It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you organize a protest?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Yes, unfortunately you are quite correct there. Although one person does spring to mind: Richard Branson. I do not know enough about the bloke to honestly say if he is corrupted or not but he is one of the few 'rich elite' that has always struck me as being a nice fellow, down to earth and willing to put up his own money.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
reply to post by blupblup

whoa whoa whoa whoa... This is my thread and I'll ask the questions here, thank you very much!

Whistle blows. Personal and professional foul called.

In closing - since this is your thread and the rules are not for discussion but for interrogation -

Mother Teresa said, "I was once asked why I don't participate in anti-war demonstrations. I said that I will never do that, but as soon as you have a pro-peace rally, I'll be there."

You bring into being that which you put your energy toward. Be what you believe in not what you don't. Is that why you are conflicted and want to live vicariously through others lives? Are you just gathering data on who to recon? You think you have so much to lose that you can't act - and yet your one courageous action questioned the inaction of those who would supposedly have more to lose as elected officials - do you see the irony? Oooops, sorry - those were questions.

I will eject myself from your game - Peace out.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

You think you have so much to lose that you can't act - and yet your one courageous action questioned the inaction of those who would supposedly have more to lose as elected officials - do you see the irony?

I will admit that I have been up a long time and I am getting pretty groggy here. I am not really sure if I follow what you are saying.

My one courageous action (being the email to my congressman I assume) questioned the inaction (? I wasn't questioning inaction, I was making a statement about their act of passing the bill. Not passing it would have been inaction. Passing the bill in the face of overwhelming opposition from the people that they are paid to represent is an action in my opinion.) of those who would have more to lose as elected officials...

I guess I can see why you would consider it ironic. I don't agree with you though. I think that it is the actions of these electted officials that have created the environment we live in now. The environment where people are being charged with a felony for simply attending a demonstration. The actions of these people have us living in fear.

I assume that you understood that my "I'll ask the questions here" comment was a joke. I want to believe that a lot of your response was in jest as well, but it doesn't read that way.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I'm sorry then -

I must have missed your reply to the earlier question other than the reply I quoted. I'll go back and read again. If it was sarcasm then the answer is there and my tiredness made me read to quickly. Maybe it was discussion rather than interrogative processes used.

You are correct though - the elected's action I viewed as inaction so the irony would have been lost in translation. They did not craft anything other than add-on pork rinds. That was inaction from my coordinates. They acted without courage and did as they were told rather than challenge was what I should have implied.

I'll stick by the Mother Teresa quote though in response to your original question.

Peace

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

It was just sarcasm, so thank you for the follow up. I appreciate it.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Ha ha...you got me
thought i could sneak it by you..

Well, you may be right on the bailout thing.
And your certainly right on the 'odds-are-stacked-against-us thing' too

I know it's hard to keep up the fight sometimes my friend, but you have to.
So many people don't even realize things are amiss in the world, or they are just ignorant, stuck in their ways or dumbed-down and when you or i or anyone does know and we are aware and conscious and we have the possibility of changing it (i won't say power cos I'm not sure we do
) and we don't try, then we have failed.

I have no solutions really, many ideas and hopes and aspirations but very little in the way of a workable solution.

But you or i cannot do it alone, But we may just be able to do it together...

Stay strong man

[edit on 5/10/08 by blupblup]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join