It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexuals should carry warning tattoos, says chaplain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Has the world gone mad or am i looking at it in a slightly different view to everyone else....

As far as I am aware, such statements are an arrestable offence here in the UK.

So why has nobody strung this guy up by the proverbials?

The chaplain to the London Stock Exchange has said that homosexuals should be tattooed with health warnings similar to those seen on cigarette packets.

The Rev Dr Peter Mullen said in an blog that homosexuality was "clearly unnatural, a perversion and corruption of natural instincts and affections" and "a cause of fatal disease".

He recommended that homosexual practices be discouraged "after the style of warnings on cigarette packets".

He wrote: "Let us make it obligatory for homosexuals to have their backsides tattooed with the slogan SODOMY CAN SERIOUSLY DAMAGE YOUR HEALTH and their chins with FELLATIO KILLS."

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Mod Note: Breaking General News Posting Guidelines- Please Review This Link

And most importantly, the submission must be made via the 'submit' News Button
located on the toolbar at the top of the page.

[edit on 8-10-2008 by Jbird]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Maybe the reverend should have "Religion Brainwashes You", tattooed to his forhead?

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien

So why has nobody strung this guy up by the proverbials?

Maybe no decent homosexual wants to touch his proverbials, and that's his problem.

We've been marked before, and Nazis tried to exterminate as many as they could.

People like him make me laugh because you can't remove an entire segment of society, a part of society that keeps being re-created by totally straight couples breeding.
It's not like it's a choice people make at puberty that "Oh hey, I think I'll be gay today".

I for one have never had a sexually transmitted disease, and I've never given one to anyone else.
My husband and I have been together for almost 20 years, which is more than I can say for most of the straight couples we know. And hey, we're monogamous, which is also more than I can say for many of the straight couples we know.

At least this fool of a Chaplain has showed all his cards and we now know how evil his heart truly is. Let's hope he get's everything he deserves.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

:shk:

This just makes me sick and I am starting to really, really worry about humanity. The things I am reading on ATS are really starting to depress me. Deep inside we all want to believe that the atrocities in history would never happen again and that we would have learned our lesson but apparently not.

We have this thread with a man who wants to tattoo homosexuals.

There's a thread in the BBQ forum about anti-semitism where one member posting is an obvious Holocaust denier.

There's a thread in the CIR forum where a member trivialized and pretty much condoned the persecution of Christians in the East.

I was reading an article about a DJ who, as an experiment, said he wanted to round up American Muslims and place them into concentration camps. He then waited for his callers to call in to see whether or not they would agree. Then he revealed at the end it was to show how little we have actually changed since WWII.

What's wrong with people? I don't even want to watch the news anymore. It's like the whole world went mad.

Sorry to hijack your thread, Extra Alien, but it's like everything I read nowadays is nothing more than someone hating someone else and it is starting to really take a mental toll.

[edit on 10/6/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Thanks for your posts everyone... it is a pretty bad thing for him to say...

should be sacked, tarred and feathered

Well, Ashley, you have not hijacked my thread..
IMO you have given it more strength with what you have said.

Maybe you could post the links to the topics you mentioned just so that others can follow up on what you said and they will see how un-adjusted we still are.

(I say 'we' but you know I mean those who make stupid comments like the ones that this thread is about)

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
*Actually, I'll edit this out and just u2u you this post instead. I don't want to derail your thread. It was a rant linking to several different threads consisting of disturbing comments and subjects but in order to keep this thread on track about this incident, it's better to just u2u you. lol I don't want it to come across like I'm trying to drown out this incident with other subjects. This incident deserves its own thread.

[edit on 10/6/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   

He wrote: "Let us make it obligatory for homosexuals to have their backsides tattooed with the slogan SODOMY CAN SERIOUSLY DAMAGE YOUR HEALTH and their chins with FELLATIO KILLS."

We could start labelling everything in such a way, my penis would have 'May cause pregnancy' All women should have 'May be grumpy at times' Old people could have 'May talk at length about the war' ahh the list goes on...

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Well once again another brainwashed delusional christian wants to impose the will of his imaginary jesusgod of the bible upon the rest of us.

If a man can be convicted of the thought crime for questioning some of the holocaust, then surely the (questionable) bible authors should be equally as guilty.

It is long past time thet the bible should have been removed from circulation for promoting hate, racism , homophobia, mysogoni, rape, genocide.

It's all well for apologists to spew out the usual "We don't do that no more" crap but at the end of the day many do under the banner of christianity.

I'm sick and tired of hearing the words "He or they're not true christians" this is dog doo, if the "Real" christians want to prove their case that the slavery , stonig to death etc does not apply to them,

THEN WHY DON'T THEY REMOVE THIS INFLAMATORY FILTH FROM THE BOOK THEY GIVE TO CHILDREN ?

If ever I decided to be gay here is a book being circulated as truth instructing it's readers to somehow interprite whether, they should kill me or not because of it.

There is only one thing worse than an a deluded Islamic fundamentalist and that's a deluded mental christian that really doesn't know what to believe.

Perhaps it's the christians that should be tatooed, so we can see our potential enemy or those that would be a potential threat to our children.

I have yet to hear of one gay publication that considers me to be an abomination for being hetrosexual and as punishment would have me tortured for eternity, or raises the possibilty of the reader putting me to death.

Is this an extreme rant from an anti christian ?

No this is a reasonable responce to an extreme and absurd religion that would, given the opportunity dictate how I or my children would live ours lives.

It's time the bible was put on the shelf with Homers Illiad.

Amen (egyptian god)

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
Perhaps it's the christians that should be tatooed, so we can see our potential enemy or those that would be a potential threat to our children.

Oh my goodness. Like I said:

I am starting to really, really worry about humanity

Nobody should be getting tattoos.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

Originally posted by moocowman

Oh my goodness. Like I said:

I am starting to really, really worry about humanity

Oh my goodness indeed, humanity is nothing to worry about, human beings are generally very nice decent people until they get involved with insane and enslaving belief systems.

Indeed, nobody should be getting tatooes, ie nobody should be persecuted or condemned in anyway for that which is what they are and that which makes them human.

Certain belief systems consider the way some people are an "abomination" a "sinner" which terms only apply in the belief system, that is they are "repugnant criminals" in the eyes of the belief system.

If an individual chooses to consider another person in a manner less than themselves, then this is their human right, and allthough it may not agree with the views of others the right to free think should be upheld at all times.

However when this personal belief is attempted to be forced or coherced upon others or dupes the vulnrable to impact the lives of others in a negative manner, so as to discriminate an individual then it becomes not only repugnant but illegal in EU law.

The Bible most definately discriminates against a variety of Human types, if it did not then there would be no mention of these types in these falacious writings.

I have the human right to consider women inferior to myself for example, I have the right to think as I like.
I do not however have the right to write a book that would encourage other individuals to consider women in the same way, in order to impact their lives in a manner that could potentially harm them physically or emotionally this is hate crime.

The (alledged) author of the bible could think how he or she likes of me he has the right to, he also has the right to think of doing me harm either physically or emotionally he also has the right to consider impinging upon my life.

But he has NO right to act this out or encourage others to do so, this is a discriminatory attack on myself.

The Bibles in their various forms, openly discriminate against various human types and the topic of this thread shows a working example of how they do and also encourage the reader (believer) to do the same.

If there is no place in christianity for descrimination then descriminatory statements should be removed from it's doctrine.

As a rule I personally find it ignorant, foolish and repugnant to consider burning a book, but the volume of harm that this particular book (s) has instigated throughout history and is still doing, makes me consider getting out my matches.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Well, according to the article he belongs to the Church of England.

Church of England - Wikipedia

The Church of England is the officially established Christian church[3] in England, the Mother Church of the worldwide Anglican Communion and the oldest among the communion's thirty-eight independent national churches.

The Church of England considers itself to be both Catholic and reformed:

I think he should be raising cane about his brothers in the cloth that sexually abuse young boys rather than worrying about the health risks taken by two consenting adults!

Maybe they didn't get HIS memo?

[edit on 10/9/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Thats seriously messed up.

And this guy calls himself a man of God.

Its about time such men were stripped of their priesthood.

Also,trying to pass his comments off as typical English humour is just adding insult to injury.

The rector, who has written for The Daily Telegraph, insisted that he meant no harm: "I wrote some satirical things on my blog and anybody with an ounce of sense of humour or any understanding of the tradition of English satire would immediately assume that they’re light-hearted jokes."
from the article.

[edit on 22-10-2008 by jakyll]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I like satire. I like sarcasm and irony, too. As anyone who's read some of my posts can attest, I use them all frequently. But even I know that there are some topics that are out of bounds and inappropriate for "light hearted humor." This is one of them.

I could almost agree with a tattooed warning label for convicted child abusers (i. e. active pedophiles) to warn children not to trust them - but homosexuals? Next he'll want tattoos on prostitutes, adulterers, and tats on certain body parts that say "Excessive stimulation may cause blindness."

We all know better. Don't we?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Hitler already tried this, rounding up gays and tattooing and killing them.
I wonder if the dear pastor would find it just as funny to suggest that Jews should have this done?

We've learned a little about how terrible the holocaust was, but we obviously have not learned enough about the people it was aimed at.

By the way: "You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh on account of the dead or tattoo any marks upon you: I am the Lord" (Lev. 19:28)
I guess not all pastors read the bible.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

Unless they want them and they are really cool!!!

Your posts on this thread is why I like and respect you so much! You give me some hope for the future!

As for the other sickos in the world who agree with this disturbing chaplain, I am reminded of the first five words of every episode of Captain Planet and the Planeteers:

OUR WORLD IS IN PERIL!!!

top topics

join