====
Mod Edit: No profanity, please, even acronyms
Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 7/10/2008 by Badge01]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
That must be on CCTV, I can't wait for the footage. It was his gym though.

I agree with DD here, we're going to see more of this, and I imagine there are people out there with more on their mind than a punch. Nice find.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Sendran

Yes it would be nice to get a hold of some CCTV footage and whack it through Adobe Premiere, zooming and slow-moing the vital scene as the fist hits the face making sure we see every detail of the four knuckle prints on the guys face as it sinks in and becomes nice and red....

Then plastering it on as many websites as we could possibly get our hands on....

Wonderful stuff

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
It's sad that this is ALL he got!

What's the point to the congressional probes anyway? To give him a tongue lashing & that's it?

You think after he finished reading his prepared speech about how "bad he feels", received his "tongue lashing", and boarded his private jet back home, that he even gave a crap?

Why would he care... he's set for life (and the next, and the next...). Mean while retirees, thinking they finally can relax a bit after a lifetime of hard work, now must figure out how the hell they're going to make it on their depleted 401k until they die... keep humpin it for the man suckers!

This whole thing is like when you were a kid and did something wrong. You're scared to death dad's going to whip your butt, but instead he just says "Son, I hope you learned your lesson from all of this"... and then you run upstairs, shut your bedroom door, and laugh about how you got away with it again.

I'm still waiting for the day congress questions these guys and we all get to watch them be HAULED OF TO JAIL! It'll never happen... but at least I can dream... mmmmm.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I think Fuld should be tried in Thailand, then canned to death...

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
This video shows some of his mansions and a reporter questioning him...

This is the news report of the punch. I love the English lady in the insert window she is gold

For your viewing pleasure

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Take away a persons money and you have an enemy. Take a little and they get pissed - take it all and they get enraged. Some people may want to jump out a window, but I bet most would rather "take out" the enemy.

What happened to the CEO in India could happen anywhere in the world:

www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/asia/article4810644.ece

Look out all you legislators who voted "yes" to this Shaft the Taxpayer Bill. You'll be lucky if all you get is just being voted out. You told your constituents that their opinion isn't worth diddly squat.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
These CEO's remind me a of a bit I saw on the Simpson's awhile back.

Homer was talking to a movie star, "McBain", with lots of money who had done some very questionable things.

Homer: "For shame! How do you sleep at night?!?!"

McBain: "On top of a large pile of money with several beautiful women."

Seems to pretty much the level of regret most of these CEO's have as well.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Is their a way for all of us to to contact this guy and ask him for our own bailout? Looks like he has plenty of money anyway, why not help lots of Americans out with his stolen money?

LOL I love this, and I hope I keep seeing things like this happen. Kudos to the man who punched him out.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Ok this might the funniest most patriotic thing I have heard all year. I would LOVE to meet this guy and shake his hand. We do have some patriots left in this country. After seeing that interview yesterday what tiny bit of sorrow I felt for Fuld went right out the door and I TOO wanted to give the guy a left hook.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
A great many of the nations CEO's already have bodyguards.

I'm a touch surprised Fuld was stupid enough to show up in a public place.

And wondering as well why he doesn't just put a gym into his home/homes?

Not surprising, CEO's seem to be the cheapest people on the earth.

Witness the perks and payouts to the recently retired Exxon executive who got out with 400 million not too long ago.
Part of what he got was that the company would pay his country club fees every year.

So - guessing here - if said country club fees were $50,000. per year couldn't he afford to pay that out of the 400 million?
Not to mention he still gets to use a company jet plane . . . for consultations and the like.
Sure thing, that's one I'll believe.

And the head of Tyco - who's now sitting in prison - used company funds to pay the 2 million for his wires toga birthday party on Crete.
With 16 million a year income he couldn't afford that?

Jack Welch of GE, part of his perks while employed were fresh flowers every day in his mansion.

Know what Kenneth Lay was doing at Enron when arrested?
Picking out the cabin upholstery in the newest of many company jets.

These guys - the CEO's - are easily recognized people.
If they're half as smart as they think they are they'll stay out of the public eye.

I think though, fame is a narcotic and they'll have a hard time not getting out and about.

OJ Simpson is a classic example.
Nicole's sister commented that OJ used to get furious when out in public and no one recognized him.

Maybe the best thing for the scumbag CEOs is to move to France where a lot of persona non grata types seem to show up.

Maybe, I think the French people are a tad PO'd at them as well.

No place to run, no place to hide.

Getting back to Fuld, I don't think there's a jury in the country that would convict the guy who punched him....

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Good job who ever punched this guy. The only bad part is that Fuld survived. He should be lynched.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join