It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stealth Bomber Flyover

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Today I was on my way home from the store when I saw a Stealth Bomber flying by. It made a couple of rounds by the time I got home, and luckily ended up making five in total (that I saw.) This gave me time to get my camera and take a few pictures and I also got one of the flyovers on video. There were also two aircraft that I am not able to identify, but they looked similar to F-35A JSF aircraft. It was pretty neat to see one of these flying around in person, and during the second flyover, it actually flew right over my head. I wish I had my camera for that one, but I still got some good pictures.

Youtube Video

Pictures here:

[edit on 10/4/2008 by evo80]

[edit on 10/4/2008 by evo80]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
There are only two F-35s flying around. One F-35A, and one F-35B. IIRC they're flying in separate areas, one was scheduled to go to Edwards in California to do in flight refueling tests as well as other flight tests. The other completed flight tests to verify operation of the doors for the lift fan in flight, and that everything works as designed, and was scheduled to be grounded until at least January of 2009. They're going to put a redesigned engine in it before starting hover tests.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Cool pictures, shame about the video, but that's gotta be cool having a stealth fly over your house

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Interesting. I do not know what they were, but the F35 is similar to what I saw. I am not educated in aircraft at all, so I have no idea what they actually were. They appeared to have the same wide wing style as the F35 does though.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
What area of the country do you live in?

They were probably F-15s. The wing looks similar on the F-15 and the F-35, and there are tons of F-15s flying around.

Here are pics of both:

F-35A

F-15C

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
The B2 stealth bombers fly around where i live at NWC China Lake Calif all the time. The air-force uses the instrument ranges the navy has for drop test and the Russian radars the navy has at the Randsburg Wash range for testing the stealth against Russian radar systems.

Waite till you have one fly over you at 300 feet and the shadow passes over you before you hear the B2.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
What area of the country do you live in?

They were probably F-15s. The wing looks similar on the F-15 and the F-35, and there are tons of F-15s flying around.

Here are pics of both:

F-35A

F-15C

I live in Colorado Springs, CO so there are many bases around. They were not F-15s because the ones I saw had wings shaped like an A, like the F-35.
A wide base that met in the middle at the wing tip. Does that make sense?

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
There are many different types of planes that fly around Colorado, so it could have been any number of them. There are several training bases, as well as several F-16 units flying out of there. Or it even could have been a TDY deployment for the Navy/Marines so it could have been one of their birds.

How about this one:

[edit on 10/5/2008 by Zaphod58]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   

There are only two F-35s flying around. One F-35A, and one F-35B.

You are kidding, right!!!

How could you mistaken the second photo provided by the original poster for anything less than a B2 bomber?

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
How could you not read the rest of his post?? The part where he talks about ANOTHER fly over of two fighter sized aircraft that looked like F-35s, but he didn't have his camera to take pictures of them? Oops!

There were also two aircraft that I am not able to identify, but they looked similar to F-35A JSF aircraft. It was pretty neat to see one of these flying around in person, and during the second flyover, it actually flew right over my head. I wish I had my camera for that one, but I still got some good pictures.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I've confused the F35B with an F15, they look pretty similar from a distance. I was in St Louis at the time, watching what I thought was an Eagle from the local Air National Guard wing flying low and slow around the airport. I would never have known it wasn't an Eagle if it didn't stop in midair and land vertically.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   

There are many different types of planes that fly around Colorado, so it could have been any number of them. There are several training bases, as well as several F-16 units flying out of there. Or it even could have been a TDY deployment for the Navy/Marines so it could have been one of their birds.

How about this one:

That one looks about right. Its the wings that stood out to me. These aircraft had A shaped wings with obtuse angles at each edge. The F15s have more like 90 degree angles at the edge. What type of aircraft is in this picture?

Also I sense some confusion. The bomber had flown literally right over my head but that was before i had made it home. It was flying in circles but moving further away on each pass. That is why it is at a distance by the time i did get the camera. The two other craft appeared in the video, but just as two blips. The one photo i managed to get of the two other craft came out blurry.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
isn't colorado springs the location of USNORTHCOM? yes, it is www.northcom.mil...

is this normal for your area seeing all the flyovers?

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by evo80

That's an F-22 Raptor. There are several squadrons of them now, and they're starting to deploy to various areas on training exercises more and more.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Very cool seeing that. They were simply doing touch and go. Happens all the time where I live. Still, never seen a stealth bomber flyover. Seen Awaks, Chinooks, Hercules, F-5s, F-18s, C-5 galaxies, et al. They just fly over, touch down, and take off again for another loop. Its just training. They aren't getting ready for anything.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Wow, thank you for sharing those cool pictures and video. Any airshows in the area?

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by evo80

There was an air show to the Old Colorado Springs Airport over the weekend.

www.cosairshow.com...

The web site does not have the B-2 listed on the schedule, but there were two F-22's there. Maybe the B-2 was a last-minute addition.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Boone 870

oh, ok..............an airshow............not to worry, thanks. headquarters for usnorthcom................yeah, nice cover up for training on us soil. like katrina whereby fema was testing its ability to combat chaos.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Yeah, because the US MILITARY certainly needs a cover story about why they're training on US SOIL. We all know that the USAF NEVER trains over the US unless they're preparing for something.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by newagent89
Very cool seeing that. They were simply doing touch and go. Happens all the time where I live. Still, never seen a stealth bomber flyover. Seen Awaks, Chinooks, Hercules, F-5s, F-18s, C-5 galaxies, et al. They just fly over, touch down, and take off again for another loop. Its just training. They aren't getting ready for anything.

The weird part about this though was that they just made five circles. They were getting further away with each pass, but it was just loops. Also, I was in the store across the street and saw it immediately when getting out, so I dont know if there were more than five passes or not.

There was a 4th craft that you can hear me mention in the video. It was off in the distance but was in the direction that the stealth was looping towards. I didnt think it was related since it was a little too far away, but one weird thing was that when that 4th craft went out of sight, that was when the stealth and other two aircraft flew away the opposite direction.

top topics

join